More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 20:56:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Downtown Restaurants and OFB
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Downtown Restaurants and OFB  (Read 11524 times)
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Downtown Restaurants and OFB
« on: 2006 March 22, 15:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only recently started playing with the businesses in OFB simply because I couldn't manage to run one until I found an employee refresh mod.  According to the Prima guide just send them on break so they can take care of their needs but oh no, not these sims!  I send them on break and they go work out or something else really stupid until they become completely useless but that is another story.

I have noticed that restaurants in Downtown (unowned by any of my sims) barely function now.  The Sims obsessively eat - over and over again.  Maybe because of that new "hidden" shopping need and that is the only thing to buy.   I don't know but you can't even talk to them because they are either in line to be seated, already seated or standing up to go be seated again.   

I also get weird messages sometimes.  For example - I had someone on a date at that 50s Diner thingy.  The date ended early so she could "go take care of some things" (I know she had to pee but she just wouldn't go do it, why do they start out with bladder so low now when it used to just be only hunger, fun and social?  I constantly have guests leaving now becaue they are too stupid to go to the bathroom.)  Anyway, shortly after she left I get a message from a downtownie that my sim didn't even know saying he was going to take off.  Ummm, what do I care if he takes off??

The only mods I have are most of Pescado's Director's cut, a handful from Simlogical and Twojeffs.  I do have a few other objects (an employee refresh sign and  Monique's computer) but these were not even on the lot.

I am just wondering if anyone else is seeing any of this or if I have something loaded that could be affecting it?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Downtown Restaurants and OFB
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 15:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually bought the 50s diner in my game and it's been a lot of fun. I must admit to only having visited it once with a sim who wasn't the owner. It was really hectic because I technically only have one employee although the whole family helps out. But when I visited it only the owner and the employee manager were there so between the 2 of them they had to be host, server and cook.  Shocked

I didn't really notice much weirdness but I only played for that one date.

I can say that having other family members to help run the business really works well. And servos make great cooks. If you have an employee you can promote to manager they're not so bad since you can control them and take care of their needs. And you can have more than one manager too.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 16:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also get weird messages sometimes.  For example - I had someone on a date at that 50s Diner thingy.  The date ended early so she could "go take care of some things" (I know she had to pee but she just wouldn't go do it, why do they start out with bladder so low now when it used to just be only hunger, fun and social?  I constantly have guests leaving now becaue they are too stupid to go to the bathroom.)  Anyway, shortly after she left I get a message from a downtownie that my sim didn't even know saying he was going to take off.  Ummm, what do I care if he takes off??

I noticed a couple of those messages as well when one of my sims was visiting downtown; sims that my sim didn't even know would leave the lot with that message "I have to go take care of some things"...I thought it was very strange too, like what did I or my sim care?
The other thing I've noticed (or maybe it's my imagination) all of my sims' needs decay a lot quicker since I installed OFB, particularly bladder and hygiene, it's very annoying. Anyone else notice this?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 17:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the eating thing downtown - Sims will eat a meal, then immediately queue-up to eat again, yet I've checked their stats and in many cases, they weren't even hungry the first time!  I'm going into lots and finding my own Sims totally fat because of this, so I've taken to deleting them now when I see them attempting to eat if they clearly don't need to, or cheating and pushing their hunger bars down.  Poor old JMP hates fat people in my game, although for some reason he hasn't lost a lightning bolt with his wife since she started sneaking around Downtown stuffing her face and turnng herself into a fat lump - I don't think he's noticed yet because she went off to work as soon as it 'registered'.

This is something that really bugs me, incidentally.  Sims will change their fitness status when they're out & about, either turning fat through aforesaid overeating, or becoming fit due to working-out, yet they still go around with the wrong one.  I've had fit Sims who've become fat and vice versa, but as far as the turn-on situation is concerned, they're the opposite.  I would have thought with so much emphasis being placed on physical appearance in the game, once their fitness status changed it would automatically be altered, otherwise non-playables always remain the same in terms of what they're seen as by other Sims.  I'd love a mod to sort that out.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MangoOrange
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 18:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just can't take my sims to visit restaurants owned by other sims, when they are family-run, with no outside employees.  When my sims go there as visitors, there's only the owner sim there all by himself, acting as host.  No cook or server since they are family members.  So my sims can't eat.  They jump out of their chairs as soon as they are seated.

This really is a bummer, since I was really looking forward to visiting there and seeing the family at work running their diner.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 22, 19:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KellyQ - It is good to hear I am not the only one.  And YES.  I thought it was my imagination about the needs decay but it had to have changed.  I know the default "reset" sim needs now have low bladder like I mentioned which I thought might be part of it but at least on community lots need decay seems faster.  I am not sure on home lots because I micromanage everything they do most of the time Smiley  Hygiene has always bugged me anyway (who needs a shower 3 times a day??).  I used to have a mod that slowed it but I haven't checked since OFB to see if it is compatible.

And I don't know if it worked this way before but I will have a sim completely green to go to his community lot business and when he gets there he has reset to the defaults again.

The date thing too - in the past all my dates were dream dates.  It was just too easy since your needs get refreshed each level you reach but now almost all my dates end early so that they can "go take care of some things".  I guess I always assumed they were getting the same refresh my sim was but if they did they don't anymore or they are starting the date much lower in needs than before.

Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 22, 19:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, OFB changed the default state of all Sims.  Newly created Sims start with their bladder motive half depleted.  This happens as soon as you move a Sim onto a lot, as well, or move one in. 

I think they screwed up their code (big shock) and just never noticed (another big shock).
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 22, 21:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just can't take my sims to visit restaurants owned by other sims, when they are family-run, with no outside employees.  When my sims go there as visitors, there's only the owner sim there all by himself, acting as host.  No cook or server since they are family members.  So my sims can't eat.  They jump out of their chairs as soon as they are seated.

This really is a bummer, since I was really looking forward to visiting there and seeing the family at work running their diner.

You have to hire employees. Even if you never call them in or just always send them home when you play the lot, they will come and work autonomously when you visit the lot. Make sure you hire at least 2 sims other than the owner. One should have good cooking skill and the other decent body skill

blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 22, 22:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I also had the "I'm Taking off now, goodbye" message from totally unknown sims, as they were leaving the lot. Who cares! I've got a sim on a date, doesn't know anybody else, very little time left and these annoying messages pop up constantly. Stoo-pid townies.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 22, 23:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never send my employees on break, and it works fine. If they've got a need to fulfill, they go do it automatically, and then they go right back to work.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 23, 00:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never send my employees on break, and it works fine. If they've got a need to fulfill, they go do it automatically, and then they go right back to work.

Do you have any hacks in your game? If so, which ones? My employees don't do a darn thing unless they are told to go on break so either you have a mod I want or I have a mod I might need to take out.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 23, 01:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine never take a break autonomously, either.  Even when they do, they're obviously not refreshing the relevant parts because they stay yellow even when they go back to work.  I also found out that telling them to go back to work is a bad idea with low relationship - I had Trepie tell Kaylynn to get back to selling stuff and she went berserk, even though I'd bumped-up all her stats to full green with the Please Yourself plant.  She just went straight back onto the bubble-blower, even though she didn't need any fun.  The second time he told her to go back she did, but not after launching in at him again.  I only employed her in the first place because she was 1 badge short of 5 and he needed a manager.  She owns the Petite Cafe, but of course that means she was unemployed!

I shall continue to use the PYP plant until JMP's mod for breaks is done, because the way it works in the game is totally useless.  They never satisfy the needs they need to satisfy.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 23, 01:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tons of hacks in my game - 180 or so files at last count, I believe - so I wouldn't know if it was a specific hack causing it. But even in my test neighborhood w/ no hacks, my employees work fine. I do, however, use Inge's autonomous shop sign, which opens and closes the store at set times. When I'm playing, I can't keep track of the time, and this works great in preventing overwork in both employees and playables. By the time the store closes, the employees are just about exhausted, w/ bright red mood bars.
shanpooter
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 23, 03:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that restaurants in Downtown (unowned by any of my sims) barely function now.  The Sims obsessively eat - over and over again.  Maybe because of that new "hidden" shopping need and that is the only thing to buy.   I don't know but you can't even talk to them because they are either in line to be seated, already seated or standing up to go be seated again.   

I have noticed the same thing and it is VERY aggrivating.  I had a popularity sim go to a bar on a community lot that I built.  It had pool tables, instruments, darts, and other standard bar things.  But no one did anything but eat.  The counter was full, the 4 small tables were taken - all in all about 15 sims just eating and eating.  I took my sim there to meet some people to fulfill wants, but she could not talk to anyone because they were all eating. 

toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 23, 09:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here with the eating on the downtown lots, it's awful. Total ruined the downtown for me.  What a waste hopefully this will be addressed in the second patch for OFB.  It seems like ever new ep  messes up the way I play my community lots.  After nighlife  I couldn't keep no  more than nine sims on the community lots at one time.
fallenspades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 25, 17:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even servers refuse to wash dirty plates on owned lots...

Cry

There goes another shop idea.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 25, 17:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shall continue to use the PYP plant until JMP's mod for breaks is done, because the way it works in the game is totally useless.  They never satisfy the needs they need to satisfy.
Macrotastical Breaking is already apparently working. The early testers will probably start reporting in on it soon.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 25, 18:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone experienced increased peeing with the new EP? Yesterday, I had 2 of my sims go out to dinner at a nice restaurant. Halfway through, I get Dina, who's an adult sim, peeing herself in the middle of the restaurant. Oh well...I continue...and then about 2 minutes another PIP and this time its the old Ms. Jacquet from Bluewater. It seems to be limited to playables it seems. And out of all the people I want peeing on themselves, playables aren't the ones.

Can you fix this any JM?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 25, 18:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone experienced increased peeing with the new EP? Yesterday, I had 2 of my sims go out to dinner at a nice restaurant. Halfway through, I get Dina, who's an adult sim, peeing herself in the middle of the restaurant. Oh well...I continue...and then about 2 minutes another PIP and this time its the old Ms. Jacquet from Bluewater. It seems to be limited to playables it seems. And out of all the people I want peeing on themselves, playables aren't the ones.

Can you fix this any JM?
This has to do with the fact that the restaurant dining sequence has no escape valve, and furthermore, sims now enter the lot with extremely low bladder....and then chug glass after glass of water, often ignored by the server.

Since there's practically no way to break them out of it, and the servers often forget they exist, they sit there chugging glasses of water one after the other until they piss themselves.

Not certain how this can be addressed at the moment. Other than perhaps making them NOT enter lots already close to bladder desperation.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 25, 21:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the "Half bladder at reset" too and its getting annoying.  And my downtown restaurants are also acting strangely.  I had a sim on a date at Crypt O' Night yesterday and noticed there was about 5 townies gathered around the podium.  And the NPC host just kept going to each of them and greeting them, but never seating them.  Heck, some of the downtown restaurants don't have an NPC cook.  Yet the food still appears after the server takes the order.

All of my dates are ending early too, unless they're both playable.  Usually they'll take off with the toilet thought bubble over their heads.  Its still easy enough to get most of them up to Dream Date before it happens though.

I've only had one playable sim have an accident so far.  Dustin Broke pissed himself at Midnight Flows when he got up from the table he was dinning at.  (and got the memory for it as well).  I'm pretty sure he didn't eat anything either.  As the server forgot he existed like JMP said.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 26, 05:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has to do with the fact that the restaurant dining sequence has no escape valve, and furthermore, sims now enter the lot with extremely low bladder....and then chug glass after glass of water, often ignored by the server.

Since there's practically no way to break them out of it, and the servers often forget they exist, they sit there chugging glasses of water one after the other until they piss themselves.

Not certain how this can be addressed at the moment. Other than perhaps making them NOT enter lots already close to bladder desperation.

I guess I should have been more clear. These were not the 2 playables on the date that were peeing themselves. These were unplayable playables that were generated on the lot. Needless to say, I was quite p-ssed when my nice date kept getting interrupted by the peeing PIPs.

I've also experienced the leaving b/c of low bladder on my dates. One of my teenaged couples still had 1:30 min left, almost at "Dream Date", and right in the middle of it the date leaves b/c of bladder issues. WTF? I was quite p-ssed w/ that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 26, 06:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A fix is currently in testing so that visitors will begin at maxed bladder and hygiene instead of quickly leaving because they need to pee and yet won't go and do so.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 26, 07:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, OFB changed the default state of all Sims.  Newly created Sims start with their bladder motive half depleted.  This happens as soon as you move a Sim onto a lot, as well, or move one in. 

I think they screwed up their code (big shock) and just never noticed (another big shock).
I'd noticed that - you move a family into a lot and the first thing you have to do is queue them up for the bathroom before they all get desperate at once.  V annoying!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
fallenspades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 26, 13:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having this really irritating problem, I can't touch the dirty dishes on the community lots. The servers ignore them, the owner sim can't clean em up(no command) and my restaurant is getting dirty.

Could this be a conflicting hack?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 26, 14:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it's Inge's no plate clearing hack. You'll need to get rid of it.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: