More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 19:03:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  WTF is up with CAS?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WTF is up with CAS?  (Read 5722 times)
Lily Whyte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
WTF is up with CAS?
« on: 2008 April 25, 11:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some strange reason, I have red hair showing up in the brown colour-bin in CAS. And NO, it isn't because someone colour-binned custom hair improperly. This is default Maxis red hair showing up instead of it's brown counterpart in the brown colour-bin in CAS. I have everything installed, all EPs and SPs. How, for pete's sake, can this possibly get broken?  Huh

Lily

I can only please one person per day.
Today just isn't your day.
Tomorrow's not looking so good, either.
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: WTF is up with CAS?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 25, 12:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can think of is that you installed a default replacement for that hair which is either exactly the Maxis red or so similar that you can't tell from looking. Why someone would make this, I'm not sure... Undecided Maybe it's just meant as a template, but I don't see why it wouldn't either be all the normal colours or all red... not just brown becoming red. :S Do you have anything like that in your downloads? Smiley
Lily Whyte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 25, 13:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, no default hair replacements. I'm 100% sure of that because my downloads are organized to the point of being anal and I've never downloaded replacement textures for hair. I really don't get it, especially as it isn't happening in BodyShop, just CAS. At least that I can see.  Huh

Lily

Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 25, 13:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, it's only in CAS? I have absolutely no idea then, sorry Sad I've never had/heard of this problem. I hope you find out what it is.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 25, 20:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just the thumbnail that is borked, or is the wrong colour hair selected when you actually put it on the sim?
Lily Whyte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 25, 21:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just the thumbnail. Twice, I've loaded CAS and it looked like red-haired sims were created until I went to change the hairstyle. Then, I noticed that although the hair was red, the brows were brown and the sims were showing up as having brown-binned hair. CAS is using the same texture for some of the Maxis default brown hair that it uses for the red hair, but not all of them are affected. It is really strange. And now, for some reason the notownieregen hack is not working for me, either. The only thing that is different is that I installed the KBID stuff pack. I haven't installed any new downloads of any kind in a while, including hacks, although everything was updated for Free Time. I'm really at a loss.

Lily

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 26, 01:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First thing I'd do is to backup the game and then quickly test a copy without your custom content. That will tell you whether the game files are broken or not. If they are, try to narrow it down- is this just basegame hairs, or one of the EPs? You may need to replace some of your skin or object packages.
Lily Whyte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 26, 10:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Simsample. I'll give that a try. Smiley

Lily

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 28, 06:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lily, I have one particular EAxis red hair showing up in the brown hair bin now. It's the longish one that simTrepie sports. Started with either FreeTime or K&B, but I suspect K&B. I didn't notice until Asher, one of my 3rd gen kids, transitioned to teen and I was adding some facial hair.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 28, 09:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that the default faces in my CAS and Bodyshop have reversed order.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 28, 12:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all EPs and Sps, and I can verify that all of my adult and teen hair is showing in the correct bins, for male and female. Must be some sort of hack or CC conflict then? Or perhaps down to a no CD crack?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: