More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 20:52:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two juice annoyances...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two juice annoyances...  (Read 5546 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Two juice annoyances...
« on: 2007 August 26, 19:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just my game or do sims drinking orangeade routinely get badge points for things they already have gold badges for?   I was hoping for a few cash register points for my master gardeners and master fishersims, but they kept getting gardening and fishing points time after time. Angry   If it's a eaxis "as intended", any chance of a fix?

The other annoying thing was that sims kept cleaning up the unfinished tray of juice instead of leaving it to drink later!  That's a huge annoyance given the effort involved in growing the produce.  I think that was macrotastics.....
« Last Edit: 2007 August 26, 19:46:25 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Two juice annoyances...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 26, 19:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean orangeade?

If so, I believe you need at least a bronze badge in some discipline before the juice will boost that skill any higher.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 26, 19:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yup orangeade - i was just editing the post for general stupidity as you were posting  Embarrassed

Hmm - needing a bronze badge would explain it, though I could have sworn a sim who'd never been near a cash register got a bronze from drinking juice last week.  If an unskilled sim can pick up skill points from Eggplant juice, why not badge points?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 26, 20:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the points are awarded completely randomly where there's room.
I've had a sim go from no badges to all gold by only drinking juice.  They certainly don't get points in the badges that are already maxed.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 26, 21:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After review, it appears there was a problem with orangeade in the vanilla release, where only bronze or higher skills were eligible for badging.  This has been fixed in the Seasons patch.

Quote from: EA
Drinking Orangeade will now add random badge points correctly.

This begs the question, is your game patched?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 27, 12:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well that's another Duh moment  Embarrassed  I thought my game was patched, but the patch just installed itself quite happily instead of giving that "your game is up to date" message so I guess it wasn't.  I know I added the patch before I started playing Seasons, but I re-installed to try and fix a problem with 2 hoods that wouldn't load any more and I guess I forgot to re-install the patch after the re-install.  Thank you!

The other annoyance about sims cleaning up the eggplant juice tray hasn't been fixed somewhere has it?

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 27, 13:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other annoyance about sims cleaning up the eggplant juice tray hasn't been fixed somewhere has it?

I have never experienced issues with this (running the DC), but I also don't use eggplant juice all that much.  If it's a feature of macrotastics, Pescado might be willing to tweak things (assuming he is having the same annoyance). 
WORF
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 27, 22:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are some juice tray fixes from Mike 1102 at MTS2. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=226764 One of them prevents the juice tray from being cleaned up.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 28, 12:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i often wish that juice trays could be stored in the fridge as leftovers. so that link will come in handy, putting them in inventory is almost as good.

More F than you
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 29, 17:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray for non-awesome hacks!

What happens if sims have a drink after the juice becomes spoiled? Are there negative juice effects, or only the possibility of food poisoning?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 29, 18:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can juice go spoiled?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 30, 10:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

according to that MTS2 link - yes, juice spoils after 24hrs. 

Are those hacks messing with program files or likely to conflict with anything awesome? 
I'd like to be able to store juice in the fridge and stop sims cleaning up unused, unspoiled juice trays.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 30, 14:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen them do that!  The inventory seems like a good idea, and it won't spoil while it's there.  Useful too for teens to store a few of them away to take to college.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 31, 12:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't always "seen" them do it.  I just pan back to the kitchen from wherever I was looking to find the tray isn't there any more and a sim is looking smug about cleaning up!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 31, 12:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I suppose it's quite often the one that throws a tantrum at the idea of making their own bed?  Seems like we need a mod for yet another EAxis screw-up (or "feature")!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: