More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:34:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Flaming Toilet
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flaming Toilet  (Read 22235 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Flaming Toilet
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 17, 16:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No doubt they'd be happy, but would she feel she'd betrayed her art?

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 17, 18:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.  If you take and make the room that bed is in a bit smaller it looks almost like my sister's old room!  That's not art--that's slobbishness!

I got a huge chuckle when I saw that toilet for the first time.  Of course it made me think of this site.

I know someone asked if a Maxoid might've been making fun of RL art and while I wouldn't be surprised at that, I think it could be just one of those quirky things in a Sim world.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 17, 19:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No doubt they'd be happy, but would she feel she'd betrayed her art?

I know she wouldn't be happy! General consensus is that she should stick to her guns and say that no, really, she did that piece because the idea is funny, or whatever the real reason is. I think she probably will unless she's trying to screw with people's heads - she's taken to saying that cute is the new edgy.  Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 17, 19:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, a lot of people like cute - who's to say they're wrong?

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 18, 13:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, you think that's bad? When my sister was in art college we went to look at the senior projects and I nearly tripped on this 2x4 piece of wood on the floor. I started complaining that they would just leave something like that out in the middle of the floor and went to pick it up when my sister told me it was someone's senior project.  Roll Eyes

I took a chance and went to a photographic exhibition at the local Modern Art Gallery(Ikon) in B'ham; went with a friend as we both enjoy that kind of stuff and certainly the publicity merited it. Huge piece of work showing the raddled corpse of a HIV sufferer who had died a few hours previously. We discussed it, as you would, it being somewhat contentious and showing similar style to Klimt, then decided that we would take in the rest of the exhibition. Except that was it.  Huh Eh?

A further look round the gallery revealed another exhibition...joy! A pile of dirt, with some brooms and a couple of shovels. Who says modern art is pretentious?

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 18, 15:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who in their right minds even says some of it is Art?

Zephyr Zodiac
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 19, 10:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed. I would have welcomed seeing some of the photographer's other work as the piece displayed conjoured up some really deep feelings, as I believe Art should. The pile of dirt only managed to conjour my mate and I leaning against a wall having a belly laugh. Which did no good for the artist as he was there talking at a podium to a small, but keen, audience. Some people you just can't take anywhere...  Grin

Meh...
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 19, 11:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people you just can't take anywhere...  Grin

Not twice anyway

I think we had some art here that won a prize - a dirty sheet if I recall. Not even a whole bed.  Roll Eyes

Just remembered, the chap in the copy centre, well his wife paints. Sort of like Picasso style, only everything is in the right place. I thought they were quite nice, colourful, maybe I'd get one, couldn't be more than $50 or so...

Nearly had heart failure - $450 she wanted for a painting maybe 2 feet high by 1.5 feet wide. I found one about 6 inches square, streaks of blue-green with a yellow rectangle on it - that was $50. I did manage to keep a straight face as I left.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 19, 11:42:10 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 19, 11:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paint and canvas are expensive, you know!  So payment by the square inch is probably reasonable, although unrelated to merit!

Zephyr Zodiac
hyperCat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 19, 12:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A pile of dirt, with some brooms and a couple of shovels. Who says modern art is pretentious?

My husband was looking into jewellery courses and ultimately decided against one university after seeing their previous students' portfolios. My favourite was the "instant bracelet"--a guy with his arm through the railing at a Tube station. Roll Eyes

I am kitty meow face, meow meow, look at me!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 19, 12:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clever some of these people may be (or not) but artistic - never!  They've just learned how to open up a new branch of the conman profession!

Zephyr Zodiac
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 19, 12:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paint and canvas are expensive, you know! 

Yeah, but after the artist is finished with them, they're damaged. 

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 19, 13:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not re-usable, anyhow (at least, not the paint!) Cheesy

Zephyr Zodiac
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 19, 16:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm.  If you take and make the room that bed is in a bit smaller it looks almost like my sister's old room!  That's not art--that's slobbishness!

And by some strange coincidence, that's EXACTLY what I thought of.   Roll Eyes

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 20, 10:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have, on occasion, attempted to try earning a living from art, and used to paint murals for institutions (hospitals, kids homes etc) which is harder than it sounds (age/area appropriateness). I could spend a hundred hours designing and painting the damn thing and get paid jack. People do not want to pay for art, even if it comes under 'not half bad'. A friend, who is a professional (and damn good), refuses to climb onto the current band-wagon and produce the stuff that Witch describes which she could knock out in less than half an hour (I could knock it out in less than half an hour!). Most people prefer to nick down to the local hardware store/Ikea and buy a couple of rather dodgy prints rather than something they will get pleasure from. Then it aint art. Wallpaper substitute, maybe, but not art.

Meh...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 20, 17:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like stocking your library (if you're rich enough to have a library) with books bought by the yard, and selected for the binding!

Zephyr Zodiac
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 20, 18:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tracy Emin...

She is one hell of a weird artist, I'm not very fond of her stuff. However, what you said ZZ - art is a point of view, really it boils down to the fact that art is an expression. (I do wish that the A-level art coursework we had required something as easy as this though Wink )

That looks like my bedroom. Hey maybe I can sell my room for big bucks too! Geezz... Ive studied art and usually artwork requires, thought,comtemplation and EFFORT.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 20, 18:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's art, my house is a frickin' masterpiece! Now I don't have to feel bad about not cleaning. I call my creation "Entropy Realized". I might have some stiff compeition for the Turner prize, though.

Every time I see the flaming toilets, I can't help but think of them as the birthplaces for flaming bags of poo. That stuff has to come from somewhere, right?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 20, 23:07:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone seen this?

I would love to see what would happen   death by urination?  revenge of the toilet?

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 21, 11:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be pretty awesome... A lavvy with jaws that could snap shut on a sim's backside.  Grin

Meh...
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 22, 06:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like art as much as the next person, but I really can't stand some of the pretentious BS that goes with it sometimes.

That reminds me...
I was at a stupidly fancy schmancy restaurant that had been converted from an old schoolhouse.
The art work consisted of 'primary school' type paintings. Big triangle-on-square houses, red, blue and yellow...(sort of like the first couple sim paintings) There was a pair of snooty ladies looking at them and I heard one say very seriously 'Those were either done by a young child or a very talented artist'

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at how stupid it sounded. Yep, it was either Picasso, Monet, or a random 4 year old...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 23, 17:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That reminds me...
I was at a stupidly fancy schmancy restaurant that had been converted from an old schoolhouse.
The art work consisted of 'primary school' type paintings. Big triangle-on-square houses, red, blue and yellow...(sort of like the first couple sim paintings) There was a pair of snooty ladies looking at them and I heard one say very seriously 'Those were either done by a young child or a very talented artist'

Sad, innit?   Roll Eyes

I would've been tempted to say something to the effect of...
"Talented... hmm, yes, very talented.  It's not everyone who can paint in their stomachs - just look at these!  You can tell the artist swallowed the raw materials and vomited these up!"

Art doesn't necessarily have to be something... oh, photographic or something to be interesting.  But when it's a blank piece of canvas (it's been done), a potential movie set for a slob's house, or looks like it came from a kindergarten paint fight... there's just something off, don't you think?

I know art is supposed to be an expression of the soul... but even so, there IS a threshhold when it passes from Expression to Crap.

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 24, 02:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, what is one man's crap is another man's art.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 24, 03:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you know the saying: If it's not Scottish, it's crap!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 24, 03:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be pretty awesome... A lavvy with jaws that could snap shut on a sim's backside.  Grin

Perhaps one could be made for Rentechd....she seems to have a mild obsession with buttocks  Wink

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: