More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 03:01:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I don't think this is supposed to happen?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I don't think this is supposed to happen?  (Read 4017 times)
FlareStorm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
I don't think this is supposed to happen?
« on: 2007 August 27, 08:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use SaraMK's empty templates and a whole bunch of Awesome Hacks. I am very anal about my main neighborhood and keeping it "clean." I've RTFMs

Everything has always gone well, but this surprised me because I didn't think it was possible.  "Andy" is my wolf dog in the neighborhood, meh, always ignored him. Then all of a sudden Andy brings over a wolf friend?

It's no big deal (I hope) but I found it odd. I've been sitting at _00176.package in the character folder forever and all of a sudden this thing gets generated at 00177. I have every no regen hack from here, wouldn't play without them.

It was a slightly "complicated" session. The lot had a newly pregnant  woman so I "spun the bottle" (or whatever you call it to avoid the firstborn effect) using macroastics. She had the baby, which is 00178.

Just wondering where this redundant vampire dog came from. That's not even possible in the unmodded game is it?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: I don't think this is supposed to happen?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 27, 09:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure it is.
If your "wolf friend" was already on the lot at the moment the game decided to spawn a wolf, this is normal.

Antiredundancy limits the number of duplicate NPCs, but it does not and cannot fully eliminate it. If for whatever reason you need a second, or third (or more) iteration of a certain NPC, it will be spawned.
FlareStorm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 27, 21:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah I didn't know it worked that way. Thanks

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 29, 22:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, in my present game I have one maid, and the game has never even tried to generate another, the same with all the NPCs, I think, except for the drivers, there's still too many of them!

Zephyr Zodiac
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 29, 23:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wolves are weird like that. sometimes i would get three or four at a time.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 31, 00:06:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. I had one of my sims summon wolves, and four of them showed up. *facepalm*

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 31, 05:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, in my present game I have one maid, and the game has never even tried to generate another,

You wouldn't see it happen with a maid unless you were friends with one and she or he stayed to hang out until the next day when they were supposed to be showing up for work. If they're a guest at your house during that time period, the game has to send a different maid. If you only have one maid, it will create another.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 31, 09:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yes, I knew that, I think, just that having only one maid isn't all bad, just totally unrealistic!  I could also fire the maid and as he is leaving phone up and hire another, so there are a couple of ways around the problem - but unless I put the face templates I've used in another game into this one, the next maid will probably be even fuglier!  And I didn't want to use them in this game ......but I could put them in, create a couple more maids and gardeners (NOT NANNIES!), make friends with a delivery person so they are at the house when I phone for more groceries or a pizza etc. and gradually generate some more NPCs, as and when I want them.  PHew!  total control......

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: