More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 10:33:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I do believe I lost the Legacy Challenge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I do believe I lost the Legacy Challenge  (Read 5304 times)
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
I do believe I lost the Legacy Challenge
« on: 2007 January 06, 00:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm on generation six, but for some reason the tombstone of my founding mother has disappeared.  Her character file is gone.  There are no traces that she even existed, such as the family tree not having her picture or the fact that her robot only has a hidden memory that she had gotten married.

If this is what happens when a tombstone is, say, accidentally deleted...hoo boy.  Don't know how that happened. 

Would the first Sim that I made for a blank neighborhood have a character file of 000 or 001?  I have two robots that seem to have replaced a 000 and a 017.

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: I do believe I lost the Legacy Challenge
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 06, 00:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you have nounlinkondelete installed? And can you find the missing sim anywhere in SimPE?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 06, 03:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe I have that mod installed, and I cannot find her anywhere in SimPE.  Funny thing is, I don't remember ever actually clicking on her tombstone and deleting it; I know for fact that if that mod is installed and she had been deleted accidentally, she obviously would not be found... Huh

So there's no hope in retrieving this Sim is there? 
« Last Edit: 2007 January 06, 03:18:26 by Chee-Z » Logged

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 06, 07:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not to long ago someone posted here about a sim going missing, as in no longer existing anywhere/no memories or anything. I know some else had the same problem (only I could never find the damn thread about it afterwards). Seems to me the only difference is your sim was actually dead when it "went missing"

IMO, it's a game bug.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 06, 11:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have any memories of the missing sim? What do those memories now say?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 06, 21:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I'm on generation 6, no one alive would have memories of Kiara, the dead missing old lady.

HOWEVER, I tried looking for memories of her in the robot she built, Bender, and the only slight trace of her existence is that of an invisible memory that she married BJ Cormier, a downtownie.  But there are no other memories, like "Met Kiara" or "Kiara passed away," which is odd, because he would have been there and was built by her.

I could dig through memories of townies and downtownies that may have interacted with her, but that's gonna be a pain in the butt. 

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 07, 05:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would her dead spawn still remember her? Why don't you check there first?
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 08, 00:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I checked her dead husband and her dead son, and both have memories of an "Unknown."

"Got Married to Unknown."  "Learned to walk from Unknown."

So yeah this is odd.   Huh  Gives my Sim story an odd twist but it's disconcerting that a dead Sim can disappear like this.   Sad

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 08, 14:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not to long ago someone posted here about a sim going missing, as in no longer existing anywhere/no memories or anything. I

I had that issue with a Sim.  Vanished from the game; no memories, gone from SimPE, etc.  Poofed into cyberspace. Only fix I had was to restore a backup.  So far the glitch hasn't replicated itself.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 09, 04:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bugs do not lose you the Legacy Challenge.  Chalk it up to a bug and move on.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 09, 04:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True.  Also, the old lady took the husband's name, so in a way it's HIS offspring, and he still exists...though he's dead...

Oh well.   Grin  Odd bug, though, taking people's Sims like that.  Wonder what causes it?  Just wanted to know if there was a way to restore her but I haven't been backing up my game as often as I should...ouchies.   Lips sealed

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 09, 09:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I checked her dead husband and her dead son, and both have memories of an "Unknown."

"Got Married to Unknown."  "Learned to walk from Unknown."

So yeah this is odd.   Huh  Gives my Sim story an odd twist but it's disconcerting that a dead Sim can disappear like this.   Sad

I'm thinking you might be able to get the GUID from those memories and restore her somehow...  Prolly more trouble than it's worth tho.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 11, 22:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tombstones can disappear if ghosts are out during a reset.  Maybe that's how she got deleted.  There's a post here somewhere, might have been from ancient sim, about losing tombstones in a reset.  It happened to a board friend too, when she installed an EP, she lost half Olive spectre's graveyard.  I lost a tombstone recently for no apparent reason - don't think there was a reset, but the ghost was probably out being a nuisance along with the robots when I saved.  Helpful glitch in my case!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: