More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 09:50:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Kill me please... was: Had constant errors, fixed it I think...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kill me please... was: Had constant errors, fixed it I think...  (Read 3177 times)
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Kill me please... was: Had constant errors, fixed it I think...
« on: 2007 October 18, 18:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Update *

I found one of the culprits! It wasn't a hack, it wasn't a mod, it wasn't even a corrupted neighborhood... It was a sofa from ATS. Apparently the Bubble Living sofas do not play well with BV in my game... or something in my game. I started getting those same errors again last night, in a completely new 'hood. Sure enough, the sim was trying to go sit on the sofa. The exact same one that was in the house that had these problems last time. Moving the cursor over that sofa brings up the error. Take the sofa out, replace with a different one, and suddenly the game is fine.

This still doesn't change the hard reboot and messed up memories, but if anyone suddenly developes a plague of sim errors for no reason, might check that you don't have these sofas. Moving the cursor over them should throw an error on the currently selected sim, if that's what is causing the problem.

My game locked up in the middle of a save and I had to hard reboot. The next time I loaded that particular lot I was having a problem with all four sims being frozen and throwing errors. They just stood there. If they tried to do anything autonomously an error popped up. If I tried to direct them anywhere, an error popped up. Tried resetting them, no dice. Tried all the usual things that get suggested, move them out and back in, hack check, CC test etc.

I noticed that a lot of their memories were gone, and poking the error log I saw a lot of the below in the Lot Object Dump portion of the file...

Object Name : Memory - Reputation - First Best Friend id : 454   Room: -1
Object Name : Memory - Reputation - Lost Best Friend id : 401   Room: -1

I finally got the errors to stop and everything back to "normal" and working by clearing out their memories with the lot debugger. I played that lot last night and everyone seemed to be working fine, no errors, they got memories the way they should and all that.

My question is whether or not I should be on the lookout for further trouble. Just because everything seems to be working doesn't mean there isn't a giant ball of fire lurking around the corner. If it was just corrupted memories, will making use of the lot debugger fix it or do I need to do anything else? This is a sandbox 'hood, so it's eventual implosion won't break my heart. But I just got everything the way I like it and I'd like to actually play with it a while.

« Last Edit: 2007 October 22, 19:42:55 by lemonfresh » Logged

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Had constant errors, fixed it I think...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 18, 18:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hard reboot can corrupt more than just TS2 related files. You would be well-advised to run scan disk and defrag your drive.

Lock up during a save is far more troubling than any possible file corruption issues. If this is occurring with frequency, you may have hardware problems.

lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 18, 18:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran disk scan and defrag yesterday morning actuall, for that very reason. 

The lock up was entirely my fault. I can tell when my game is starting to slow and going to need a shut-down/re-start but I pushed my luck in this case. Aside from needing moar ramz and something other than onboard graphics to make Sims 2 zoom and be shiny,  my hardware is fine.  I've only ever had to do a hard reboot once or twice in this computers lifetime and in each instance the cause could be traced back to me. Wink

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 18, 18:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay. I think it's safe to say that your neighborhood is a possible BFBVFS just waiting to go off. Best bet would be to delete it and start a new one.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 18, 22:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happened to me when this PC was being repaired and I used my second one, which really can only handle the base game, and installed Seasons (stupid me).  My sims, every single one, lost all their memories, characters, skills - the lot - and their aspirations were all at the bottom of red!  Luckily I had another version of the game (which is an old and rather favourite hood) on my laptop, but the one I'd been playing, which I thought I'd copied into the game, I'd actually moved - was history unless I was prepared to spend a thousand hours in SimPE putting everything back!  And I didn't even have to do a hard reboot, I thought everything was normal when I saved and exited, but obviously the game ignored a large paging file and just refused to save everything!

Zephyr Zodiac
lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 18, 23:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh... it must be one of those days. I loaded the 'hood to move families out of the houses I wanted to prep for packaging and right in the middle of my work the damn power went out! Something does not want me to have anything more to do with this 'hood.  Angry

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 18, 23:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously have offended someone somewhere up in the wide blue yonder - such as the God of Electricity Supply!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: