More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 14:01:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  For all you simpe users out there.....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For all you simpe users out there.....  (Read 14715 times)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: For all you simpe users out there.....
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 14, 04:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE reads all 4 of my neighborhoods (one with almost noone in it, pleasantvilleorviewwhichever with a few custom, a slightly more played one, and an older one I know is broke, with all the CAS made or ingame born characters as unknowns. I've reinstalled it twice and it's still doing it... I am using a (not the main) separate user account, and so have to find the folder for it, but when I do that it does understand the names of the neighborhoods... just not apparently the playable characters. I'm still figuring I broke simPE and not all 4 neighborhoods as otherwise most of them play fine. Or maybe I'm just not understanding how to do it right, but it still seems like it shouldn't all be full of unknowns.

hmmm you could try moving the "main account" my docs files out and placeing your non-main in, and then checking them with simpe, sounds like it is truly confused
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 14, 04:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmer down, Flowerchile, it was an unfortunate quoting error.  Pescado originally said it.
I'm simmed...I also FORGOT to put in a smiley face, sorry Tgdrysix, it was only meant lightheartedly.  As for ya dog, all animals have to go before their owners, it's a shitty fact of life but that's the downside of owning pets..  Lips sealed

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 14, 05:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmer down, Flowerchile, it was an unfortunate quoting error.  Pescado originally said it.
Repetition sucks don't it?  Roll Eyes But I had to put that in again as I didn't see anything that  looked like an old quote in Tgdrysix's post. Have been looking for the last 20 minutes trying to see what I missed,  with glasses ON this time, I found it, but I don't normally read every post, just skim through so if it aint there in purple, I don't see it.  I'll look more carefully next time! Grin

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 14, 05:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: J.M. Pescado
The Insimenator kills puppies, you sick bastard.
Pescado said that here.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 14, 06:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Blue, I followed one link earlier but no JM. (Reply No.Cool Oh well, no harm done, I'll learn how to read properly and Tgdrysix can learn to quote. Grin

Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 14, 14:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm simmed...I also FORGOT to put in a smiley face, sorry Tgdrysix, it was only meant lightheartedly.  As for ya dog, all animals have to go before their owners, it's a shitty fact of life but that's the downside of owning pets..  Lips sealed

No worries.... Grin....the problem is she just won't go....and it's getting closer to the point were I'll be the one who has to "bring her in"  (vet's)....and have to "encourage her" to go  Cry ...everyone else here is too chicken....why do Mom's have all the dirty jobs?!! Angry tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 14, 14:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Blue, I followed one link earlier but no JM. (Reply No.Cool Oh well, no harm done, I'll learn how to read properly and Tgdrysix can learn to quote. Grin
Here it is:

Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 14, 16:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying....not the most computer savvy person here...give me a break...sheesh.... Wink Grin
 * I really didn't know how to post a link to another link so sorry for the confusion* will try to do better next time....lol....tgdrysix

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 15, 05:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying....not the most computer savvy person here...give me a break...sheesh.... Wink Grin
 * I really didn't know how to post a link to another link so sorry for the confusion* will try to do better next time....lol....tgdrysix
From what I've read Tgdrysix, you're more computer savvy than me!! Grin  Half of the in depth computer shit that is discussed is way over my head. Roll Eyes
Thanks Rainbow, I did find it,  I'm just glad it's all over now.  Can get back to normal.  Dare I say WOO HOO!!! Grin 

Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 15, 14:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[/quote]From what I've read Tgdrysix, you're more computer savvy than me!! Grin  Half of the in depth computer shit that is discussed is way over my head. Roll Eyes
Thanks Rainbow, I did find it,  I'm just glad it's all over now.  Can get back to normal.  Dare I say WOO HOO!!! Grin 
[/quote]

NOT....at least you have an avatar....I don't even know how to begin to have one show up!!! Embarrassed...and don't feel bad about not knowing what others are talking about computer wise...alot of what they say goes right over my head and the rest just makes it spin... Huh Undecided

And to bring things a bit back on  topic....anyone have trouble with Simpe not responding?
The couple times I used it after I shut the program down , doing anything else on my computer was very very slow to work....even getting online...so I shut down my pc (which I don't usually do, I leave it on pretty much all the time) and up popped the "program not responding" message and it was Simpe.  Now granted I'm just learning how to use this program and had a tutorital going at the same time and was doing alot of clicking back and forth but I didn't think that should cause an issue....I was switching between neighborhoods alot...this happened to me twice....I haven't
 run it since....could I have a bad Simpe install? The actual program seems to work okay...I did add that memory editing plugin but I don't think that's the issue cause this happen before and again after I did this...thanks, tgdrysix

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 15, 14:15:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had the same issues with Simpe. Two things appeared to fix, either it eventually shut completely down on its own, like an hour or so later, and the other was to fire up simpe again and not actually do anything but look at a file then close it down by closing the file and and and then choosing exit. I dont really know if that matters or not but has taken care of the problem when it decides to start lagging my machine.

Speaking of machine...I have parts to purchase woo!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 15, 18:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that problem before with a previous version of SimPE.  I haven't had it recently though.  Do you have the most recent version?  Sometimes I would have to "end process" on SimPE because it would still be running even though it appeared to be closed.  You can do this by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del (or right clicking the Taskbar and clicking Task Manager) and then clicking on the Processes tab.  It helps to click the Image Name column heading to sort alphabetically so you can find SimPE.exe.  Just select it, and then click End Task.  It will say, Are you sure, this can cause instability, blah blah.  Just click yes, as long as you've already tried closing it properly.  If it is hanging on in the background, this is the only way to get rid of it and keep it from slowing your computer down without having to reboot.  That is essentially what you're doing anyway when you have to click "End task" on the "Program not responding" message that pops up when you're shutting down the computer.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 15, 19:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If SimPE crashes on me I always have to reboot. It completely freezes Windows even after killing the process.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 15, 19:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that happen to me too, but not lately.  I guess I've been lucky.  *knocks on wood*  There was one release that I had problems with it freezing every time I tried to save after making several changes.  Fortunately, it saved the changes although I had to end task.  I asked Quaxi about it, but he had no idea how to reproduce the error since it wasn't happening for him.  The next release or so after that seemed to solve whatever the problem was for me.  I guess we have to remember that as awesome as SimPE is, it is alpha software and may always be.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 15, 23:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well as long as I'm not the only one having issues....just wanted to be sure it wasn't something that I did wrong....I'll keep using the install I have now and be aware that if my computer starts running slow I need to check with task mananger....I do have the most recent version of simpe....thanks again, tgdrysix

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 15, 23:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it always helps to know you're not alone.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: