More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 11:24:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Where oh where have my custom bodyshop parts gone?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where oh where have my custom bodyshop parts gone?  (Read 6144 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Where oh where have my custom bodyshop parts gone?
« on: 2006 May 18, 22:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh where oh where can they be?

So, I lost my whole d/l folder, I think everyone has had a chance to point and laugh.  I redownloaded my favorite custom eyes, skins, hair and clothes today.  They were nested nicely in subfolders.  I put my saved sims folder back into the sims 2 folder and opened bodyshop.  There were all my favorite sims, sans their custom content.  Only the maxis eyes, hair, makeup, skins and clothes were available.

All other cc downloads are working (i.e. build mode stuff and buy mode stuff).  I tried moving one set of eyes straight into the d/l folder to see if subfolders was the issue, but it wasn't.  I tried taking the saved sims folder out, still nada.  I can't access any custom bodyshop items at all.

I have FFS (patched).  Any ideas?  It's a clean game, with no play time or saves, so I'm considering uninstalling that stupid family fun

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Where oh where have my custom bodyshop parts gone?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 18, 22:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have heard of this several times lately, and each time, deleting the Sims 2 folder (save your Downloads to desktop first of course) and letting the game regen a new one, then reinstalling your downloads folder worked.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 18, 23:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Blue said.  Smiley I had to delete the entire game folder before mine would show up. Undecided

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 19, 00:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MsMaria, which game folder did you have to delete?  I have tried re-installing from the ground up, deleting sims 2 folder and letting game regen, etc.  NOTHING!  Nothing shows up except hacks and objects.

C

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 20, 13:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try putting the CAS items into the Saved Sims folder instead- no subfolders, except for meshes.
kaarinah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 20, 18:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere sometime that the downloads folder had to have a capital D to work (after an expansion, probably OFB). I don't know if it is true or if you already have a capital D there...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 20, 18:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you have to reinstall the game?  If so, did you enable custom content?  Also, I have heard that about the downloads folder needing to be a capital D, but that wasn't just with OFB.  I think that goes way back.

How did you happen to lose your downloads?  I wasn't privy to this information, and no, I'm not the type to point and laugh. Smiley
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 21, 04:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MsMaria, which game folder did you have to delete?  I have tried re-installing from the ground up, deleting sims 2 folder and letting game regen, etc.  NOTHING!  Nothing shows up except hacks and objects.

C

I went to My Documents/EA  and drug the entire EA folder to my desktop. Restarted the game so it could generate an entirely new folder and added my CC back in after creating a new Download folder. I was having no luck putting hair, clothing, etc. in the SS folder as I had in the past. Everything is now in my new Downloads folder pretty much in subfolders labled Hair, Nursery, Kitchen, etc.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 21, 11:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you have to reinstall the game?  If so, did you enable custom content?  Also, I have heard that about the downloads folder needing to be a capital D, but that wasn't just with OFB.  I think that goes way back.

How did you happen to lose your downloads?  I wasn't privy to this information, and no, I'm not the type to point and laugh. Smiley

Thanks Rainbow and Kaarinah.  This was the problem.  I had it with a small "d".  I couldn't remember when I remade the folder if the d had to be uppercase or not.

As for how I lost everything, I had installed FFS.  When I entered it, all the sims were frozen and 60% of them had no wants at all.  I couldn't make them do anything, they were statues.  So, I uninstalled.  I had copied my EA Games folder out before I did this, thinking I had copied it.  I then *moved* it back in, installed again and was still having the same problem.  So I uninstalled again.  But this time, I had moved instead of copied the folder and when FFS was uninstalled, it took the entire EA Games folder with it.  A system restore returned all the folders, but they were completely devoid of content.

Sigh.

C

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 21, 12:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds very dumb and Cwieberdinkly. Didn't you try turning on debug mode to find out WHY your sims were frozen? Usually that's an object in a looping error.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 21, 17:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds very dumb and Cwieberdinkly. Didn't you try turning on debug mode to find out WHY your sims were frozen? Usually that's an object in a looping error.

Well, El Presidente, I play with debug mode on as my standardard mode of play.  It's in my user startup cheats file.  And I didn't receive any errors at all.

I actually think it's related to the noretiredjobspam hack, which caused wants to disappear in sims with more than 4 want slots in OFB.  I took that one hack out and everything was happy again.

C

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 21, 18:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not using the wrong edition of that, are you? The Fatheaded One reports no issues with it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 21, 19:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the director's cut.  So whatever edition is in there, that's the one I use.

C

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 21, 23:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to hear that, cwieberdink.  I really don't like FFS, after everything I've heard about it.  Like someone else said, why should a shopping pack that is basically just content, no new interactions or anything, install like an EP and mess with core game files?  That's why I'm staying far, far away from this one.  Sad
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 22, 02:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't even like what I saw - I think it was designed by a 6 year-old, and I think there are enough stupid costumes in the menu whenever I go into CAS or buy clothes as it is!  Why can't the stupid OFB hats and helmets go to the end with the other hats?

And cwieberdink, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your folders.  I hope this time you back up everything, or at least just save all the zip files somewhere.

Also, a tip - it's much quicker to rename your Sims2 folder to something else than to dump it all on the desktop.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: