More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 12:42:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Help?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Help?  (Read 4331 times)
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Help?
« on: 2005 October 29, 04:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing exactly no hacks and no custom content since the last time I played, I suddenly get jump bugs whenever a sim uses a cell phone for anything, and--a lot more worrisome--the game will not save properly. I save and quit (on a university lot), and when I come back, the semester counter has reset back to not-quite-the-beginning (68 hours) and the sim that has graduated and moved out is back. But the clock is at whatever time it was when I saved.

I'm attaching an error log of the jump bug in hopes that someone who knows how to read them can tell me what is causing this.

ETA: I did recently install the phonehack from the NL test directory on here. It was the first logical suspect so I took it out. No good.

[attachment deleted by admin]
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Help?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 29, 04:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did you save and quit game while cell phone was in use?
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 29, 04:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I'm so careful about not doing that that it's automatic that I check "nobody on a cell phone?" before I quit.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 29, 04:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download the Clean Installer from Mod the Sims 2 - the phone hack, even if you remove it, has many duplications in the game. Why - I don't know, but I deleted too the phone hack, and found two or three red lines "phone - line controller", which I had to delete too.
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 29, 04:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I had SimPE open. On about my 5th try to fix this bug, I realized having SimPE open might possibly be an issue. I closed it, no cell phone bug. I'm willing to bet it also screws with the ability to save the game. I will rip my own lips off to save everyone else the trouble.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 29, 17:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they're both trying to use the same files, so it would be bound to cause problems!  I've had similar issues when I've tried to load SimPE too soon after closing my game.  Then it's SimPE that gets stuck, and when I check with ctrl/alt/del it says the programs are not responding.

Zephyr Zodiac
katemonster
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 29, 17:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could have sworn SimPE used to yell at you if you tried to open the game while it was running, and not let you. I just didn't notice it was open until I had rearranged all my hacks, posted here, moved around stuff that had nothign to do with the game, etc. Then I saw it and was like "uhhhh..."
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 29, 18:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's actually an option to load the game somewhere on SimPE!  I imagine if you're running with 2GB of RAM and a mega powerful CPU, then your PC would cope with both running at once, especially as object creators etc. quite often load the game in a Window, but for us more ordinary mortals, it's a bit confusing. 

But at least you've solved your problem.  As to mobile phones,  I use TwoJeffs Electronics etc. hack which allows you to give out phones etc, or take them away again, which is very useful.  I lost a beautiful house through saving and exiting while someone was still on the phone!  So now I'm super-careful!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 29, 20:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could have sworn SimPE used to yell at you if you tried to open the game while it was running, and not let you. I just didn't notice it was open until I had rearranged all my hacks, posted here, moved around stuff that had nothign to do with the game, etc. Then I saw it and was like "uhhhh..."

I did, too! Simpe used to yell that the files were already in use. Please close down any programs that might be using them and try again.
That not the case, anymore? 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 29, 20:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno - I never tried it since I got .49 whatever!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: