More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 22:45:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  stuff that need fixes (or is there already a fix?)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: stuff that need fixes (or is there already a fix?)  (Read 11289 times)
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
stuff that need fixes (or is there already a fix?)
« on: 2007 February 05, 03:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just noticed some stuff not working properly in the game and i wonder someone has already made a fix.

1 - My sim constantly rolls the want : Buy Karaoke machine. no matter how many karaoke machines i buy, this want is not fulfilled.
2 - Grampa wants a grandchild. Granchild is born in another lot. Grampa want is not fulfilled???
3 - This one is specificaly for Syberspunk: Is there a Pets compatible version of the ownablecarpoolcommlotfix ?
4 - [EDITTED] Hottubes: if a guest get in the tube, he just stays there all day long
5 - What's up with bars? I can't make drinks or else every sim on the lot will flock the bar, even if they have low needs.
6 - Why are servos allowed to drink and eat?? is there a hack to prevent them from doing these?

Also i'd like some advice on how to do the folowing:
7 - how do i make a sim do yoga on a endtable?
8 - how do i get the family reunion memory?
« Last Edit: 2007 February 05, 04:22:31 by linolino » Logged
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: stuff that need fixes (or is there already a fix?)
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 05, 03:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

7 - how do i make a sim do yoga on a endtable?

7 - I think you click on a coffee table (not end table) and it only appears as an option if the sim's logic is high enough.
8 - Invite everyone over for a party - I use Inge teleporter shrub to get everyone there.  I think you have to have some sort of party for it to appear (might be wrong about that).  I don't think it will happen if you just invite them all over for Sunday lunch.  I've had it with wedding and anniversary parties.  I wish the game had wakes/funerals.

Inteen for AL, yay!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 05, 04:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1 - bug in some game version. May be Pets.
2 - Are you sure it was not fulfilled? My elder got asp points from it, but rolled the same want back. Since I track all ASP scores I knew this want was fulfilled.
3 - /
4 - Visitors can use baths? You should be using BUY.
5 - Annoying eh? http://www.djssims.com/index.php?skip=10&category=10 - get the less annoying bar drinks
6 - Because EAMaxis is lazy and Servos are stupidly implemented. And dunno.
7 - As per maxon
8 - As per maxon.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 05, 04:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1 - Since the karaoke machine was introduced with NL i'm guessing its a bug since NL. isn't there a mod somewhere to fix it?
2 - hum.. maybe, i dunno.... maybe he just rolled it again.

4 - Oh, i'm sorry i didn't mean the baths. I meant the Hottube and the Lovetub
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 05, 04:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

7. I believe the Sim needs 9 or 10 points in active to do Yoga on a coffee table. I've tried it with less active, and it didn't work. Once I upped the points the option became available. 

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 05, 04:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4 - Squingeland: http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=7014
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 05, 05:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

7. I believe the Sim needs 9 or 10 points in active to do Yoga on a coffee table. I've tried it with less active, and it didn't work. Once I upped the points the option became available. 

It also only works on certain coffee tables, not all of them.  I think the Moroccan looking one is one of them it works on.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 05, 07:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

8 - Invite everyone over for a party - I use Inge teleporter shrub to get everyone there.  I think you have to have some sort of party for it to appear (might be wrong about that).  I don't think it will happen if you just invite them all over for Sunday lunch.  I've had it with wedding and anniversary parties.  I wish the game had wakes/funerals.

A long time ago, back in the days of memory spam for family reunions, I got family reunion memories just for inviting several members of the family over to visit. I didn't like playing parties back then. I just wanted Cassandra's 6 children to know their grandfather & step-grandmother, their uncles & anyone else who was living in the Goth house at the time. I did this a lot and wound up with all of those children and relatives having several rows of family reunion memories for the rest of their lives.

So, my point is that you do not have to throw a party. Just invite several members of the same family over to the house. It should be much easier now that we have "Invite Household".

At the time that this I was getting the memories for family reunions I was playing the base game plus NL (I remember because they were bowling in the yard). I think this was back when OFB was just about to come out. I did not install Uni until after I played OFB for a while.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 05, 07:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it works this way anymore. This is the first time i have a born-in-game third generation of sims. so i have two households. one where the 4 grandparents live and one where their 2 sons live with theirs spouses and kids. i invited the hole household once, (2 sims didn't came) and i still didn't get the memory...

Oh and.. does anyone knows what could be causing the following bug in my game?
Everything related to pet's job is not working right for me. if i look up a pet's job on the newspaper or the computer, i get a dialog asking "is the pet going too?". Also when my pet got a promotion he arrived home and the dialog that pops up saying he got a promotion didn't have anything written in it. it was entirely blank.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 05, 08:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3 - This one is specificaly for Syberspunk: Is there a Pets compatible version of the ownablecarpoolcommlotfix ?

Maybe... if I get around to it this week, I'll just update it for updating's sake.  But Pescado has mentioned that this has been kind of wiggy and unreliable.  He suggests using a Group Outing (unscored) to specify which sims go to Comm Lots.

Also... I thought Squinge might have had a fix for Servo's eating or what not.  I could have imagined that tho. *shrugs*

Finally... I thought that Yoga is sort of a hidden skill (like Pool, Dancing, and Meditation, no?).  I figured you had to get really good at Yoga first before you can even try it out on coffee tables.  I could be wrong tho. *shrugs again*

Ste

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 05, 08:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also only works on certain coffee tables, not all of them.  I think the Moroccan looking one is one of them it works on.

You're right about that!  I used to have a list of tables that worked for Yoga, but it has been misplaced.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 05, 09:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure the karaoke machine bugginess shipped with Pets.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 05, 11:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure the karaoke machine bugginess shipped with Pets.

Yea, I only started seeing reports about it here after Pets came out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 05, 11:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Pescado's "no family re-union memory spam" hack (DK the name) you might not get the memory anyway....

Can I a question of my own?

Athletics career - the bus that comes for low/mid? level sims in the athletic career goes without them if you cancel the action out of their queue intending to fill a few wants and have them catch it with a few minutes to spare.  Is there a fix?  I had that problem in base game and I still have it in OFB.

Edit - thought of another one
Is there a fix for the mis-pricing of items taken straight out of the inventory?  Take a lot deed out of the inventory and price it at expensive, then look at it - you'll find it selling for a custom price just above the purchase price.  You have to move it in buy mode and then price it. It's irritating.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 05, 11:40:02 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 05, 13:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought doing yoga on a coffee table required high body skill points.  Like 8 or better?  I've had sims who hadn't done much yoga but had high body skill do yoga on the coffee table.  And I didn't know it mattered which table -  any time I had them try it, it worked.

I thought logic was for meditation.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
stormygsa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 05, 15:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I've been able to get a sim to do yoga on a coffee table was when I had a pregnant sim yoga throughout her pregnancy (she didn't have to go to the bathroom, etc. as much).  It took a looong time before it worked though.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 05, 15:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought doing yoga on a coffee table required high body skill points.  Like 8 or better?  I've had sims who hadn't done much yoga but had high body skill do yoga on the coffee table.  And I didn't know it mattered which table -  any time I had them try it, it worked.

I thought logic was for meditation.

You are right.  It takes high body and high active to do yoga on a table.  I can't for the life of me remember which tables it didn't work on ( maybe it was an issue with my game, but I did have a little list which is long gone) .  As you see, I haven't done it in a while.  Tongue

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 06, 03:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AHHH!! finally! I got a family reunion memory!!!! The strange though is that not everyone in the family got that memory...
And.. yes, i just looked into my downloads and i have the nofamilyreunionspam. must have downloaded it with the director's cut.

not luck with the yoga though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 06, 03:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not part of the current Director's Cut, so you're using outdated stuff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 February 06, 05:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have a list of tables that worked for Yoga, but it has been misplaced.

I know I've seen one on the TSR forums...  Tongue That's where I found out about the different yoga coffee tables, anyway.

linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 February 06, 10:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not part of the current Director's Cut, so you're using outdated stuff.

Yes, it must be old stuff... Why isn't it part of the current director's cut? is it not necessary anymore or something else?

---

SO, for what you've posted. my sim needs to be Highly Active, have lots of Body points and have practiced yoga for a long time?
Is yoga a hidden skill?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 February 06, 19:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the option to do yoga on a coffee table even though it was the first time I had ever even tried to do yoga in the game.  This was a few EPs ago so I don't know if it is still the same. I never do yoga, not understanding the benefits vs the amount of time spent on the activity.

Edit: I know that sim had 10 active because my Sims from Sims 1 would take forever to get out of bed if they had a low active so I made all my original Sims with max active. So I would say high activity may be a factor.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 06, 19:18:21 by magicmoon » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 February 06, 23:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say you need 9 active and 9 body, and one of the right tables to do yoga on it. It is what I gather from gameplay.
Pioupiou.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 February 07, 11:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is it only me that has trouble with that bus in the athletic career?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 February 07, 13:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have only had one sim who was in the athletic career long enough to get a bus carpool. She is relatively new and her household is so large and so chaotic that I usually never notice until she is gone that her carpool has arrived. I think I did cancel out her going to work once, but the intention was to keep her home that day so if the bus disappeared prematurely I did not notice.

I have been tinkering with my downloads folder for a week or so now so haven't played in a while. When I get back to my game, though, I will be watching my one athlete much more closely to see if this is a problem.

Sorry, cwykes, I can only offer sympathy and .... well, that's pretty much it.  Cheesy

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: