More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 13:26:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "Cursed" Monday...:)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Cursed" Monday...:)  (Read 16853 times)
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
Re: "Cursed" Monday...:)
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 29, 13:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just yesterday, one of my Sims got annoyed by her employer for not turning up for her Cat Burglar job, when she'd just got home and been promoted from Bank Robber.  This was on a Monday too.

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 29, 16:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not a glitch, that's how it's designed to work.  It even says this in the Prima Guide (which has been known to be wrong, but is right in this case.)  If you don't want the mother to go to work, just cancel it out of her queue.  She will get paid for a vacation day.  If you want to save her vacation days, either have her go to work or call in sick.  But she won't go to work if there is no one to care for the baby.  She will say something about having responsibilities but can't bring herself to leave the little ones alone.  Unless you have JM's social worker hack, that is.  It's good to note that if both parents or a teen is home when the mom goes to work, the last one to leave will not be able to leave for work or school unless you hire a nanny or something.

* blush *

Certainly not the first baby I've had, how did this seem wrong to me?  *scratches head*

Must have been a brain fart.  Thanks!

--------------------

edit - come to think of it, it may very well be the first time I've had a birth on the mother's work day. The baby is just born, there's all of this confusion in the house, the extended family is still standing around and my Sim mother twirls around and whips into her work clothes.  There's dedicated and then there's nuts.  Thank heavens Grandpa was holding the newborn or she might very well have dropped the baby on the floor.

Still blushing.....
« Last Edit: 2005 October 29, 16:28:16 by windy_moon » Logged

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 29, 16:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just yesterday, one of my Sims got annoyed by her employer for not turning up for her Cat Burglar job, when she'd just got home and been promoted from Bank Robber.  This was on a Monday too.
thats normal the marquee saying Mrs so and so has been promoted  from bank robber to cat burglar always gets the rest of the day off as once gone the carpool doesnt return. I have NL so I outfit my sims with a car as soon as possible that way if a promotion occurs and the new hours mean Ms. Sim should still be at work I click on the car and send my sim back to work.Ive gotten two promotion  in one day for a sim by doing that

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 29, 20:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have always tried to get my Sims pregnant just before having a few days off, because they've been getting paid, even if they weren't scheduled to work, from the very beginning.

Now, I usually have my Sims fairly high in their career, which would mean they'd have vacation days accrued, before they ever got pregnant.  If your Sims actually weren't getting paid, this may be the reason.

I've heard it said (presumably here) that Natural Scientists at the top of their career (Ecological Guru) can earn $70,000 a week from well-timed pregnancies. I'm under the impression that, if the sim is pregnant on a day she'd normally work, then she will be paid maternity pay for 3 days following plus the "stay at home & look after new baby" pay for the next 3 days. Thus if your Ecological Guru goes to work pregnant on Wednesday (her only work day), she'll then get the next 6 days paid - even though she wouldn't normally work on these days.

I suspect that people who are finding their sims aren't getting the full 3 days of paid maternity are also people who are getting their sims pregnant on a non-work day Smiley. While it makes sense to do this so the sims get a day to rest (especially with the pregnancy mystery choking death bug that is supposedly now fixed), it must be stopping them from getting a "free" day's pay. That's my guess, anyway.

I'm not sure what happens with pregnant men - they don't normally get maternity pay, do they? But they do get the "stay at home for childcare" vacation. 

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 29, 23:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have always tried to get my Sims pregnant just before having a few days off, because they've been getting paid, even if they weren't scheduled to work, from the very beginning.

Now, I usually have my Sims fairly high in their career, which would mean they'd have vacation days accrued, before they ever got pregnant.  If your Sims actually weren't getting paid, this may be the reason.

I've heard it said (presumably here) that Natural Scientists at the top of their career (Ecological Guru) can earn $70,000 a week from well-timed pregnancies. I'm under the impression that, if the sim is pregnant on a day she'd normally work, then she will be paid maternity pay for 3 days following plus the "stay at home & look after new baby" pay for the next 3 days. Thus if your Ecological Guru goes to work pregnant on Wednesday (her only work day), she'll then get the next 6 days paid - even though she wouldn't normally work on these days.

I suspect that people who are finding their sims aren't getting the full 3 days of paid maternity are also people who are getting their sims pregnant on a non-work day Smiley. While it makes sense to do this so the sims get a day to rest (especially with the pregnancy mystery choking death bug that is supposedly now fixed), it must be stopping them from getting a "free" day's pay. That's my guess, anyway.

I'm not sure what happens with pregnant men - they don't normally get maternity pay, do they? But they do get the "stay at home for childcare" vacation. 
if a man is pregnant they get maternity pay. i have never gotten the vacation time for my sims since I got the base game in 2004. dont know why that glitch occurs in my game but it does

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 30, 00:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the days off were in the form of the vacation days. You could chose to take the days off using vacations days or go to work and use the vacation days later whenever you wanted.

ISFJ
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 30, 01:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the days off were in the form of the vacation days. You could chose to take the days off using vacations days or go to work and use the vacation days later whenever you wanted.
That's right.  Whe the sim is pregnant, the carpool does not come.  After the baby is born, the sim receives 3 days of vacation, presumably for taking care of the baby, but she does not have to take them.  My family sim who had 10 babies had about 18 days of vacation saved up that she had never used because someone was usually there to care for the kids after the first ones grew up, between weekends, and her and her husband's days off..
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 30, 01:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they are my sims just never get them period.in any form usually it doesnt really matter as my sims are fairly high up the career ladder  so  they already have a ton of vacation days available.I never use the vacation days any way where is my sim going to have a vacation at anyway? I had an elder die with 30 vacation days available since he never ever retired from his job. he went to work when he was scheduled to work raised ten kids hit the top of 3 careers and was permaplat 4 times over .his last career he started two days before he turned into an elder. and had hit the top 6 days before the grim reaper showed up. I moved his platinum headstone to the cemetary only to have it turn into a plain old gray headstone when I got to the cemetary to move it in. yet another bug that should be fixed. Cry

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: