More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 13:21:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Looking for hacks to prevent these annoying behaviours
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Looking for hacks to prevent these annoying behaviours  (Read 5193 times)
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Looking for hacks to prevent these annoying behaviours
« on: 2006 March 30, 23:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone tell me if there have been any OFB-compatible hacks made for these:

1) blocking ALL bubble baths for every Sim forever?  Gawd, they annoy me -- as if a Sim gets any cleaner by taking one! Grrr..
2) blocking every/ANY kind of kickybag crap, regardless of place? I'm so sick of having to unblock those damned things!
3) blocking all Punch-You-Punch-Me, or at the very least, having Sims substitute a game of Red Hands instead?  Very little fun gets generated by the punching, and it goes on and on forever. Arghghgh!

Thanks for any help! Smiley

Max
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
Re: Looking for hacks to prevent these annoying behaviours
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 30, 23:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique at MTS2 has made many "no autonomous..." hacks: I use the "No kickybag" . Look here:

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 30, 23:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge seems to be churning out a ton of no-autonomy hacks, I think he's at MTS2 and also Insiminator.  You could also check there?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 30, 23:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He had one that covered punch you punch me as part of a big set..

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 30, 23:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Options -> Free Will -> Off.

I got sick and tired of making no-autonomy this-and-thats when it became clear that disabling one stupidity simply caused them to perform a new one!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 31, 00:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say that I cannot understand anyone playing with freewill off.  Where are the surprises in your game?  Do you ever wet yourself laughing at the stuff that happens?  I have been in tears more than once at some of the hilarious goings-on in my game, none of which would have occurred if I'd been micro-managing their every move.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 31, 02:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say that I cannot understand anyone playing with freewill off.  Where are the surprises in your game?
Usually, on community lots, where I don't have to deal with it wasting my time. The fact of the matter is that even if I did bother to leave it on, my sims would never be released from their Power Idle lock anyway, since otherwise they wouldn't do their business properly, and by properly, I mean NOW. Free Will has a MINIMUM granularity of about 15 minutes or so before a sim will even consider doing something, and that is just not acceptable. MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!

Do you ever wet yourself laughing at the stuff that happens?
No, but apparently I have better bladder control than you.

I have been in tears more than once at some of the hilarious goings-on in my game, none of which would have occurred if I'd been micro-managing their every move.
As far as I can tell, they end up always either doing the wrong thing, or not doing anything at all. Then they're not in good shape and just bitch and moan at me when I tell them it's time to do something useful. Which, in any case, is right now.

* J. M. Pescado crack whip.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 31, 14:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, they end up always either doing the wrong thing, or not doing anything at all. Then they're not in good shape and just bitch and moan at me when I tell them it's time to do something useful. Which, in any case, is right now.

Grin  It amazes me, JM, that you have so little patience for your Sims, and yet you have so much patience to sit down and hack all their deficits -- which is a great combination for us, hehe!  Wink

Okay, I'm off to look for no-autonomy kickybag, because it's something I've wanted forever.  I'll check out Monique and Squinge, thanks!

Like Ancient Sim, I really do prefer to leave FreeWill on -- even if I have to end up blocking or re-directing their stupid choices most of the time :lol

Max

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 31, 14:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's Free Will?  Tongue

Ooooh! I get it! The Evil EA has Will Wright locked up in a dungeon and we have to free him...?

Ok, seriously, I couldn't play the game with free will on for more than 5 minutes. I admire you people who play with free will, you must have nerves or steel. Or you're followers of

*mind blank follows*

whatever that deity's name is whose followers seek to relieve others of their pain and inflict it on themselves (D&D, Forgotten Realms settings).

Ilmater!
« Last Edit: 2006 March 31, 14:52:25 by DrBeast » Logged

Let the Beast inside you free!
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 31, 14:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's Free Will? 

Ooooh! I get it! The Evil EA has Will Wright locked up in a dungeon and we have to free him...?

Yep!  Didn't you know?

Max
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 01, 21:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone tell me if there have been any OFB-compatible hacks made for these:

1) blocking ALL bubble baths for every Sim forever?  Gawd, they annoy me -- as if a Sim gets any cleaner by taking one! Grrr..
2) blocking every/ANY kind of kickybag crap, regardless of place? I'm so sick of having to unblock those damned things!
3) blocking all Punch-You-Punch-Me, or at the very least, having Sims substitute a game of Red Hands instead? 

1)  Use bathroom Uses You to make them use the bathroom properly or else just install showers w/o tubs.
2)  MTS2 has this, I think it is made by Targa.
3)  MTS2 has this, it is made by Monique who has a bunch of good no automony hacks.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 01, 21:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TJ's also have no autonomous hacks here.  Did you all forget about his.  Tongue

Squinge has at least 15 mods of this type if TJ's do not have it, Squinge does.  He also have other nice things.  Look for is mods at the insimenator sites since some of his mods are exclusively on that site.

EDIT:  Here is a direct link to Squinge's mods but you will need to become a member to download anything, it is free so no worries:  http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=152
« Last Edit: 2006 April 01, 21:45:25 by MissDoh » Logged
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 01, 21:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am one of those that cannot live without having my Sims at free will on.

It is not that hard to control and it is a game after all, not a military school  Tongue

* Hides her whip *
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: