More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 03:58:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No make out -not before not after not now frigid sims [Solved]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No make out -not before not after not now frigid sims [Solved]  (Read 4135 times)
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
No make out -not before not after not now frigid sims [Solved]
« on: 2008 December 16, 21:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have the directors cut so I guess this is related to noinstantlove.
Female Kaching lover went on some dates with the broke crybaby criminal man.
They get to all the romantic actions, he's madly in love with her, but no matter - she won't make out kiss.
She refuses, he proposes, they marry, they woohoo, she pushes him away when he tries to make out.
On her option menu it says only "family kiss" where makeout is gone. But they are both cas made sims that had no relations.
She has only one bolt, he has three. He's madly in love. She doesn't even have a crush. Yet she is pregnant now.
Is this normal? I know it said no instant love, but will she love him one day?
« Last Edit: 2008 December 17, 15:33:28 by nanacake » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: No make out -not before not after not now
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 16, 21:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the RTFM:
Sims should no longer automatically and instantly fall in love at the first flirt. Chance of being hit with hearts now depends on attraction level and is influenced by aspiration and personality.

Since your sim has only 1 bolt attraction, it could take a while.  The sims' aspirations and personalities may also not be particularly compatible.

If you see this as a problem, you could remove noinstantloves and test whether your sim falls in love.  Once that is done, reinstall the hack.  If that is too "cheaty" for you, you may just have to get her to work really hard on the romancing.

Tribulatio proxima est
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 16, 21:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I do not want to take it out because I do like this element of making the romance tough (also I am laughing a lot at her pushing him around)
I was more concern why it says family kiss because they are married. Ah it makes so much more sense the personality would affect it, I thought maybe it was because he is so stupid and poor that she hates him, she is an actress. I will look at the personality then maybe get them to talk about something she likes. Or hope he gets a bonus at work.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 16, 22:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unlike Woohoo, Sims must have "Crush" flag on to accept Make Out. There are a couple of romantic interactions that require Crush flag.

It's possible that they will remain that way until they die. I have several couples in such a frigid relationship. Sometimes love potion helps, but not always. I let them woohoo solely for procreation, and let them cheat to their hearts' content. It's like a marriage of convenience in Sim world.

nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 16, 23:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I will try the love potion - thank you for the explanation it makes more sense now to me. It is funny Cheesy. They could woohoo without her loving him but I can not remember if it was like that before.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 17, 11:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try deleting the attraction markers - sometimes they screw things up.  The lotdebugger has the delete attraction markers on the memory pie menu.

Search on frigid sims will find other reports about this problem.  I've had them too.

EDIT - frigid sims usually won't fall in love - the last one I had would make out, but not fall in love....
« Last Edit: 2008 December 17, 15:02:12 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Maygus
Asinine Airhead

INTP: the world exists to be observed

View Profile
Re: No make out -not before not after not now frigid sims [Solved]
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 17, 18:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar couple in my game and I concluded that the problem was a personality mismatch.  She's an Aries and he's a Gemini so she's attracted to his personality whereas he's repelled by hers.  She fell in love but he did not, even so, he was willing to woohoo and get engaged (but not make out).  I broke them up before they got married and they each found mutual love with other partners.

In this case, the sim who appeared to be frigid fell madly in love with a friend he brought home from work.

Game config: Mac version, first 6 EPs (Uni thru BV), Aspyr combo patch, no SPs
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: No make out -not before not after not now frigid sims [Solved]
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 18, 11:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love potioning both sides pretty much assures that they will love sooner or later. That love potion may as well be useful for SOMETHING! Otherwise with auto-instant-love, it has absolutely no use at all!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: