More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 03:51:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ummm...are these the best she can do?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ummm...are these the best she can do?  (Read 29912 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Ummm...are these the best she can do?
« Reply #75 on: 2006 May 29, 20:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't you post all that in your other thread, though, Blue?

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 May 29, 20:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, that's why I didn't go into details.
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 May 30, 17:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dac isn't really enough though, you also have to remember to wipe the DNA and SWAFs before starting a new hood.

How precisely does one do that? I'm assuming this is a SimPe process, but I've never bothered with SimPe because the idea of installing the .net framework makes me very unhappy.

I'm one of those people that ALWAYS uses DAC and imagine my alarm when I read three separate threads in one day about the dangers of DAC and SWAFS.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 May 30, 17:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a case of "first find your SWAF" but what comes next I'd also appreciate some clarity about.

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 May 30, 18:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Step-by-step:
1) Create a new neighbourhood
2) Once it's loaded, do the delete all characters cheat
3) Exit TS2 and open the neighbourhood in SimPE
4) Delete all remaining sim descriptions (SDSCs) — the default NPCs will be recreated anyway
5) Delete all Sim DNA entries (SDNA)
6) Delete all Sim Wants and Fears (SWAF)

Optionally, also clean out all Sim Relations (should be empty) and Neighbourhood/Memory (NGBH). Do not touch anything else!

Safe and exit SimPE, and restart TS2. Now your neighbourhood is clean and safe to play.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 May 30, 18:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jordi, but what do I do if Marsha Bruenig left something behind after I manually took her out of my game?

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 May 30, 21:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, in that case you'll need to somehow find her SWAF files. The extra SDNA won't be much of a problem so forget about it.
If you've already deleted her character file (SDSC) finding the right SWAF will be hell to do… check each and everyone and delete the ones for ‘unknown’. Any valid SWAF will report a Sim name, Marsha Bruenig's will not find one and say ‘unknown’.
You should have at least one extra unknown in NL (remote control car) and two unknowns in OFB/FFS (rc car and the robots), deleting them is safe though since their wants are not used anyway.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 May 30, 21:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm hoping she didn't leave anything, but I shan't know till I go back into SimPE.  (I hadn't loaded a Downtown, and had a surplus of about 100 or so SWAFs, but I think they were nearly all blank and had no LTW in the frame.  I think they are all the new NPCs and Downtownies and ghosts for Nightlife - at least, fingers crossed!)

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2006 May 30, 21:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SWAFs can't be deleted in normal ways. DAC leaves them behind, as does deleting the character directly. So it's a good bet it is still around and waiting to do damage (which will begin the moment a new Sim gets Masha's old ID).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 May 30, 21:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how the hell do I fix that?  I probably have about half a dozen sims with the problem (however many townie kids there are in Pleasantview, as I got rid of them all!)

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 May 30, 22:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Manually delete all SWAFs for ‘unknown’.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 May 30, 22:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that will take them from the new character's file? Great!  That should solve the problem, but can I do that from within SimPE?  Or do I have to open up the character file?

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 May 31, 03:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I added a downtown, and gained even more SWAFs, so that wasn't the problem.  So, I have about 100 SWAFs that don't belong to anything, I found (I think and hope) five of the townie kids' SWAF that were in the right place in the list in amongst all the other original townies, but none of them were listed as Unknown.  All were simply nameless.  I have a few other nameless SWAFS, but somehow finding 100 which don't belong to anyone seems a daunting task, and since also some of the Wants of my existing sims are not appearing correctly (ie missing date such as icons), and also a lot of townie and dormie wants  are showing incorrectly, I'm beginning to wonder if the real problem is the new version of SimPE which decided to go and update itself.  I think I might uninstall it and go back to the previous one and see if the problem persists - I backed up before I started all this, but of course, it was this version of SimPE that made the backups!  I honestly can't see how half-a-dozen townie kids could have turned into about 100!

Unless it's all the munchiebots sitting in my sims' inventories?

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 May 31, 06:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, Mitch Wolosenko...

Seriously, Maxis needs a new name database!  Mitch is not that common a name - there is no reason to have more than one!  I have 396 character files in this neighbourhood, is it too much to ask to have only one Mitch???

At the moment I have 4 Alon - even worse than Mitch Angry but thankfully only 2 Brandi wandering around - in a previous incarnation of Pleasantview I had 5 of them.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 May 31, 07:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 8 Marylenas. This is rather overmuch, considering I've never heard of even one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 May 31, 11:37:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that's why I made my name mod… I have some dupes but far less than with the default and obscure mix. I have no Goopy Jitsumakolwhatevers at least.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2006 May 31, 13:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Manually delete all SWAFs for ‘unknown'.

Jordi, I have done a complete reinstall of SimPE and gone back to 0.56, and everything is identical.  the interesting thing is I started out after adding the downtown with 602 SWAFs, and there are still 602 SWAFs listed, even though I removed 5 of them.   I also have an enormous number of almost totally blank files in the SWAFs, with no name, not even Unknown.  I have one or two sims who have 8 wants shown, and deleting the 5 I did has made no difference at all to any of my sims.  I think something else is going on here!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2006 May 31, 13:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting the SWAFs of the unknown has no effect, other than to prevent it from happening to other sims. In order to clear up errors on existing sims, you have to delete the SWAFs corresponding to them, Otherwise, they continue to use the corrupted SWAF they inherited.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 May 31, 14:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I delete their SWAFs, and then they generate new ones when I play them again?  That sounds a whole lot easier (if I've understood you correctly) than trying to hunt down the original SWAFs.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 May 31, 14:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Although they lose their extra want slots and locks, and who knows what else might be important in there? If you CAN restore them from non-damaged SWAFs, this is best, but failing that, I've had to delete a few corrupted SWAFs before....they SEEMED to be OK, but there's no guarantee it will work perfectly.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 May 31, 14:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when you start with something imperfect, the best you can hope for is to make it less imperfect than it was!

I still wonder what all these blank files are, though, it's very odd!  The only thing that did occur to me was to wonder if, when you upgrade a pre-uni sim, if the old SWAFs are wiped and a new set made, creating two files, an old, blank one and a new one.  If so, the number of blanks I have would probably roughly correspond with the number of sims I've upgraded.!

Well, it's a good thing I have a back up, because Sigrid Schilling now has only one want, and it isn't one she's likely to fulfil in the future! All the others were locked, unfortunately.  Still, I have a backup, which I'll have to use, and I can make sure all the want slots are unlocked before I try any more manipulations in SimPE!
« Last Edit: 2006 May 31, 15:35:51 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 May 31, 20:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've finally managed to get Sigrid back to her original 6 wants in game, and I'll have to check what's happening in SimPE.  At least if it's worked, I can go ahead with the other sims with similar problems!  But it's going to take ages, as I feel that it's a lot safer to deal with them one at a time!

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 June 04, 11:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mitch Indie is...

Rather off topic but curious minds wish to know - which uni does Mitch Indie pop up in?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 June 04, 11:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

La Tour, I think.

Zephyr Zodiac
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 June 04, 17:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and I think he's in the student housing titled "Friends".  His buddy Max is cool too. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: