More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 12:40:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  problem with cas screen and SIMS FREETIME
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: problem with cas screen and SIMS FREETIME  (Read 18430 times)
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: problem with cas screen and sims
« Reply #25 on: 2008 April 13, 16:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have like 220 GB free...
And I just uninstalled FT and installed it manually.... it still not working right  Huh
I keep getting the "data number out of range error"
« Last Edit: 2008 April 13, 16:54:49 by stardust » Logged
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 April 13, 20:09:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In your previous error log, were you playing with a lot you'd made in the game, a lot you'd made previously and imported, or a downloaded lot? The 'cas accessory' listings, modular stairs and helicopter objects are puzzling as there are so many of them.
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 April 13, 22:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing a lot that came with the game... and I don't have any CC.....
If this is a bug,., then it's the biggest bug I have ever seen...
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 April 14, 00:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, you *aren't* talking about the "problem with cas screen", which is what you posted about in your first post?

The object error you uploaded is from the house in Strangetown, for the military family? Why does it have the axe-throwing game and basketball hoop on the lot? What are all those CAS accessories?

There's something you aren't telling us.

stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 April 14, 01:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, you *aren't* talking about the "problem with cas screen", which is what you posted about in your first post?

The object error you uploaded is from the house in Strangetown, for the military family? Why does it have the axe-throwing game and basketball hoop on the lot? What are all those CAS accessories?

There's something you aren't telling us.

As I posted befoire, that's the log i got when i tried to play a lot that came with the game... I had the basketball game.. the axe thing .. the massage table and something else just to check if the sims could interact with these items and they couldn't.

And if you refere to the C. clothes in the picture I posted, that's the picture i took the first time I opened the Cas screen to create a sim, I had all my CC there because the first time I installed the game it was working fine...  I have un installed and installed the entire game and freetime a few times and  i get the same errors.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: problem with cas screen and SIMS FREETIME
« Reply #30 on: 2008 April 14, 06:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We're referring to the objects on the lot in the error log you posted as an attachment; the lot where you had no cc, I believe. There are a lot of helicopter items on the lot there, also an excessive number of modular stairs. And loads of cas accessory items. We were just wondering what those items were. I'm not sure if a helicopter shows as multiple items when present on a lot, as it covers multiple squares- but it's not usual to have that many modular stairs? Or am I misreading this?
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 April 14, 07:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what that is.. because as I said I have no CC.
The helicopters can be explained.. it came to pick up the military sim to take him to work.... it would jump back and return to pick up the sim like a million times... as for the modular stairs and and cas accesories I have no idea  Huh 
I don't even have a downloads folder... so where can  all of this  custom items be hiding and if so where do they came from..?
I even deleted the entire The sims 2 folder in my documents, so that the game would generate a new one.... and it did....
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 April 14, 14:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you didn't, because the error log shows that you have items on that lot that, even if they are part of the game, are not specifically on that Strangetown lot. You said yourself you put the ax throwing game and several other objects on that lot to test them. If you deleted your Sims folder or moved it elsewhere, none of that stuff would be there.
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 April 14, 16:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what you mean.. but I'm telling you I did removed it.. I backed up my game and deleted the entire folder...
And I put the axe thing after re installing freetime, the lot or the game has no CC I just chose a random neighborhood and a random lot to see if  the game was working fine and it wasn't after that  it was after  that I chose again, random stuff to test if my sims could use them. and of course they couldn't..
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 April 14, 16:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what you mean.. but I'm telling you I did removed it.. I backed up my game and deleted the entire folder...
And I put the axe thing after re installing freetime, the lot or the game has no CC I just chose a random neighborhood and a random lot to see if  the game was working fine and it wasn't after that  i put the stuff there to test them

Right - The axe throwing game and basketball court are not CC anyway.  They are game features from BV and FT respectively.  They should not be causing problems.  I am more concerned about your lots.  Do you have any downloaded lots, saved sims, etc. (i.e. any lots that you built, anyone else built, any lots that are not default maxoid lots)?  If so, try getting rid of them and test again.  Additionally, check your config directory and see if there is any crap in there that should not be.

Tribulatio proxima est
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 April 14, 18:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ho can I check my config directory?

And I have no CC, no lots.. no downloaded sims...  there's no point because I can't play the game, I have the nerighborhoods exactly as Maxis made them.. I haven't altered anything
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 April 15, 00:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but have you downloaded them before is what is being asked. Do you ever used clean installer or have you only used the default sims2pack installer that came with the game?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 April 15, 08:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, I've downloaded lots and sims and I used clean installer ..
And How do i get rid of the lots... they are not in my game because I reistalled it all over again.. so there are no custom lots....
« Last Edit: 2008 April 15, 14:45:30 by stardust » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 April 15, 15:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, since you use clean installer, have you checked the teleport folder for files?
Lots install to the teleport folder as temp files, when you run your game they get sent to the lotcatalog folder. However, with clean installer it is possible to change the file type from temp to package, changing the files to package will let them sit in the teleport folder. So, some people do not even realize that they may have files there. Unless you uninstalled without backing up anything, in which case they are all gone.
Why are you asking how do you get rid of the lots, if you have none?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 April 15, 16:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

because I thought the could "hide" somewhere else....
But I checked my temp catalog and it's empty.... I'm running out of ideas....
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 April 15, 16:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were you running from a no-cd crack at all, say for BV?  Did you remove the no-cd crack when you installed/reinstalled FT, and are you now using a no-cd crack for FT?

If you are installing from disks, you may want to download a no-cd crack (do not patch FT and use the no-cd crack for the unpatched FT game - get it from Gamecopyworld).  Back up your current Sims2EP7.exe file and replace it with the no-cd crack (it will have the same name).  This may help if your disks are the problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 April 15, 16:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, I already tried that....  It didn't work... When I load a lot it looks exactly the same as when i installed the game with my disk.... the sims have no wants or fears and keep jumping back.... I'm starting to think it's a bug or something. I wrote to EA and they subjested reinstalling the entire game and getting rid of some files manually.. using run/regedit. I did exactly what they said, removed the files, and installed the game but that didn't help either... now they asked me to run the game in windows mode... like that's gonna help... . I just tried that and .. no changes....  Huh
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 April 16, 07:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's pretty much their standard "cut and paste" reply to every problem.  Yours must be one of the few cases where it's actually good!  You start talking to a human eventually if you keep the e-mail exchange going.  So persevere with them.

So are you saying this behaviour persists after you have:
- cleaned up the PC, defragged etc etc,
- checked the HD space in the partition where the sims game files are going,
- re-checked your specs against requirements,
- completely re-installed and
- started up a completely vanilla game? 
By vanilla I mean letting the game generate the sims 2 folder without you putting anything in there at all.

Did you post your PC specs earlier?  If not, you might as well add that info to the pile......

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 April 16, 08:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, I did all that...  These are my computer's specs

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/14/2008, 10:18:15
       Machine name: xxx-LAPTOP
   Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_gdr.071009-1548)
           Language: Norwegian (Bokmål) (Regional Setting: Norwegian (Bokmål))
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
       System Model: XPS M1530                       
               BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7700  @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
             Memory: 3582MB RAM
          Page File: 1099MB used, 6234MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT   
     Manufacturer: NVIDIA
        Chip type: GeForce 8600M GT
         DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_022E1028&REV_A1
   Display Memory: 1776 MB
 Dedicated Memory: 241 MB
    Shared Memory: 1535 MB
     Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
          Monitor: Generisk PnP-skjerm
      Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
   Driver Version: 7.15.0011.5663 (English)
      DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
 Driver Date/Size: 9/28/2007 08:24:04, 4943872 bytes
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 April 16, 16:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And just to check- if you now uninstall FreeTime, the game works normally?
stardust
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 April 19, 07:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, as as soon as i remove freetime i have no problems with the game... I think I'm gonna have to restore/reinstall vista...  Shocked

EDIT:
I reinstalled vista and  FT is working fine now... but I never find out what was wrong....
« Last Edit: 2008 April 21, 13:51:11 by stardust » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: