More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 23:55:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A Hack to Replace the Cheat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A Hack to Replace the Cheat  (Read 10036 times)
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
A Hack to Replace the Cheat
« on: 2008 May 08, 00:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is there a hack that let you place things at a 45 degree angle? the "boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation" cheat does not work everytime i try to enter it, and I know I'm entering it correctly...this is annoying.....
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
Re: A Hack to Replace the Cheat
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 08, 01:04:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you're typing it like that, you're doing it wrong.

It ought to be "boolProp allow45degreeangleofrotation true", since boolProp is boolean property and boolean values are always true or false. So you need to specifically set it as true.

Mind you, that's only if it is, indeed, a boolean property. I don't use the cheat, so I can't even verify that.

Although the one time I did use it, I noticed that it doesn't seem to work properly using the mouse to rotate, but only with the < and > keys. Then again, this could be an isolated occurence.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 08, 01:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just add it to your user startup cheat file... you'll never have to enter the cheat again. Smiley

Directions here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4332.0.html

I sing along with elevator music.
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 08, 01:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too lazy/ technically incompetent for that?

http://simsky.parsimonious.org/proggie/en_st2.php
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 08, 11:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, note that you should never place a multi-tile object this way. Only single-tile objects may be placed diagonally. Anything that consists of more than a single green square, should not be, or else it will not work.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 08, 12:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some things do, but there may be odd animations, like sims walking through part of a sofa for example.  You can place a sofa and t.v on the same angle and they can still be used however.  Loungers work ok too.  It's all trial and error. 

The reason your cheat isn't working is because you are forgetting the False part as someone else mentioned, add the cheat to your userStartup.cheat file found in the Config folder, that way it will be enabled as soon as the game starts, which saves a lot of frustration Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 08, 13:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some things do, but there may be odd animations, like sims walking through part of a sofa for example.  You can place a sofa and t.v on the same angle and they can still be used however.  Loungers work ok too.  It's all trial and error.
Single tile objects only. That is the rule. Anything else you do this to will malfunction various subtle ways.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 08, 13:29:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put a FT hobby car on the slant and work on engine was fine, but work on body didn't. I simply orthogonalised it for the bodywork. Much more "realistic": a junker is craned off the wrecking yard truck and dumped on the lawn anyhoo. Can't move it till the engine runs sweet ... and no point in fixing up the body work unless there's an engine (IMO).

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 08, 15:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do diagonal beds all the time. Functionally ok, but again...walking through object occurs. Sometimes it's worth it for the look.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 08, 17:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Single tile objects only. That is the rule. Anything else you do this to will malfunction various subtle ways.

Noted.

I usually use it for the plants and decorative items, it's nice to do it with chairs near a fireplace too.  I don't think they implemented corner stuff very well in TS2, it's more of a last minute thought than a feature really. 
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 08, 20:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do diagonal beds all the time. Functionally ok, but again...walking through object occurs. Sometimes it's worth it for the look.
ACR doesn't like diagonal beds too well.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 09, 12:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, note that you should never place a multi-tile object this way. Only single-tile objects may be placed diagonally. Anything that consists of more than a single green square, should not be, or else it will not work.

Does that mean both objects like sofas (which when placed diagonally seem to occupy only 1 tile while before they were 2 or 3) and for example the big gorilla statue (whose occupied tiles all rotate diagonally) ? I actually noticed the latter a few days ago, I always thought ALL objects occupied 1 tile when placed in 45 degree angles.

Dive in!
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 10, 02:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it bad that I thought the OP meant The Cheat?

I thought, "Why would you need a hack to do that...?"  Cheesy

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 10, 08:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it bad that I thought the OP meant The Cheat?

That was my immediate reaction too.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 12, 18:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't want the cheat on all the time, use an alias so you can turn it on and off without remembering how to spell it.  Here's what I have in userStartup.cheat

# Allow more object rotation in 45 degrees, defaults to false
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
alias 45 "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true" "Enable object rotation by 45 degrees" ""
alias 45- "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false" "Disable object rotation by 45 degrees" ""

So I type 45 in the cheat box to enable 45 degree rotation and 45- to turn it off again.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 12, 22:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly like that, with the quotes and such?

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 13, 10:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a cut and paste of what's in my startup file, so I have all those quote marks in.  Don't ask me to explain them all though as I didn't write it myself.  The original post is probably on MATY somewhere with lots of other good suggestions for aliases. I'm sure you could simplify it a lot, but all those comments in quotes are useful if I have a brain fart and can't remember wtf it all is.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 13, 15:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly like that, with the quotes and such?

You only really need:
Code:
alias 45 "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true"
alias 45- "boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation false"
The rest is just descriptive, and tooltips, but it will work.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: