More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 13:59:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New OFB info
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New OFB info  (Read 37562 times)
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: New OFB info
« Reply #50 on: 2005 December 05, 22:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the quiet pregnancy mod?

is that where she just lies there until he's done?

Cheesy  ahahahahahahahaha   Cheesy
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 December 05, 23:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually liked Unleashed.  I liked the enlarged neighbourhood and I loved the bus!  And some of the build items were great!  In fact, I'd say, if I had to go back to Sims 1 and could only have one EP, that would be the one I'd pick!

Zephyr Zodiac
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 December 06, 00:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loved Unleashed. Granted, I was more of a builder for TS1, but pets just seem like such an essential part of a family for me. For example, a young married couple could get a pet instead of a child and it made single "elders" more interesting (crazy cat lady anyone?). Now, I wouldn't be happy with TS1 level pets in TS2 at all. I want the whole kit and caboodle... different size dogs (my big tough guy wants a full size Rottweiler... not a little terrier with black and tan coloring), cats, non-traditional pets (birds, reptiles, ferrets, pocket pets), and farm animals (rideable horses would be AWESOME, as well as cows, chickens, pigs, sheep, goats, etc.). Zoo animals wouldn't be unwelcome either. And no damn strays that wander the neighborhood, strolling into houses at random. I wouldn't mind "foundling" pets (i.e. a cat shows up on your porch, do you adopt it or take it to the humane society) but none of this crap where strays just walk into your house. And, though hacks can overcome it, I don't want animals to count as full-fledged family... if I want 6 kids and a bunch of pets-- deal with it. It'd all fit into the business thing, too... a riding stable, pet breeding, a pet shop, an animal shelter, pet training, pet grooming, ad infitum. Suffice to say, I want pets. Unfortunately, I think my expectations are a bit high and I'm bound to be disappointed. Guess we'll just get through OFB and deal with it's inevitable bugs before getting too worked up about anything else. ~KG
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 December 06, 00:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like more of the same old same old to me!!!!  Deal with the new bugs!  Sort out the new problems it throws up!

I actually wonder if they put all this in deliberately so people will have something to sort out!  At least it keeps your brain from seizing up, but quite a few of us must end up in aspiration failure when they see their beloved neighbourhood falling apart!

Zephyr Zodiac
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 December 06, 00:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Business pack:

can't wait can't wait can't wait!

I really hope they don't screw this up because I'm going to be crushed if the pack is lame.  Undecided  I want to be able to scrap careers and promotions completely and run an entire Sim economy.  Guns and butter!  (Econ 101 reference).

Unleashed TS1:

Pets got old fast, especially the pets that roamed the neighborhood.  I was running the Mac version of TS1, and as soon as stray pets came on the lot, they slowed the game down immensely.  Had to keep deleting them as soon as I saw them. I would have uninstalled...except I dug the gardening.  I had whole families living off of gardening, selling the veggies.  

HATED the mice, remember the mice?  Oh that was the pits.   Angry  I had to have cats to get rid of the gophers for my gardening families, but then the flies from the dirty dishes would turn into mice.  I ended up chasing them around myself with move_objects on, endlessly.  (You could sell them for money, I seem to remember.)

There was nothing wrong with Unleashed, however, that Pescado, TJ, Crammboy and Inge wouldn't have tidied up in a few weeks under TS2.

Pays to know people.  Wink

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 December 06, 00:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, the mice and the flies were worth money! And there were only a few strays, and you could just adopt them into your families by getting to a 60+ relationship with them, and unlike sims2 the game did not generate replacements!

I though it worked well, most of my sims then lived in two parent, maybe a gran or grandad, two or three kids and a dog and a cat type families, and my game worked fine!  And I used things like simslices rejuvenator to keep them happy on community lots.  Those were the days.........

Zephyr Zodiac
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2005 December 06, 01:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/260314.asp

Ebgames is reporting that it is set to release on 2/28/2006.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 December 06, 01:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, the mice and the flies were worth money! And there were only a few strays, and you could just adopt them into your families by getting to a 60+ relationship with them, and unlike sims2 the game did not generate replacements!

I though it worked well, most of my sims then lived in two parent, maybe a gran or grandad, two or three kids and a dog and a cat type families, and my game worked fine!  And I used things like simslices rejuvenator to keep them happy on community lots.  Those were the days.........

Yes, well, I played TS1 in a vacuum.  Other than visiting download sites and consulting the Prima Guide, I never had input from any other players.

Toward the end of my TS1 obsession, I played all of my pet families with the pet permenantly deleted.  They just got on my nerves.  Nearly downloaded that really nasty Simslice object that drained all of the wandering pets motives so they ran away, sucked dry.

Shocked

Couldn't do it, but I thought about it.  Long and hard.

If I'd known you then, ZZ, I'll bet I would have found ways to love them!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 December 06, 01:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously didn't visit SimFreaks Forum.

Zephyr Zodiac
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 December 06, 01:42:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously didn't visit SimFreaks Forum.

I didn't visit any forums!

What was I thinking...... it's a lot more fun to play with other people than it is to go it alone.  Tongue

Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 December 06, 01:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds fun.

But I pointed out things I wanted on the Hangout. Lemme go retrieve my post.

I like Simulation games, and not just life simulation. This will add an element of business simulation. I really hope they go all out and make it like running your own business like in real life, i.e. bills, inventory, sales, etc, and not a simple watered down version of 1. make object. 2. sell. 3. get cash.

I want all "glories" of running your own store. I want to be able to hire and fire employees to do various jobs. I want financial reports telling me how my income has been over the past month. (this is doubtful as I don't think the game has a sense of time other than a week. so maybe a weekly report) Etc, stuff like that, reports on the most popular object, what's in high demand, all that.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 December 06, 01:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just curious, what Risky Woohoo mod are you using? I've read mixed reports of the older version not working. But I never read a definitive account either way. I took a quick look at the code, and some of the BHAVs looked the same. *shrugs* However, there were some important changes regarding the Quiet Pregnancy mod, and there were some other minor differences. I redid Risky Woohoo, as well as added the option for the Car and the Photo Booth. You can get it from MTS2 [/self-pimp]. Or, if you are using my version, then I'd appreciate it if you reported what possible errors you might be experiencing. I've been using it in my game, with a lot of different mods, mostly Pescado's stuff, TwoJeffs, dizzy, and Crammyboy.

However, I do not download a lot of custom or hacked objects. So, I most likely probably can't guarantee compatibility with those kinds of objects. I could probably take a look at them, but since they are cloned objects, and things about them may have changed, which are beyond my control, it might not be an easy thing to make compatible with. I could try though. *shrugs*

Ste

I had been using sweatm's risky woohoo -- but it turned out it wasn't that causing it after all, it was some other hack that had snuck into my downloads folder without my knowledge. It took FOREVER to find out what the problem was, because I went through all the hacks in my hacks folder first. It's all fixed now, though! I've also bookmarked your risky woohoo mod for when I get nightlife -- I know I'm like the only simmer in the world who doesn't have it yet.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 December 06, 02:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the only things loose in my Downloads folder are the CEP and the censor removal patch, so anything else has got to be something I didn't put there!  (Only time something does go in there intentionally is when I install a Sims2Pack skin file which for some reason the Clean Installer and the Multi Installer won't open.  then as soon as I've installed it, I retrieve it, copy it to my downloads folder, then put the original into the backup folder with a pic if possible, and in it's own folder with a NAME on so I KNOW what it is, then get rid of the Sims2Pack!)  Since anything that gets downloaded accidentally goes straight into Downloads, i know just where to look!  This is not because I'm a neat and tidy person, this is because I had so much trouble in the past with a Downloads folder full of loose files!

Zephyr Zodiac
PKTrekGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 December 06, 02:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Count me as another person who loved Unleashed.

It was my favorite expansion for TS1, followed closely by Makin' Magic, and then probably Superstar.

I think part of the reason I'm not so into NL is because I couldn't have cared less about Hot Date.

But I do like the vampires and the cars in NL, anyway!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 December 06, 02:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pity the cars aren't bugged like everything else!!!!!  I had one lot where the poor guy came home from work and the school bus was stuck in front of his driveway, and the game just hung at that point where the buy/build mode is disabled, and there wasn't a thing I could do.  the kid was stuck on a bus and dying, the father was suck in his car and saving.  I couldn't exit the lot without saving from the game, I couldn't get the Windows Manager to do it, and in the end the only thing that worked was switching of the computer!  Why the hell they had to not only use the same portal as the bus but also MOVE the portal I don't know!  And if driveways and cars are not a good idea on small 2x2 lots, why do they put them in the game anyway!  Why not just make it only possible to put in a driveway if your lot is big enough for the bus not to block it!

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2005 December 06, 02:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there were some important changes regarding the Quiet Pregnancy mod,

Wait, do I need to update that one? I've been successfully using it for months and months, and have had no trouble that I can tell.

Well, if you read my post, I point out that it has been slightly changed in NL. I noticed that in the NL version, there is additional code which makes pregnancies affect the Outing Score (I'm not sure if it also affects Dating Scores). I didn't examine the code thoroughly, but I presume that it probably increases/boosts the Outing Score if a pregnancy occurs, since presumably a pregnancy is a happy or "good" event, and all sims seem to enjoy births, as they all want to "Come See Baby" and hold it and pass it around. Tongue

Essentially, all I did was take the new NL code and make the same exact changes as sweatm, which just disables the chimes. As I mention in my post, using the old version is essentially harmless, but it is incompatible with NL in the sense that it will not affect Outing Scores as redesigned by Maxis. If you don't do Outings or care about that, then it is pretty "safe" to use the old version.

What is the quiet pregnancy mod?

is that where she just lies there until he's done?

Cheesy  ahahahahahahahaha   Cheesy

Heh. Not exactly... Tongue It pretty much just disables the pregnancy chimes, so when a sim becomes pregnant, you aren't notified by sound. There is a visual however, in that the "Try for Baby" option disappears from the menu. I may update the mod and add changes so that the "Try for Baby" option is completely disabled. This is something that is very easy to do by modding the BHAVs directly. But I want to look at alternatives. I'm not sure if you can just simply remove those options from the main Sim pie menu without having to mod the BHAVs (probably something to do with Pie Menu Strings and what not). But I need to look into it more.

I had been using sweatm's risky woohoo -- but it turned out it wasn't that causing it after all, it was some other hack that had snuck into my downloads folder without my knowledge. It took FOREVER to find out what the problem was, because I went through all the hacks in my hacks folder first. It's all fixed now, though! I've also bookmarked your risky woohoo mod for when I get nightlife -- I know I'm like the only simmer in the world who doesn't have it yet.

Mind letting us know what hack it was that caused the problem? That way the rest of us know to avoid it, or kill on site without prejudice. Tongue

@windy_moon: I played TS1 in a vaccuum as well. Aside from visiting the official EA Sims site to download the occassional "new object" and maybe downloading sims/skins, I rarely added anything new. Heck, I wasn't even aware that there was a huge fanbase/online community. And I definately wasn't aware that there were hacks for the Sims 1, much less bugs. Tongue I pretty much chalked up anything "bad" happening to just general crappiness. I didn't think there could be anything done, at least not by the commmunity. It took me a whiles (a bit of lurking and reading silently) before I even tried mods for TS2. Tongue

@ZephyrZodiac: Now that NL allows more organization in folders, I've definately taken to making my Downloads folder a lot more neater. Especially since I've chucked my old 'hoods and started from scratch. I could probably organize it even better, if I ever find the time and patience to do so. Tongue

However, a minor issue with that is, if you have mods separated in folders, you kind of have to be wary of certain mods that have to load in proper order. I think mods load in alphabetical order, starting from A and ending with Z, so whatever gets loaded last is what takes "precedence" over any other hacks that mod the same BHAVs. I think peeps have also said that folders should load in alphabetical order as well.

And I guess I'm one of the rare people who didn't care much about Unleashed. I barely used it, and I'm not a builder at all. I hate building because I suck at it. Tongue I've never had an eye for design. I kind of have an idea of what I like, and although I like to think that I can be creative, I just have never been really talented in that aspect. My houses turn out to be all boxy and ugly looking. *sighs*

And the pets, although they were cute, felt just about as useless as children: i.e. money sucking wastes of space, only good for cleaning the house. Except that pets couldn't clean. Tongue I'd have to say that I liked Superstar the best, and then probably Hot Date. I didn't really get a chance to play Makin' Magic much. By the time my interest renewed, TS2 was on its way, and since then, I've pretty much abandoned TS1.

Truth be told, I didn't even really use the EPs all that much, except probably Superstar, just because I got bored with the jobs they had, it actually gave me a reason for my sims to leave the house. Other than that, I pretty much played my simself with the single-minded goal of makin the most simoleons and movin into the mansion.

I guess my biggest issue is that I never really felt like I was compelled to have my sims leave the house. In this respect, I do like Uni because it's a break from a regular household, and although there are tons of other sims to interact with, I don't necessarily have to be responsible for monitoring all their needs. And I like NL because now I have an actual reason to go Community Lots. Again, more of a reason to leave the house.

I guess Open for Business might be good in that it is sort of a way for us to "follow our sims to work" in a sense? Anyone else remember the trailer for something that was tentively titled Simville? I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine that. Roll Eyes It seemed like what TSOnline should have been. I know some people have said that it would be boring to follow sims to work. But I thought it might be interesting, depending on their job. I recall something about having a sim be a firefighter, and actually riding along with the firetruck, and having them put out fires. I thought it would be cool if your sims actually played those roles of the NPC sims, like the firefighter, the maid, the cop, the burglar, etc. Or it would have been great to have actual jobs like doctor or cook, where you actually went to a hospital to work, or a restaurant to... well... cook. I thought it would have been great to have mini-games like in Superstar, where instead of trying to decide how to do commercials or TV shows, you would have to choose the correct options in a surgery or maybe  make a "correct" satisfying meal choosing the proper ingredients.

I don't know if it would be possible to do this with OFB. But it would be a neat idea. I just also hope that there are more LTWs, and that there is more variety in the LTWs as well. So that sims might also actually have Wants to do things that you otherwise might not do (like going to Community Lots, taking certain jobs like those Uni Carrers Tongue, and whatever new things OFB may offer). One of my issues with the EPs for TS1 is that I never used or visited a lot of the objects and interactions and new settings. I want more of an incentive to actually use or interact with or visit these places rather than just pure boredom. Tongue

Ste

MokeyHokey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 December 06, 03:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one lot where the poor guy came home from work and the school bus was stuck in front of his driveway, and the game just hung at that point where the buy/build mode is disabled, and there wasn't a thing I could do.

You should still be able to get into debug and reset the bus.  It's happened to me several times when the car and the bus come at the same time.

I loved Unleashed for the spiral stairs and the other build stuff.  I DESPISED the pests--I mean pets. Wink  My sims never owned them after the first day of playing. They drove me crazy.  I've never understood why in every single topic about what one would like in an EP, that's all anyone really seems to want.  Lips sealed 

..Now I must go feed my dog, and the cats, and the gerbils...
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 December 06, 04:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mind letting us know what hack it was that caused the problem? That way the rest of us know to avoid it, or kill on site without prejudice. Tongue

It was one of those ones that looks like "02938743245 546j453847532," so I have no clue what the real name was. I'm guessing it snuck aboard a lot I downloaded and I just missed it with the clean installer. I was sick with a high fever last week, so I probably wasn't checking things as closesly as I usually do.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2005 December 06, 05:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted about Simsville before. Here.

I love the Sims in Space idea as well. If someone'd like to post about it on the Suggest an Idea forum on the Official BBS, I'll happily go along and say "me too".

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 December 06, 08:55:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys here's some more stuff I don't think has been posted yet

http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/news/archive.php?ID=2475

Lemonade stands...how cute!  The video made me say aww..how cruel though..yet funny at the same time.

They've already got me sold with the lemonade stand though lol.  Reminds me of me, my sister and cousins when we were little w/ our little lemonade stands. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 December 06, 10:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one lot where the poor guy came home from work and the school bus was stuck in front of his driveway, and the game just hung at that point where the buy/build mode is disabled, and there wasn't a thing I could do.

You should still be able to get into debug and reset the bus.  It's happened to me several times when the car and the bus come at the same time.

I always have trouble with debug, it usually turns my game into a bfbvfs!  Easier to turn power off and just bemoan the fact I hadn't saved for a couple of hours!

Zephyr Zodiac
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2005 December 06, 21:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted about Simsville before. Here.

I love the Sims in Space idea as well. If someone'd like to post about it on the Suggest an Idea forum on the Official BBS, I'll happily go along and say "me too".

Ahhh... so that's what happened. I didn't realize that was super old and before Hot Date came out. Or at least I forgot. Oh well. It was a cool idea, but a shame it died in production. Oh well. Probably for the best, as I didn't ever really play the SimCity games. It might have got me a bit interested, but I didn't care for the impersonal aspect of those games. I wanted to actually see people.

Sims in Space seems like a cute idea. But I'd first prefer to see some more realistic things, such as more careers, possibly animals/pets (I'd tolerate an Unleashed rehash if it added something where pets were a lot smarter and not just totally useless, money and energy draining wastes, pretty much like babies or toddlers, where you can't do much with them besides feed them until the grow up Tongue)

I would really prefer an update to Superstar because that's the one EP that I actually did play. I'd love to see/have those minigames back, where your sims could go record commercials, tv shows, or make demos or whatever. I'd also like to see more careers, and more realism, where you could actually have hospitals and zoos and what not. And maybe an entertainment EP, where sims could go see plays or operas, go to ballgames or sporting events, or amusement parks.

I wouldn't mind if they do updates of the older EPs, but they should add some new things as well, to keep it all fresh and interesting.

Ste

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 December 10, 01:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That lemonade stand video is a bit disturbing.  Undecided
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: 2005 December 10, 07:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now if they could do crafts or sculptures at home, like they do paintings, and sell that way, I'd probably buy it.  Still liked the workbench from TS1 for the gnomes or the one from MM for the gargoyles.  Good way to build mechanical.  And the chemistry set was fun!  Never knew what kind of potion to expect.

Ditto!  Things for sims to do at home so they don't have to go and work.  When I had all the EPs in sims1, I spent many happy hours with a single sim in a house doing lots of different things. makings gnomes or gargoyles,  growing crops, making jam, spinning thread, enchanting gnomes, making potions, harvesting mushrooms. training the occasional pet  etc.  I miss all of that.  If you play 1 sim, you spend a lot of time waiting for them to come home.  And they have to go to work or they are broke - no "you inherited 100" phone calls any more.  I think this is the first EP I will actually go and buy!  Uni and NL aren't for me.

couldn't find anything on the australian site - must be retarded, but thanks for the simszone link.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 December 10, 08:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem they have at Maxis, of course, is we all want different things!  I used to love how you could breed your pets with Unleashed, and earn money that way!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: