More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 20:24:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  missing expansion packs = missing Life Time Wants?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: missing expansion packs = missing Life Time Wants?  (Read 20755 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
missing expansion packs = missing Life Time Wants?
« on: 2006 November 05, 11:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I added OFB straight to base game and it looks like I haven't got a full set of LifeTimeWants.  Can anyone else who's missing an EP or two confirm or refute that?  I suspect it's not having Uni that's the problem. 

I've got max 5 businessess.  I've got all the family sim LTWs apart from the obvious 6 College graduates one.  My other sims are only throwing career LTWs.  The count related LTWs like - max 5 skills and make 30 best friends, woohoo X sims - are there as wants, but NOT as LTWs.  DK if that's "as intended", deliberate, accidental or just not true.   The count ones aren't coming up on the Logdebugger no matter how many times I re-roll. I've got saner LTW in as well, but it doesn't look to Pescado or me as if that's the problem.   I have never seen these wants in my game and it's a large hood. 

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: missing expansion packs = missing Life Time Wants?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 05, 13:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would guess that their icon resources only existed in Uni, so they're unavailable outside of Uni.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 05, 13:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm this. During my last re-install I left out uni, and I haven't got a full set of LTW either. The " x college graduates/ x lovers/ x woohoos/ 7 max skills" LTW all require uni. Which sucks because I get tired of my romance sims not aspiring to be greatest sluts ever anymore, I have enough celebrity chefs in my neighbourhood thank you very much. Angry

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 07, 08:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the posters on the old Sims1 board has base game and NL.  She says she has these LTWs in her game.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 07, 08:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to remember that I had them as well, with only NL and the base game... although I don't remember if I ever got the "have x lovers" LTW. I wonder why they'd be removed from OFB?

I'm afraid, however, that I can't confirm it for you anymore.

FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 08, 02:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took out Uni after playing for an hour or so, and returned to my NL-only game.  The LTWs I got (by aspiration) are:

Family - Captain Hero, Marry Off 6 Kids, Golden Anniversary
Knowledge - Chief of Staff, Mad Scientist, Criminal Mastermind
Pleasure - 50 First, 50 Dream, Pro Party Guest
Popularity - Mayor, General, Captain Hero
Romance - PPG, Celebrity Chef, Hall of Famer
Wealth - Chief of Staff, Tycoon, Criminal Mastermind and (with OFB) 5 Top Businesses

I also see wants to Influence to Prank and teen-adult dancing.  Can teens and adults dance together in Uni?
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 08, 03:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the same problems. I even made a thread in insim.net to discuss it. I have base + NL + OFB + Pets.

Are you sure the 20 simultaneous best friend/lovers/woohoo is UNI-only? ): That's a little disappointing.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 08, 08:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like you need Uni to ensure you get those missing wants then.  At least I know I'm not delusional now!  Thanks to FrickinIdjit for that list - mine is the same and I just realised I am missing "have 6 grandchildren" from the family sim wants.  That would be a nice one for elders.  I guess we all have 'hoods full of career dedicated sims with family sims providing the only light relief Roll Eyes + pleasure if you have NL.

Do we think Maxis intended us to have a cut down set or was it accidental? 
Given 2 people say base game + NL is OK, one person says it's not if you add OFB and Pets on top and one person says uninstalling Uni to leave base+NL is not, I'd bet on accidental myself.  4's not a very big sample of course. 

I would guess that their icon resources only existed in Uni, so they're unavailable outside of Uni.
We have these as wants.  Isn't the same icon used for the want and the LTW?
Is it likely to be fixable if it was OK in Nightlife, but not OFB?

I have wants to slow dance, but no slow dance.  got an error message on dancing the other day.. not sure why.

reason for edit - improved logic!
« Last Edit: 2006 November 08, 11:33:54 by cwykes » Logged

Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 08, 20:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Maxis should really rethink their testing process before releasing the game.  Undecided

Anyhow, looks like those wants are UNI-only. If that's the case, then there should be a simple solution to the problem: Request a god-modder to implant those Wants using Simpe! They did it with the UNI careers, so it should be possible with 20 woohoo/lovers/bfs too.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 09, 06:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that it requires hacking core game files... and you can only have one such hack at a time.

I guess that it is possible that you may be able to talk squinge into doing it, but it's this type of game mod that Pescado will stay well clear of.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 09, 11:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But two people say they had these wants with base game and NL......  The poster on my other board and Ellatrue.

If it's deliberate on Maxis part, then yes you'd have to modify the game files which I don't like either.
But if it's an accident and something like a few icons are missing causing the LTWs not to roll, then it might be fixable by adding or replacing a look up file of some sort either in downloads or the program folders.   That I could live with.

EDIT - I read on the sims2 board that Uni careers were LTWs in Uni, but not LTWs once you added NL.  Snooty confirms it and I realise I have seen people complaining about it before, but not understood the post.  If I remember Maxis claimed to leave them out because not all sims could achieve them.  This sounds like part of the same mess to me!
« Last Edit: 2006 November 09, 12:38:39 by cwykes » Logged

Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 09, 15:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The prima guide said that the uni careers were legit LTW's, and many people seem to have gotten the idea from that, but even back in Uni they never showed up.  Removing them as wants in NL would be doubly silly, as NL introduced  the object that would actually make uni-based LTW's viable.  But in a surprising moment of good design at the time those LTW's were left out of the game, and it's unlikely that EA will go back and clean up any of their little oversights from past EP's.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 09, 15:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Snooty is wrong as well.  That's not usual - sorry.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 13, 22:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - Today I changed an LTW in simPE to one of the ones that never shows up normally.  A family sim now has 6 grandchildren as her LTW.  It's there in game, no error messages - haven't achieved it yet - her oldest kid is still a teen, but that says at least that icon is there and works as an LTW.  So why doesn't it roll normally as an LTW or show on the lotdebugger as an option when you cycle wants?Huh?

I can't change the LTWs on my elders with no wants because SimPE doesn't seem to let you replace nothing with something.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 14, 03:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using Pescado's 'ltwvariety' hack?  That may be preventing it from showing up.  Come to think of it, I haven't see the '6 grandchildren' LTW in a while, and I have it in my game.  My family sims usually get the 'Graduate 3 Children...' or 'Reach Golden Anniversary' wants.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 14, 07:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LTW variety kills the 6 grandchildren LTW for all but very new hoods.  Does the same thing to the marry off 6 children LTW.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 14, 07:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your hood's population is past the old "danger line", "6 children" will disappear first, followed by 6 grandchildren somewhat later, because those LTWs have become impossible due to neighborhood hazards.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 14, 12:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Uni or NL, so I didn't think even my main hood was up to the danger line - 400ish sims last time I looked.  Is that enough for LTW variety to kill that one in my game? 

Looks like I'll have to try setting the others in SimPE. I should probably take out LTW variety as well and then cycle through the wants on the debugger to see what shows and what doesn't.  If these wants showed in base+NL, it's bizarre that they are not there in base+OFB.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 20, 22:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - Today I changed an LTW in simPE to one of the ones that never shows up normally.  A family sim now has 6 grandchildren as her LTW.

This was just plain wrong.  SimPE lets me change the LTWs to all the missing ones, but they don't show up in game.  I must have confused the 6 grandkid icon with the marry 6 kids icon in game - saw what I wanted to see instead of what was there.  Embarrassed These wants are definitely NOT there in my game.  If it's as intended, I don't understand why some people have them with base game + NL, and someone with base +NL+OFB+Pets doesn't.  Whether it is "as intended" or buggy, my sims are stuck with career wants and all my elders apart from family sims are stuck with an unachievable career want or own 5 top businesses.  It sucks! Angry 

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 09, 16:06:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just added Seasons on top of OFB and I found a romance sim with the 20 woohoo LTW.  Rerolling it gave 20 loves, so it seems The Seasons has all the LTWs from Uni that were not included in OFB!  I'm more convinced than ever that the missing wants in OFB were just accidental.  Does anyone care but me?  probably not, but I wanted to add this footnote on the subject.

I'm still getting wants to slow dance even though I don't have slow dance.  That takes up 1 of the 4 wants most of the time on a community lot and it's annoying. 

rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 09, 19:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there needs to be a hack to stomp slow dance wants. the worst part of actually slow dancing is i've never seen them stop on their own, and then you can't queue another action after slow dance. you actually have to cancel the action. not to mention the low aspiration points. and of course it takes up the want slot that could be used for something more useful.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 09, 20:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, slow dance takes way too long to shuffle through compared to the payoff.
You can queue up actions behind it, but only if you hurry and add them to the queue before they start dancing.

I also wish there was something to stop sims from rolling "dine out with sim" wants when they are on lots with no restaurant.  If they leave the lot and go to a restaurant the want will re-roll anyway, unless you lock it.
Now this is turning into a hi-jack.  I'll go away.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 10, 01:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just added Seasons on top of OFB and I found a romance sim with the 20 woohoo LTW.  Rerolling it gave 20 loves, so it seems The Seasons has all the LTWs from Uni that were not included in OFB!

That's what happened for me.  For awhile I had the base game, NL and OFB--no Uni-- and I never saw Max 7 Skills, or the woohoo or so-many-loves LTWs.  Since I installed Seasons --still no Uni-- they roll up all the time, so it seems Seasons enables them. Which is way cool. For once.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 10, 02:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there needs to be a hack to stomp slow dance wants. the worst part of actually slow dancing is i've never seen them stop on their own, and then you can't queue another action after slow dance. you actually have to cancel the action. not to mention the low aspiration points. and of course it takes up the want slot that could be used for something more useful.
Slow dance wants is a trigger to another level tree wants(on date based) and to stomp this wants seems not very good idea. Smiley
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 10, 03:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slow dance wants is a trigger to another level tree wants(on date based) and to stomp this wants seems not very good idea. Smiley
It's still an annoying, time-consuming want that appears in all expansions since Nightlife, but it cannot be fulfilled without Nightlife.  I play a OFB-only game on my other computer and I get that want every time my sims go to a community lot.   Angry

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: