More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 10:43:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New Sim Lifetime Wants shipped with Pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Sim Lifetime Wants shipped with Pets  (Read 18679 times)
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Pets New Lifetime Wants
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 19, 10:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If babies can chat on the computer and phone why can't pets?

The lack of thumbs probably  Grin

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 19, 16:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have 20 Simultaneous Pet Best Friends

I have visions of my sims hanging out at the Pooch Park every day so Fido can sniff butts and throwing parties to invite all the neighborhood animals (Can they eat from the buffet, or will they raid the fridge?).  Is there any chance of seeing a "Litterbox Uses You" mod, or will my sims have to rent Porta-Pans?
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 October 19, 17:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has got me curious, is it 'Have your Pet have 20 Simultaneous Best Friends' or 'Have 20 Simultaneous Best Friends of Pets' ?   The way the LTW is being phrased, could make it either way.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 October 19, 17:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its the sim, the pets dont have wants - at least not ones that are logged or that I can find.
noname
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 October 20, 02:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, Pescado, I hope you have plans to update the LTW Variety Hack and include personality/interest related stuff. So that an interest in animals actually has some affect.
An excellent idea. I'm glad I thought of it.

Heh. While you're busy thinking up such brilliant ideas, any chance you could also tune down the Own 5 Businesses wants. Maybe based on Aspiration as well, if it isn't already, but also tweak interest related requirements, perhaps with Money, Work, and whatever else you may deem relevent in all your wisdom and awesomeness. Cheesy

Ste

PS. Turns out Best Buy around here and NYC did not get OMFGPETZ!!!!!!!1111oneone yet. My excitement quickly turned to disappointment when I got there.  Cry So... I guess I will have to wait 'til tomorrow hopefully, if not the by the end of the week. Roll Eyes

I'm actually having quite a hard time finding it in NYC myself. Odd for a city you can find everything else in . . .
Zucabr
Furry
Asinine Airhead

I/ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 October 20, 04:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has got me curious, is it 'Have your Pet have 20 Simultaneous Best Friends' or 'Have 20 Simultaneous Best Friends of Pets' ?   The way the LTW is being phrased, could make it either way.

The sim who has the LTW wants to be best friends with 20 pets. Stupid crazy cat lady.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 October 20, 05:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The subject of this thread freaked me out a little. I thought the Pets, themselves, had lifetime wants.

Would be kind of funny seeing a pet in aspiration failure, though...
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Re: New Sim Lifetime Wants shipped with Pets
« Reply #32 on: 2006 October 20, 12:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Gamestop I go to is usually the first to get any new releases.  And its usually around lunch time the day after the release.  I had to hang around the mall for a couple of hours waiting for the UPS guy to get his lazy fatass there to deliver the shipment.   Angry

I've had to do this for the last few games I've tried to buy as soon as possible.  Guess I just need to remind myself to wait a day and a half to get new games.

Also, Gamestop/EB has this deal where you can get 20% off the strategy guide when you buy them with the game.  This is the first guide I ever got for TS2 simply because this was the first time I ever got an expansion at Gamestop.

Best Buy pissed me off that day too.  They didn't have the game either, but they had the strategy guide.  What sense does that make?   Roll Eyes  And when I checked at Target they had a display saying that it wouldn't be on their shelves untill the 19th.

Is it asking too much to get the game the day its released?
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 October 20, 14:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The subject of this thread freaked me out a little. I thought the Pets, themselves, had lifetime wants.

I thought so, too, Brynne.  It makes slightly more sense knowing that it's the sim's LTW.  I wonder if the wolves count as "pet friends"?
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 October 20, 14:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets is the second Sims 2 product (the first was Glamour) that I've ended up buying at Target because  Best Buy didn't have it the day their advertising said it would be available.  Both times the clerks at Best Buy said they'd have it the next day, but I wasn't going back to Best Buy when I could get it up the street.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 October 20, 17:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

............................. , any chance you could also tune down the Own 5 Businesses wants. Maybe based on Aspiration as well, if it isn't already, but also tweak interest related requirements, perhaps with Money, Work, and whatever else you may deem relevent in all your wisdom and awesomeness. Cheesy

Ste

Can I suggest that this is not an LTW any lazy, introverted sim is going to want?  If they haven't got bags of energy and hate constant streams of passing sims, this is a really hard LTW!  It's much, much harder than a career want.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 October 20, 17:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Gamestop I go to is usually the first to get any new releases.  And its usually around lunch time the day after the release.  I had to hang around the mall for a couple of hours waiting for the UPS guy to get his lazy fatass there to deliver the shipment.   Angry

I've had to do this for the last few games I've tried to buy as soon as possible.  Guess I just need to remind myself to wait a day and a half to get new games.

Also, Gamestop/EB has this deal where you can get 20% off the strategy guide when you buy them with the game.  This is the first guide I ever got for TS2 simply because this was the first time I ever got an expansion at Gamestop.

*shrug* If you want it release day, shell out the extra $10 for overnight shipping from EB/Gamestop. Otherwise, you're probably going to have to wait. This release was further complicated, though, because there was bad weather of some type in Kentucky which delayed them from getting off the ground for a few hours. So some of their stores would have had it ready to go on release day, if they felt like unpacking boxes, but this time around, that seemed to happen even more rarely.  You can also get the guide online for 20% off with a code, and you don't even need to buy it with the game.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2006 October 21, 02:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*shrug* If you want it release day, shell out the extra $10 for overnight shipping from EB/Gamestop. Otherwise, you're probably going to have to wait.

I pre-ordered mine and paid for 2-day ground delivery, but I still got my copy on the release date. This is the first time that's happened, and I must say I was very impressed.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my copy came from the EB Games online shop.
« Last Edit: 2006 November 01, 12:38:09 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 October 21, 03:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved Don Lothario to the cabin by the water tower, rebuilt it slighty, he grew some hair and a beard and now he is the crazy jilted (ok jilter) lover turned animal lover and adopting all the strays and befriending all the wolves....Tongue
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 October 21, 08:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wealth Aspiration
Have 6 Pets Reach the Top Career Level
This isn't so hard after you get past the idea of the rigors of taking care and training 6 pets. Commands aren't so hard to learn, and if your pet is a Genius, your family isn't dirt poor so your sim has free time and/or your sim has some charisma, they're quite easy.
In fact it's even easier : like with the own 5 top business, you can have one pet repetively climb up career ladder to grant the lifetime want...
What I'd like to know (if someone tested this out) is how this work in household with more than one sim ? do every pet of the house count toward the lifetime want or only the master/mine ones ??
For the moment I tested this in a household with one sim and 3 pets...

ETA : but my sim did not receive a memory of fullfilling her lifetime wants.... she is permaplat though.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 21, 08:14:54 by pioupiou » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 October 21, 08:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I suggest that this is not an LTW any lazy, introverted sim is going to want?  If they haven't got bags of energy and hate constant streams of passing sims, this is a really hard LTW!  It's much, much harder than a career want.
Well, it's not a hard LTW, and can actually require considerably less than 5 businesses. I've had a normal business, which I wasn't trying to exploit this on, fluctuate from level 10 to level 9 and back again purely from normal random activity, and spew forth 5 or 6 "top level business" wants, each of which counts towards the "5". So in practice, it can be as few as one. Tongue But yeah, doesn't seem like something for slackers. Noted.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2006 October 21, 09:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance you'd consider actually making these type of things, like memory count dependent LTWs, like Actually challenging, the way they are supposedly meant to be in the first place? Like having Woohoo with 20 different sims actually required Different sims rather than having some counted twice due to some buggy reason. I've read that ppl have done that LTW because certain woohoo interactions generate multiple types of woohoo, like very first woohoo, first woohoo with, and the normal woohoo memory or whatever. Is there any easy way to mark it so a business reaching the top only counts once? Tongue

I mean yeah sure it's great that you can exploit these loop holes or what not, but wouldn't fixin this sort of make the game a bit more realistic and fall in line with your whole "harder" hacks theme? Cheesy

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 October 21, 09:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In essence, preventing them from ever creating any new careers and the related LTWs because they don't want to have to go through all the trouble of adding them because they are lazy. That must be the case, because if they managed to add new ones, how hard would it have been to just add back the Uni career related ones, considering the fact that a modder was able to do it. Bleh. Crappity bastards. Anyhew... I'll probably head off to Best Buy soon and pick up a copy sometime tonight.
The truth is, adding LTWs is very easy. You need a want table, a memory, check tree, and trigger point checks. The problem is, doing some of this requires modifying core files. They're not HARD modifications, trivial for those who can make official changes, but they simply won't do them, preferring to leave things unfinished. Third-party modifications of said files is a risky business because only one attempt to modify the file may be used at a time, and the only way to combine changes it manual merging.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LadyCrimsonSkye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 October 22, 01:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been following this thread, and was wondering where to find the new LTW hack, once it's been completed.  I'm working on trying to figure out where everything is here, but it's a bigger forum than I'm used to.  Please forgive my noobness.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 October 24, 18:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been following this thread, and was wondering where to find the new LTW hack, once it's been completed.  I'm working on trying to figure out where everything is here, but it's a bigger forum than I'm used to.  Please forgive my noobness.
Looks like nobody has answered you for 2 days, so I'll take a stab.  For JM's stuff, you can find individual hacks here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7.0.html
and the Director's Cut (all necessary hacks in one file) here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8.0.html

For TJ's hacks, go to the "Not a Good Commando Name" section.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2006 October 26, 11:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's not a hard LTW, and can actually require considerably less than 5 businesses. I've had a normal business, which I wasn't trying to exploit this on, fluctuate from level 10 to level 9 and back again purely from normal random activity, and spew forth 5 or 6 "top level business" wants, each of which counts towards the "5". So in practice, it can be as few as one. Tongue But yeah, doesn't seem like something for slackers. Noted.
The only sim I have who has made this LTW, made it with one business thanks to the incompetent hairdresser he hired as prospective  manager.  Actually the problem is, running a business is hard for us.  With career wants, we send them off to work meeting the requirements, they do all the work and come back exhausted without us having to get involved!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: