More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 11:20:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My Sims are freezing in my self created CAS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Sims are freezing in my self created CAS  (Read 2779 times)
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
My Sims are freezing in my self created CAS
« on: 2008 March 12, 15:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read some warning over at MTS,  but thought it was corrected by now.  BUT!  I made a beautiful CAS screen for my Historical Sims game...and my Sim immediately began freezing to death.  Has anyone associated with MATY written a counter curse for this?   I know I could use one of the "select the EP" programs,  but in that case I won't have access to many many beautiful items to use, since I would be limited to the earliest EP objects.   I can't believe someone hasn't produced a global to correct this bug (there since Seasons) or an object to insure climate control for a CAS.   
My aim was to make a specific CAS screen for each of my types of games...using objects from or indicative of the content of the downloads for that particular game.   My first effort for my Historical neighborhoods came out so gorgeous that I am sorely disappointed to have to toss it and start over -- if a cure can be found that is.  Thanks in advance if you can point me in a direction.   
I have used the search,  but CAS turns up everything but what I am looking for including messages with "case" "casual" etc.   Too bad it can't read my mind.   K
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: My Sims are freezing in my self created CAS
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 12, 15:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no present cure for this, other than to make sure your CAS is INSIDE. there needs to be some kind of roof-cover and 4 walls.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 12, 19:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't have Seasons installed when you make your CAS screens. Even enclosing your sims within 4 walls and having roofs doesn't help. You can use the Anygamestarter to include all your EP's & SP's apart from Seasons. I don't think the Anygamestarter has been updated for Freetime yet though.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 13, 16:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BGS is now updated for FreeTime - you can also install lots by drag and drop when you're not playing in a window.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=107015

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
KinwatsaZ
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 05, 03:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did get the AGS over at MTS2 and have now created some actually lovely little CAS for my various games.    The first ones were too dark,   but some overhead lighting cleared up that problem.  What an excellent idea the AGS!    I am now one happy camper!
Thanks for the responses and help.  K Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: