More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 21:57:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  For all you simpe users out there.....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For all you simpe users out there.....  (Read 14864 times)
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
For all you simpe users out there.....
« on: 2006 February 13, 18:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anyone have a Mr. Potato Head in your NPC list of sims? Shocked
Please bare with me cause I'm very new to simpe and was reading a tutorial and following along with its instructions....the neighborhood I selected is a custom one and the sim I'm viewing is one that I imported from Pleasentview before I knew not to do that....anyway I'm looking at the sim's relations and when I got to the NCP list there he was...Mr. Potato Head in all his glory....should I be concerned?  Undecided Thanks, Tgdrysix

Edit: He's not in the NPC list but in the Townie list....

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Re: For all you simpe users out there.....
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 13, 18:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes. i have him too.  Cheesy
don't know why though.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 13, 18:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a few of those too, I noticed.  I didn't do anything with it, but shortly after that my neighbourhood blew up into a BFBVFS.  However, I don't think they were related.

I'd be interested to see if anyone knows why, though.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 13, 18:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always end up with one 'Unknown' Sim in my 'hoods with the potato head picture. More than one is a sign of BFBVFS-age though.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 13, 19:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay thanks again .... it just startled me and I feared the worst (you know the BFBVFOS) .... goes back to poking around Simpe.....Oh and for all you puppy killing insim. users...insim does have quite a few of the functions of simpe and usable ingame....hum....I think that makes insim a bit more awesome in my books.... Cheesy..... Tgdrysix

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 13, 19:08:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The inSim (object version) is in fact even safer to use than the awesome inTeen, as the inSim is based in one single object which leaves the rest of the game alone. The other versions are slightly more risky but still safe enough.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 13, 19:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think all of us here could be grouped into puppy killers or what have you, because many of us use either/or InTeen and InSiminator and really like them.  Wink

Sometime back I had a neighborhood with quite a few of the potato heads.  It seemed to me they were almost like placeholders for some of the non-selectable NPCs (grim reaper, hula girls, shrink, so on and so forth).  It was a neighborhood in which I had done a bunch of weird things with SimPE.  In neighborhoods since then I've only seen the one (and I try to now stay away with doing weird things with SimPE. LOL)

Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 13, 19:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The inSim (object version) is in fact even safer to use than the awesome inTeen, as the inSim is based in one single object which leaves the rest of the game alone. The other versions are slightly more risky but still safe enough.

and alot easier to figure out than simpe....man I just want to checkout some sims'  memories and see if I have any corrupt ones...not that I'd know what they would look like but anyway I gotta figure out how to use this thing first..... Angry Tgdrysix

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 13, 20:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tgdrysix, the memory editor simpe plugin is really wonderful for cleaning up the memories

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2590.0

Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 13, 20:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

tgdrysix, the memory editor simpe plugin is really wonderful for cleaning up the memories

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2590.0

Thanks I'll  give it a look see...will it tell me what memories I need to delete? Tgdrysix

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 13, 21:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope, better!

it will "fix memories" and get rid of any corrupt or spam ones  Grin (with one click on the "fix memories" button)
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 13, 21:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope, better!

it will "fix memories" and get rid of any corrupt or spam ones  Grin (with one click on the "fix memories" button)

Thanks again I installed it but haven't "poked" around with it yet....sigh....something else I have to learn how to use....as soon as I figure out how to get to the memories in simpe that is..... Roll Eyes tgdrysix

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 13, 21:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope, better!

Thanks again I installed it but haven't "poked" around with it yet....sigh....something else I have to learn how to use....as soon as I figure out how to get to the memories in simpe that is..... Roll Eyes tgdrysix

Open the neighbourhood that you want to fix the memories in.  Then Under the Resource Tree  - for me it is a box in the top left of my screen - and scroll down.  The one you want is Neighbourhood/Memory.  Click on that and then select neigbourhood/memory in the box next to it.  This opens up the memories of all of your sims.

Memories are cool - if you click on the some of the children e.g. Alexander Goth you will see that they have an invisible Aspiration - maybe first or second in their list - and that is what the game has set as their 'best' aspiration.  NPCs or townies won't have this little gem.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 13, 21:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plugins - Neighborhood Browser

pick your hood

then select (on the left)
Neighborhood/Memory (then select the neighborhood memory file on the right)

wait for it to do its loading thing

then select a sim

If you have the memory plugin already set up then you will see down near the bottom (middle) "up" "down" "nuke memorys"  and below that(slightly to the right) "fix memorys" click it and it will fix all the memorys in that entire hood.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 13, 22:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

pick your hood

then select a sim

If you have the memory plugin already set up then you will see down near the bottom (middle) "up" "down" "nuke memorys"  and below that(slightly to the right) "fix memorys" click it and it will fix all the memorys in that entire hood.

Am doing that right now....crossing fingers hoping I don't blow up my hood...tgdrysix

nope, better!

Open the neighbourhood that you want to fix the memories in.  Then Under the Resource Tree  - for me it is a box in the top left of my screen - and scroll down.  The one you want is Neighbourhood/Memory.  Click on that and then select neigbourhood/memory in the box next to it.  This opens up the memories of all of your sims.

Memories are cool - if you click on the some of the children e.g. Alexander Goth you will see that they have an invisible Aspiration - maybe first or second in their list - and that is what the game has set as their 'best' aspiration.  NPCs or townies won't have this little gem.

Thankyou for helping me find my way around this program...fixing to fix some memories....tgdrysix

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 13, 22:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Memories are cool

yes they are, I like just looking thru them sometimes *laughs*

Am doing that right now....crossing fingers hoping I don't blow up my hood...tgdrysix

Thankyou for helping me find my way around this program...fixing to fix some memories....tgdrysix

well that the great thing about backups, as long as you do have backups then you can "play around learning how to do stuff in simpe" all you want

Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 13, 22:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

{well that the great thing about backups, as long as you do have backups then you can "play around learning how to do stuff in simpe" all you want}

And play I did....don't know the outcome yet and it maynot be till tomorrow before I can find out... I used the "nuke all" function on a few sims I had moved to another hood before I knew better and a family my niece had "made and played" that I deleted so I guess I'll soon find out if I messed anything up....I do have a recent backup that I can use if I need too...I've played a few days since then but nothing too major that I couldn't do over.... as soon as I'm able to check my game to see if all is well or not....I'm going to try that "fix memories" button next time...I guess you can teach old dogs new tricks after all....lol...tgdrysix

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 13, 22:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it's kittens, not puppies.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 13, 22:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kittens for inteen and puppies for insim.... Roll Eyes  I just wish it was for older dogs too! Tongue Tgdrysix

Edit again:

Re: Reputable lot-specific jealousy tweaker?
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 02:35:04 AM »
Quote from: GloamingMerle on February 12, 2006, 02:06:08 AM
Thank goodness the death of innocent kittens only applies to the Inteenimator! I now have the Insimenator, which I never would have imagined downloading before now.. I was desperate! Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond, I appreciate it.

The Insimenator kills puppies, you sick bastard.

« Last Edit: 2006 February 13, 22:59:01 by Tgdrysix » Logged

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 13, 23:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kittens for inteen and puppies for insim.... Roll Eyes  I just wish it was for older dogs too! Tongue Tgdrysix

Edit again:

Thank goodness the death of innocent kittens only applies to the Inteenimator! I now have the Insimenator, which I never would have imagined downloading before now.. I was desperate! Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond, I appreciate it.

And I use both with utter disregard to recycled FARK cliches puppies and kittens, muahahaha!  Lips sealed
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 14, 00:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit again:

Funny, you calling someone you don't know a sick bastard, when YOU want a hack that will be responsible for killing older dogs!!!  And then you download the inteenimator... Whos the sick bastard

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 14, 01:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit again:

Funny, you calling someone you don't know a sick bastard, when YOU want a hack that will be responsible for killing older dogs!!!  And then you download the inteenimator... Whos the sick bastard

I DIDN'T call anyone a "sick bastard"!!!! Go read the post it was JM doing the name calling....and I  don't have inteen I have insim.....the one that kills puppies not older dogs....so my older dog has absolutely nothing to fear from the insim....I just would like her to go to the "light" on her own so I don't have to actually "cause" it myself....see not to much a "sick bastard"....maybe a sick bitch since I 'm female..... Tongue tgdrysix

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 14, 02:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simmer down, Flowerchile, it was an unfortunate quoting error.  Pescado originally said it.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 14, 04:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimPE reads all 4 of my neighborhoods (one with almost noone in it, pleasantvilleorviewwhichever with a few custom, a slightly more played one, and an older one I know is broke, with all the CAS made or ingame born characters as unknowns. I've reinstalled it twice and it's still doing it... I am using a (not the main) separate user account, and so have to find the folder for it, but when I do that it does understand the names of the neighborhoods... just not apparently the playable characters. I'm still figuring I broke simPE and not all 4 neighborhoods as otherwise most of them play fine. Or maybe I'm just not understanding how to do it right, but it still seems like it shouldn't all be full of unknowns.

Unsouper
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 14, 04:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okkkkkkkkk....back on topic

from my earlier post (wanted to add a couple steps to it)

---

pick your hood

then select a sim Edited step - you don't have to select any sim

If you have the memory plugin already set up then you will see down near the bottom (middle) "up" "down" "nuke all"  and below that(slightly to the right) "fix memorys" click it and it will fix all the memorys in that entire hood.

after clicking "fix memories" remember to hit "commit" (bottom right corner)
and then remember to "save"

---

yes, I forgot to "commit" and "save" after "fixing memories" this evening  Roll Eyes  - after I deleted tons of fugly Maxis townies and dormies and the Maxis Uni students.

All fixed now though  Grin  I even got rid of some other sims that I perfered to have not existed (Cassandra/Alexander/Angela/Lilith/Dirk/Dustin/Beau) since they weren't the true children of their parents, so now their familys have no memories of them at all and they aren't taking up space in my characters folder Cool  *laughs*

Extra note about deleting sims that have family - make sure the sim you wish to get rid of is not living with someone, best to kill them or move them out to the bin first.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: