More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 07:51:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New OFB info
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New OFB info  (Read 37556 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: New OFB info
« Reply #75 on: 2005 December 10, 15:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem they have at Maxis, of course, is we all want different things!  I used to love how you could breed your pets with Unleashed, and earn money that way!
I didnt like unleashed pets all that well but i did like gardening and selling the vegetables

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 December 10, 16:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, the only reason I'm interested in Open For Business is the robots. Robots! Wants robots! Anything even remotely science fiction themed in future expansion packs would be most excellent. Weirdness is good in any variety, so zombies and vampires and whatnot are good also, but aliens and robots are better. Much better. And sims in space would just rock. I would forgive the inanity of the entire party pack concept for that.

What I'd really like to see in the sims would be tabletop roleplaying games. I think it'd be funny to see sims playing Dungeons and Dragons or something.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 December 10, 17:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, the only reason I'm interested in Open For Business is the robots. Robots! Wants robots! Anything even remotely science

Heh, I predicted robots.  Cheesy
That link seems to be gone.

Instant gratification takes too long.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 December 10, 18:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, the only reason I'm interested in Open For Business is the robots.

What I'd really like to see in the sims would be tabletop roleplaying games. I think it'd be funny to see sims playing Dungeons and Dragons or something.

Robots? Where'd you hear there were going to be robots? I loved Servo from ... uh ... whatever expansion pack he was from -- he was FAR better than the maid. Robots are good.

I also think it would be funny to see them playing Dungeons and Dragons. Much better than myshuno, or whatever that strange thing is.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 December 10, 18:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, the only reason I'm interested in Open For Business is the robots.

Robots? Where'd you hear there were going to be robots? I loved Servo from ... uh ... whatever expansion pack he was from -- he was FAR better than the maid. Robots are good.

I also think it would be funny to see them playing Dungeons and Dragons. Much better than myshuno, or whatever that strange thing is.
eek aanything is better than Myshuno. I refuse to buy that for my Sims

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Bort
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 December 10, 18:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Myshuno is my fiend. I used to buy it to fulfill expensive game wants...but I didn't necessarily make it easily accessible to them.

My Servo was a fraud. He'd clean a toilet, then stand there buzzing confusedly and changing hats before retiring to his cupboard. Hopefully future robots will be more cooperative.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 December 10, 18:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you had an ID conflict somewhere!  Servo was always very cooperative in my game, and great at entertaining visiting kids!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 December 10, 20:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Space travel - love to see it.
OFB - sounds intriguing, let's see if EA/Maxis can manage not to screw it up.
Unleashed - Loved the gardens, the pets were cute, but obnoxious. I kept cats on lots that had gardens, but otherwise...
Superstar - I thought it improved the look of the game.
Makin' Magic - Had lots of fun with that one, probably because I was starting to get bored and it changed a lot of things (had big fun with spells)
Make money at home (from TS1 - gnomes etc.) - this is what I really miss. I want crafty stuff!
Servo - loved him.

Whew, lot of topics in this thread. Tongue

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 December 10, 21:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Robots? Where'd you hear there were going to be robots? I loved Servo from ... uh ... whatever expansion pack he was from -- he was FAR better than the maid. Robots are goothing is.

It's predictable isn't it?

College makes you a zombie.
Nightlife makes you a vampire.
Working...makes makes you a robot.

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 December 11, 07:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I never really put that together and thought about it (go ahead, laugh and point). Is EA/Maxis making social commentary?

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 December 11, 13:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. I never really put that together and thought about it (go ahead, laugh and point). Is EA/Maxis making social commentary?

I think it's more sarcasm than anything. Tongue

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 December 11, 15:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, the Sims franchise has a long history of satire. Heck, the original game was basically just an irreverent take on suburban living. You give up your time to go to work to get money to buy more stuff to make yourself happy so you can go to work and make more money. The Sims 2, if anything, amplifies that. At its heart, it's satirical exageration.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 December 11, 15:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And with NL installed, your sim would rather go to work than take a much needed shower!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 December 11, 22:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's more sarcasm than anything. Tongue

I got the sarcasm (there was a touch of it in mine too), but I think there may be a hint of truth. Or at least commentary.

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2005 December 13, 16:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Robots were mentioned in the survey from the official site that some of us here took part in.

They also mentioned tattoo parlours as one of the possible businesses. And Unified Time, where time progresses as normal on Community lots.

I actually hope they don't try to do unified time, because I'm loving the eternal night of Nightlife, and I'm sure it'll just go buggy the way the College Clock does without More Awesome hacks.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2005 December 13, 22:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Myshuno is my fiend. I used to buy it to fulfill expensive game wants...but I didn't necessarily make it easily accessible to them.

there's a hack to stop them wanting to play it - probably on MTS2.   I use that when they insist on buying it.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 December 13, 23:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also a Less Annoying Myshuno at DJS Sims.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2005 December 14, 15:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that's the one - not MTS2 then sorry!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: