More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 21:12:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  ¿WHY the faces changed?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ¿WHY the faces changed?  (Read 3433 times)
aurorakimmykitty
Asinine Airhead

Huge computer Dork

View Profile
¿WHY the faces changed?
« on: 2008 April 09, 13:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, everyone... if anyone could help me, I'd apreciate it.

I recently installed Pets and Bon Voyage, but I had to uninstall Bon Voyage because it was slowing down my game. Then I put the security copy I made for the documents of EA games. I tried to make a family of four and a dog. Everything was ok. I finished and then when I put them in a lot and entered, their faces were different. Huh I deleted the family and make it one more time without a pet and turned down ok. I made the dog in a separate family and combined them. Nothing bad happened.

But when I tried to make a family of two with a pet, happened the same thing with the faces.

Is any solution to my problem? Or God is insinuating that I should adopt a dog? Wink

Someone please help me!!

Thank you. Smiley
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: ¿WHY the faces changed?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 09, 14:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you patch Pets.  According to MTS2 this bug was fixed in patch

http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sim_Faces_Change

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
aurorakimmykitty
Asinine Airhead

Huge computer Dork

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 20, 08:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But when I tried to put a patch (not on pets, on the base game) It crashed my game and it was Awful.... Are you sure I should do that?Huh
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 20, 19:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're supposed to patch Petz itself, not the base game.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 21, 08:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But when I tried to put a patch (not on pets, on the base game) It crashed my game and it was Awful.... Are you sure I should do that?Huh
It's been a very long time since I patched base game, so I won't hazard a guess why that patch crashed your game, but that patch had a lot of important fixes in it.  Unpatched base game has a few very nasty problems - main thing to know is that all the base game lots in your lotbin are unsafe.  You need to go into each one in build mode and edit something before you move any sims in.  Search MATY ro google for "the bomb that killed happy valley".  Here's one...
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,303.msg8952.html#msg8952
The Pets patch obviously won't work on base game, but if you've just added Pets, yes you should add the Pets patch. 

To protect your game, make a back up of your game before you install anything like a patch or EP.  Simplest is to back up the whole Sims2 folder, but you can just do key bits like 'hoods and downloads if you want.  That way, if anything goes wrong, you can get back to where you were.  If you are really worried, take your entire Sims2 folder out of My Documents, start up the game and check that everything is OK in one of the newly generated template 'hoods.  Re-enable CC in the game options, then quit. Next, put your own stuff back.  Don't overwrite the folders - delete and replace or you'll mix up two versions of Pleasant view and have a real mess on your hands. 

I'm not good at step by step instructions.  Check out the how to's on MTS2 ...
patches http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Patching_Your_Game
backing up http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Back_Ups

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: