More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 08:59:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Entering lot, sims all standing up straight not doing anything
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Entering lot, sims all standing up straight not doing anything  (Read 5056 times)
VirtualAlex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Entering lot, sims all standing up straight not doing anything
« on: 2007 February 04, 02:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have noticed since pets, that when i enter a lot for the first time, all the occupants of the house are standing up straight, not doing anything, not doing what they were doing when i last saved. if they should have been in bed, the bed looks like it has someone in it, but the sim is standing next to it. it's really annoying, has anyone else had this and what is causing it? tx.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: Entering lot, sims all standing up straight not doing anything
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 04, 02:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It always happens after you install a new EP. All the Sims on a lot are reset, and it can't be helped.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 04, 10:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It always happens after you install a new EP. All the Sims on a lot are reset, and it can't be helped.

But it can be fixed -- have JMP's macrotastics installed and a Lot Debugger on the lot, and you'll see an 'after patch fix' option that sets things (mostly) right.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 04, 11:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also happens after installing some hacks, i think the main ones that do it are the pregnancy ones.  Only happens the first time after you install the hack though.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 04, 20:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

99% of the time I save my sims' lots at 0600, so even if something resets them, they are at least with full motives at the start of the day.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 05, 01:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

99% of the time I save my sims' lots at 0600, so even if something resets them, they are at least with full motives at the start of the day.

That's exactly what I do - it's just like they've had a full night's sleep and need a pee.  It also usually 6.00am on a Monday for me since I have a strict rotation system.  After that, the bed resets as soon as you tell them to do something with it (relax/sleep).

Inteen for AL, yay!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 05, 01:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maxon: I use the same rotation scheme: save every monday 06:00h. I even make sure that all households are on the same day (so day 28 is a monday everywhere for example).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 05, 01:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a somewhat more haphazard scheme due to the fact that critical sequence points do not always occur at week intervals, and sometimes you have to stop for an event that has to be synchronized to occur in Wednesday or else things are out of order. The lot clock is shiny like that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 05, 02:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game resets when I move one/some MATY hacks in and out - dk which one(s).  I move all my hacks out if I want to put a lot on the exchange so board friends can check something out and it's annoying.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 05, 02:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some hacks due to BHAV versioning will trigger resets when installed or removed, but only when you visit the lot after doing so. If you remove a hack, package a lot "clean", and then quit and put it back, the game will be unaffected and not reset the lot. A reset can also be averted if you enter a lot, see the reset, quit without saving, and put the missing hack back before reentering, thus averting the reset.

However, removing a hack that includes any custom inventory token, such as ACR or the Lot Sync Timer, and then even loading the game that way, will result in the irreversible loss of all tokens of that type even if no lots are opened, regardless of if you put if you put it back.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 05, 02:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maxon: I use the same rotation scheme: save every monday 06:00h. I even make sure that all households are on the same day (so day 28 is a monday everywhere for example).

Indeed - the anal of the world should unite!  Grin

Inteen for AL, yay!
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 05, 05:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, as I understand it, you are free to remove all your hacks, including Lot Sync and ACR, for purposes of folder organization or whatever as long as you do not load the game until after you have put them back. Is that correct?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 05, 06:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After patches I used to have my sims reset, but this time it didn't happen. Everybody is doing exactly what they were doing when they were saved Smiley
VirtualAlex
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 05, 21:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for all your input. i do have the lot debugger although i am a bit scared to use it. i will give it a go, however. ta.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: