More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 17:32:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Edward Mellon -- Adult or Young Adult?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Edward Mellon -- Adult or Young Adult?  (Read 8315 times)
plastic shine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Edward Mellon -- Adult or Young Adult?
« on: 2006 January 06, 22:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing the Legacy challenge and I'm tired of marrying young adults. It doesn't seem like there are very many normal townies for some reason. Everyone I think IS a normal townie end up being a uni student which is annoying because they come with hardly any skills and no job. I'm wondering about Edward Mellon, before I move him in. Adult? Young adult?
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Edward Mellon -- Adult or Young Adult?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 06, 22:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's (almost) impossible to tell by name alone, because we do not know if you did a deleteallcharacters at the start and let the game regenerate townies, which would give them different names, or if you use a pre-built neighborhood like Strangetown, or if you have Nightlife and have a downtown attached, which gives you a bunch of new (down)townies whose names aren't consistant, or a bunch of other variables that would affect townie names.

If this is a custom neighborhood with default townies and you have not depleted the townie pool at all, then no, I don't believe he's one of them, but he could be a downtownie if you have Nightlife. However, the surest way to tell his age status is by voice - All YAs sound like teenagers.

Alternately, you could start choosing NPCs as mates, as they usually come with a very decent set of skills and the game always regenerates new ones as needed.

plastic shine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 06, 22:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using Veronaville, with all original townies and such. I have University EP.

I'll check the voice thing though, thanks.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 06, 22:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I am familiar with all the students, in all colleges, there is not Edward Melon among them.

I found one Edward Melon, in VeronaVille, and he is adult.

I don't think there are townies Young Adults - only students living in the college.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 06, 23:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sim has a good relationship with the "prospective" have them "ask" how much money they have or what their career is. That should give you the info you need and it's rather nice to have an in-game way to do it, I think :)

Unsouper
plastic shine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 07, 00:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sim has a good relationship with the "prospective" have them "ask" how much money they have or what their career is. That should give you the info you need and it's rather nice to have an in-game way to do it, I think Smiley

0___o;
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 07, 06:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to have nightlife to be able to do that. ^^

Using ask about money, has TWICE resulted in crushes for me. >.<

It pisses me off. I will more than likely go into SimPe and edit this... it's annoying. x.x;

But yes, for the record, it is available ONLY in Nightlife. ^^
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 07, 07:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bloodstainedkisses the random crush thing was supposed to have been fixed with the NL patch...
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 07, 08:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Whimpers- I know... but I don't have it, 'cause it fixes the nice potty training glitch.

So... yes. xP
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 07, 08:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Whimpers- I know... but I don't have it, 'cause it fixes the nice potty training glitch.

So... yes. xP
Didn't for me.
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 07, 14:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I am familiar with all the students, in all colleges, there is not Edward Melon among them.

Students never get the same names. They all have different names in our games. Same goes for Downtownies.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 07, 15:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Townies and Downtownies have jobs. Use ask...job, and if they say they're unemployed, they are a uni student.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 07, 15:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Students never get the same names. They all have different names in our games. Same goes for Downtownies.

VJay, I use the Enhanser. Of course  students don't have the same names. But I can pass the households to search for it.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 07, 15:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep in mind that the OP can't use the ask commands since they don't have NL.

Also, not patching the game to fix a lot of problems just to keep one glitch that makes the game only marginally easier is rather foolish.

bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 09, 06:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep in mind that the OP can't use the ask commands since they don't have NL.

Also, not patching the game to fix a lot of problems just to keep one glitch that makes the game only marginally easier is rather foolish.

See, that's the thing. I don't get too many glitches, and the ones I do, aren't really that bad. 'Sides, that potty training glitch is a lifesaver, 'cause my sims have large families, and I play with free will off, so sometimes, in tending to their needs, I loose my head a bit.

It just makes it easier, for me, really.

Playing with free will on, works for oh... thirty seconds. Then it annoys the hell out of me.

yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 09, 07:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't installed the patch yet, either.  The reason is that I have a folder called Sims exchange that has folders in it, called real game, alternate game, second alternate game, third alternate game and clean game.  Am I going to have to install on each folder or does it do the c drive folder?  If I install the patch with the clean game folder in my documents, will that work for the other folders?  Or am I just a dork?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 09, 16:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... yes. xP

InSIM has a very nice Toddler Trainer sectional  Grin   I set each skill to almost full and then have mom or dad finish the training so they get the memory, works great and takes alot less time  Cool
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 09, 18:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't installed the patch yet, either.  The reason is that I have a folder called Sims exchange that has folders in it, called real game, alternate game, second alternate game, third alternate game and clean game.  Am I going to have to install on each folder or does it do the c drive folder?  If I install the patch with the clean game folder in my documents, will that work for the other folders?  Or am I just a dork?

If all your alternate folder uses the same Sims.exe file to start the game you only need to install the patch once.  It does not install the patch in the mydocuments folder but in the folder in which you install the game, which should be c:/programfiles/eagames/thesims2nightlife if you used the default path.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 09, 18:21:50 by MissDoh » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 09, 18:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... yes. xP

If you are using mods/hacks from here and other places remember that they have the patch install when they created the mods/hacks and some might not work properly in your game because the coding could be different.

Also, normal potty training is a small price to pay to avoid your game from becoming a BFBVS.  Did you look at the huge list of fixes the patch does?  It is definitely a must install.  Even if you don't have a problem right now it can start to happen at any time, do you really want to take that risk?  I would personally not.  So far, installing the patch did not create other problems but it did cure a lot of issues.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 09, 18:36:25 by MissDoh » Logged
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 09, 19:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play Veronaville in base game only and Edward Mellon is a maxis pre-made townie in my game.  YA's don't exist nor do downtownies. I don't think they would have changed that in Uni, but I suppose it's possible.  If he's got a blond hair and bulgy cheek bones, I'd guess it's the same as mine. I vote he's an adult.  You could do the deed to see and not save...

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 09, 20:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, MissDoh!!  Guess I will be installing the patch today then.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: