More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 19:50:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Borked Neighborhood?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Borked Neighborhood?  (Read 2714 times)
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Borked Neighborhood?
« on: 2007 January 12, 03:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to do a bit of "spring cleaning" of my highly bloated downloads folder so today I went in game to a neighborhood that I just use to build things in, there are no playables at all, any way as I was deleting floors, wall, and other build objects that I just didn't use or like, I got to the terrain paint....and deleted just one....it caused my computer to crash, and I'm thinking of all the stuff I finally got rid of and will now have to start over....however when I went back into the game and the same neighborhood everything was still gone like it was suppose to be , so I'm thinking I'm okay....unfortunately when I tried to go into the neighborhood I normally play it will get to the neighborhoon screen and then crash.....I haven't started to panic yet....I tried  deleting group cach ..... still crashing....so evidently I have deleted something that I shouldn't have and now it won't let me into that neighborhood.....if I go with a backup of the neighborhood  before I did the "pruning" will that work or is my neighborhood borked for good?  Suggestions are most welcome....I've put in alot of playtime in this neighborhood and haven't nearly scratched the surface of what I want to do with it.  Tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: Borked Neighborhood?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 12, 10:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What EP's have you got?  The terrain paint situation was improved from OFB (think it was OFB) - could try adding OFB if you don't have it..  Wonder what would happen if you took out the lot where you deleted that terrain paint out of the lots folder....  should be the last one edited if you don't know the lot number..  Move it out and try.  hope somewone more awesome than me can help.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 12, 12:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What EP's have you got?  The terrain paint situation was improved from OFB (think it was OFB) - could try adding OFB if you don't have it..  Wonder what would happen if you took out the lot where you deleted that terrain paint out of the lots folder....  should be the last one edited if you don't know the lot number..  Move it out and try.  hope somewone more awesome than me can help.

I have uni, nl, ofb, glm,and pets....I thought that that was fixed too....and yes my games are patched....I also deleted some doors and windows, some that I may have had "inuse"....as far as the terrian paint I deleted I don't think I used it in any of my lots in that neighborhood but it may have come with a house I had downloaded....don't remember...I sure hope I can get it fixed....thanks for the help....tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 14, 14:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado has some tools to get you into borked lots - not sure about borked hoods.  Threads probably refer to the crowbar.  Try the firing range and/or search.....

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: