More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 22:07:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stay away from that expresso machine!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stay away from that expresso machine!  (Read 20739 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Stay away from that expresso machine!
« Reply #50 on: 2005 July 28, 16:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A bit like kids!
And I hate kids!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 July 28, 16:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't you know!

Zephyr Zodiac
nothingbutsims
« Reply #52 on: 2005 July 29, 10:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim kids drive me crazy - they're worse than my own.  If I ever caught my kids jumping on my bed or my couch, or worse yet, splashing in the skanky water that has just overflowed from the toilet, I'd knock 'em silly!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 July 29, 10:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That only happens when you don't properly rule with an iron fist. Otherwise you'll catch them peeing their pants and then splashing in their own pee.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #54 on: 2005 July 29, 10:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's disgusting! . . . and Maxis has actually programmed the parents to lecture babies when they crap in their diapers but do nothing when the kids play in toilet water or pee, or what have you.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 July 29, 11:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, what can you expect when Will Wright is no longer there to keep the overgrown teenagers at Maxis in line!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 July 29, 11:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it existed in TS1, also. The fundamental shortcoming is the failure of the game to distinguish between ordinary puddles of water and puddles of piss...which should be more yellow than blue.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 July 29, 11:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But Sims 1 kids could usually be got to mop it up without making a song and dance about it!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 July 29, 12:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never seen the "song and dance" routine. TS1 definitely allowed you to use kids more as slave labor, though.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 July 29, 18:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, "making a song and dance" about something is slang here for making a fuss!

Zephyr Zodiac
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 June 15, 15:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought Sims did "learn" from what you have them do somehow  Undecided.  Usually I play with free will on although I control most of what they do anyway until they turn perma plat.  By then I am tired of them and let them go about their business in hopes they will kill themselves but they NEVER do.  Which is REALLY annoying.  Mostly the old farts just relax in bed all day, jump up with a bladder or hunger bubble if that's the lowest motive and then lay back down because it is not low enough.

I do notice however that if I have them always eat the same food their whole lives they will autonomously go to make that food when they are hungry (usually chef salad since I avoid those annoying cooking fires).  They also will jump in the shower and go to the bathroom much earlier than when I first got them so no need ever gets really low and the only reason I could think of is because they had done the same routines all their little Sim lives under my control.

I think some Sims seem to do what makes sense because we have "rigged" their wants to make sense based on what we buy them, what we have them eat and who we have them talk to.  It took me forever to figure out not to have them talk to random strangers to avoid the "be friends with random guy I waved to at the mailbox"
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: