More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 12:18:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Make friends with 5 service NPCs. Which ones count?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Make friends with 5 service NPCs. Which ones count?  (Read 14443 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Make friends with 5 service NPCs. Which ones count?
« on: 2008 December 08, 15:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make friends with 5 service NPCs is a want that goes all the way back to base game, but the list of Service NPCs has grown a lot.  Is there a complete, current list of Service NPCs out there?  And how sure is it that the old want recognises all of the new service NPCs?

Snooty has a list, but it doesn't look right to me - delivery people and sales staff are surely service npcs - aren't they?
http://www.snootysims.com/infoindex.php?id=npc

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Make friends with 5 service NPCs. Which ones count?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 08, 16:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of them, apart from the non-social NPC's, count towards the 'Make friends/woohoo with 5 service NPCs' wants.

(Actually, although the restaurant cook cannot be interacted with while s/he is working, they can be through other means such as Gypsy/Blind Dates and use of TJ's Crystal Ball. Oh and if you have BV, the Bellhop and Housekeepers cannot be interacted with properly. I would count them as non-social)

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 08, 16:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delivery people are service NPCs.

As for sales staff, it depends on whether they are staff in an owned business or not.  Baristas, register clerks, podium staff, etc on unowned community lots are NPCs, but staff working in similar roles in owned businesses are not NPCs for the purposes of the want.  Non-playable staff in owned businesses are usually from the townie/downtownie families, not the NPC family.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 08, 16:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, although the restaurant cook cannot be interacted with while s/he is working, they can be through other means such as Gypsy/Blind Dates and use of TJ's Crystal Ball.

And they walk by on community lots all the damn time. Or at least they do in my game. No guarantees that's normal behavior.  Undecided

Fail.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 08, 16:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I see the gardener is when s/he walks by on community lots Cheesy

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 08, 18:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they walk by on community lots all the damn time. Or at least they do in my game. No guarantees that's normal behavior.  Undecided
It is; the walkby BHAVs are designed that way. Given that they're supposed to only walk by and never stop and hang out in the lot, the purpouse of this idiocy is unknown.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 08, 19:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks people  Smiley

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 08, 21:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheerleaders and mascots count, too, much to my surprise. I'm trying to remember if professors count.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 08, 21:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they do. I forgot about them.

cascaneda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 08, 23:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The list is not really accurate. Social workers count as service NPC and they are social.
The only thing is you can't ask them for a date using the phone but when they are off duty you can  interact with them and even marry them, unlike the repo men or the taxi drivers.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 08, 23:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought marrying Social Workers was a Bad Thing.

Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 09, 01:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The list is not really accurate. Social workers count as service NPC and they are social.
The only thing is you can't ask them for a date using the phone but when they are off duty you can  interact with them and even marry them, unlike the repo men or the taxi drivers.

Actually, you can interact with the repo men, with some workarounds-- one of my sims had the good-looking Repo Man's babies!  I was pretty clueless at the time and didn't know that this was a VBT, but at least I didn't let her marry him.  I could tell even then that he was buggy.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 09, 01:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the Diva (and probably Mr. Big) counts as well, along with grand vampires and head witches.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 09, 02:14:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any NPC in the "NPC" family counts. NPCs not in the NPC family do not. Moving in nameless NPCs will negatively affect your game. Moving in non-base game NPCs may have odd side effects.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 09, 06:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any NPC in the "NPC" family counts. NPCs not in the NPC family do not. Moving in nameless NPCs will negatively affect your game. Moving in non-base game NPCs may have odd side effects.

So, what is included in the "NPC family"? And what are "nameless" NPCs?

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 December 09, 06:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing that nameless NPCs are the ones who don't have a real name.  When you have the Head For Numbers OFB perk, every sim in the game will pop up, including ones named Ninja, Repo Man, Driver, Unsavory Charlatan. . . I don't touch those.  Professors, Mascots, etc., have randomly assigned names, like Allyn Gilscarbo. 

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 December 09, 09:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I edited various NPC and townie family names in SimPE for easier identification, like "EP5 Garden Club" or "EP6 Locals - Far East".

The real "NPC family" contains all base-game service NPCs, like maids or gardeners. All 24 Uni professors are included in this family.
Not all NPCs included in NPC family are interactable though, e.g. Local Chef or Food Judge.

Nameless NPCs, e.g. Pollination Technician or Witch Doctor, belong to "Default" family. They are actually objects, not real Sims, so editing them may corrupt your Object.package file. You can see who belongs to which family by browsing through them with Inge's teleporter.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 December 09, 12:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The NPC family is every sim included in the 0x7FFF "NPC" family. You can find them listed in SimPE, or an Ingelogical shrub. The family can be relabelled in SimPE to be easily idenfiable, or else they will have some random stupid name from the first NPC to be lastnamed. "Nameless" NPCs are those who do not have proper names, merely titles: "Ninja", "Unsavory Charlatan", "Social Bunny", "Social Worker", "Repo Man", etc.. NPCs without names should be regarded as completely taboo outside of their normal functions. NPCs WITH names are safe to interact with on a casual basis, but those not from the base game may retain undesired behavior quirks if moved or married into an actual family. These quirks are mostly harmless, but may be annoying.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 December 09, 14:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused about the Social Worker, though.  I've taken no chances--I have one as a character in my Legacy 'hood, but she is really a normal Sim created in CAS with the unlocked SoWo outfit.  But I've certainly heard of people marrying her in with no ill effects, and that she is a sim with ordinary wants, etc.  What is the problem with the Social Worker?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 December 09, 14:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The NPC family is every sim included in the 0x7FFF "NPC" family. You can find them listed in SimPE, or an Ingelogical shrub. The family can be relabelled in SimPE to be easily idenfiable, or else they will have some random stupid name from the first NPC to be lastnamed. "Nameless" NPCs are those who do not have proper names, merely titles: "Ninja", "Unsavory Charlatan", "Social Bunny", "Social Worker", "Repo Man", etc.. NPCs without names should be regarded as completely taboo outside of their normal functions. NPCs WITH names are safe to interact with on a casual basis, but those not from the base game may retain undesired behavior quirks if moved or married into an actual family. These quirks are mostly harmless, but may be annoying.

Not just the nameless ones...  The taxi driver and the Nightlife chef and some others I can't remember at the moment, do have names, but are not good people to mess with.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 December 09, 15:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes, drivers are very bad. I'm not sure how bad the chefs are, but the drivers are bad.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 December 09, 15:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi Broke married a chef in my game. He is just a normal sim. With no cooking skill Roll Eyes

Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 December 09, 16:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a list of "taboo" NPCs? In fact, is there hack that prevents "taboo" NPCs from showing up Downtown and on blind-dates? Maybe that way I won't accidently do anything with them.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 December 09, 16:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone who cannot be interacted with at all (only "There are no actions available" tooltip comes up when clicked), or can't be flirted with (NL interactions like "Feed Bites" don't count) are off-limits.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 December 09, 18:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Brandi Broke married a chef in my game. He is just a normal sim. With no cooking skill Roll Eyes

How did you manage that?  The chef is one of those characters that can not normally be interacted with.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: