More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 22:45:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  wut EPs are teh bestest?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: wut EPs are teh bestest?  (Read 36119 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: wut EPs are teh bestest?
« Reply #50 on: 2009 April 12, 20:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Dodo grades the thread. MATYans barely pass. A bonus question is offered.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 April 13, 01:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I agree with witch  Cheesy.

Apparently I didn't read your post with the due attention, and I replied directly with generic assumptions in mind. Heh, my bad; althought my opinion stands still, generally speaking, it's definitely not applicable to the case in point.

You were right, and I acted stupidly; not a news, but still, I owe you an apologycaek.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 April 13, 02:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Dodo grades the thread. MATYans barely pass. A bonus question is offered.

Oh wait, I will go rush to grab my #2 pencils and hurry back to contribute to one of a half dozen threads on this subject, which is all about subjective opinion and not facts anyway.

I wouldn't want strangers to be all disappointed in MATY's lack of enthusiasm for their pet subject.

Also, what do you think about all the pee, Apartment Life's Witches, and Bella Goth's whereabouts? Please fill out this questionnaire in triplicate and write neatly.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 April 13, 09:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it infuriates me when people ask. Just do your own damn research, figure out what content each one adds to the game and decide for yourself which EPs you'd like best.
That has been my intent all along - research. If you feel the need to be infuriated because I've done what you say I should do, well then go ahead and be infuriated to your heart's content.

OH. I see. Research = asking everyone else what is in the EPs and waiting for us to tell you. My eyes have been opened!

I shall never again offer an opinion on the subject being discussed at the time rather than the original post, either, as clearly such behavior is unacceptable to Cyberdodo.
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 April 13, 15:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it infuriates me when people ask. Just do your own damn research, figure out what content each one adds to the game and decide for yourself which EPs you'd like best.
OH. I see. Research = asking everyone else what is in the EPs and waiting for us to tell you. My eyes have been opened!

I shall never again offer an opinion on the subject being discussed at the time rather than the original post, either, as clearly such behavior is unacceptable to Cyberdodo.

Jesus Christ. I bet people don't have to shit in your Shreddies. I bet you have a carton of shit that you pour on them every day yourself.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 April 13, 18:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be fair, Cyberdodo's question was very detailed about it's scope and goals, i.e. not the simple "what EP do you like".

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 April 13, 23:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be fair, Cyberdodo's question was very detailed about it's scope and goals, i.e. not the simple "what EP do you like".

Yes, but this isn't the first thread we've had on this topic.  Given that we've had so many similar threads, it was decided early on to make this a general, stickied thread.

The thread very quickly evolved into something beyond Dodo's original question, and it looks like Dodo hasn't understood that.  Apparently the concept of evolution passed Dodo by.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 April 14, 01:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well done Kyna! Set and match, I think.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 April 14, 14:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dangit, I'll never be a good bitch; too softy.

------
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2009 April 14, 20:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is a question that bears asking at intervals.  As we look back from a greater distance, it becomes more apparent which EPs have provided lasting pleasure than when one or the other seems newer and shinier.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 April 15, 04:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay here's my opinion, hopefully it pleases the dodo. I've actually never gave my opinion in these billion threads on the BBS or here so here goes.

Uni: College is really redundant and boring IMO. The only thing that makes it entertaining is when nouniprotect is in and the dormies die from not eating and staying out in the winter. The same old dormies get's so boring... you wonder how many times Benjamin longnose can graduate. The cow plant is a must but that just causes your game to clog up with useless dead sims. The greek houses and SS's are fun for the first few times but then it just becomes predictable. It is good for meeting a potential mate and extra time skilling but both of those can be done other ways. Resurrecting sims is also a must but this can be done with other methods in later packs.

NL: While this used to be perceived as the must needed addon by many, it's not anymore. Dates are redundant but it is nice when you get free crap. It's also entertaining to just piss some sim off to get a flaming bag of poo which I believe without the patch got stuck wherever it was placed sometimes. Car's were all the craze but they have since been marked as useless. Vampires are alright but it's annoying that they won't stay in their damn coffin in the day. I also hate that they don't age, the same old Sim everytime I boot the game up is so Sims 1. I do love the poker table though it annoys me when they won't stop being obsessed with it. Miss C is entertaining too, I have no idea why. It's hilarious to me to see some old bat that looks like shes hit the bottle a few too many times get excited about getting a strike bowling.

OFB: This is definitely one of my favorite packs. I love selling pointless crap to townies. The gameplay doesn't bore me because you can sell different crap, not the same old stuff. I also love the crafting items. I think this pack really comes alive when you add other packs to it for more crap to sell. I was surprised that Eaxis actually let us have home businesses... it seems like something they'd just over look. I make a majority of my businesses at home because I hate loading screens but it is annoying when they stop and go all the way up stairs to play with something in their house and it takes ages for them to get back down the stairs to help that customer. This is fixed with BRY as it teaches them how to satisfy motives then get back to work on their own which I couldn't live without. I also love the stages.

Pets: I was really excited for this one. I love animals and wanted my sims to have some too. I was, as with loads of other people, disappointed in it. I can tell they put a lot of work into the pets, they are nearly flawless in terms of AI and the animations are so real it's amazing... but I think they spent so much time getting that right and forgot to add more. I wanted more toys for the dogs. It was so disappointing they got one freaking bone to chew on... wow. And pet's don't need water now? Since when? The furniture that came with it isn't appealing to me either really. Unless you're really into staring at the pets and watching them do the same 1 or 2 things over and over, it's not worth it. Pet's is also where the game started really going down hill IMO. Crashes were around before but they changed something that made the game more taxing in Pets.

Seasons: My favorite EP of them all. I'm a big weather guy and this was the icing on my cake. I think they did the weather effects very very well. The thunder scares the hell out of me everytime! I love the gardening system and the special boosts you get during the different seasons. It seems like they took time to pay attention to detail in this EP and it showed. I love everything about it and the game isn't complete without it. Leftovers are a godsend! My one complaint is I think it was this EP or the patch to it that made townies pretty much immune and the problem got worse in FT. I want them to drop dead damnit!

Bon Voyage: Out of them all, I could definitely live without this one the most. The most boring EP caused the most drama with suckurrom (is that a new variation to it or am I not special?). The 3 destinations were done very very well, don't get me wrong. I think a lot of detail went into this pack too and the vacations are a lot of fun the first few times but after you've discovered everything, you tend to never go back. I also hate that they extend the sims life. I don't mind so much that Uni does that because they are skilling and it's helping but with the vacation it's pretty much pointless. If you take a sim you played through uni on a vacation like I have, you're so damn sick of that sim by the time they turn elder you're looking for ways to kill them. The unique dances, jewelry, souvenirs, food, and the momentos make it entertaining sometimes I suppose but once they learn a few of those thing's they won't stop doing them and you wish you had never bothered. The game engine seemed to take another hit here and this is where the memory leaks started and crashes got a lot worse. The beaches are nice but they cause lag. The walk to lot is awesome though.

FT: This one adds something to the sims that make them unique which I like. Hobbies are something unique to each sim which doesn't quite make them so redundant but the obsessive calling is. I like all the added benefits it adds. It seems like the most pointless pack ever and they really sucked at advertising it but it's pretty good. I don't think it had quite enough features to be an expansion pack which makes it lack but the stuff it did add was needed. I like the sports objects but it sucks more than one sim can't play basketball together. I think if they had focused a bit more on detail like they did with seasons, this one would be perfect.

AL: I haven't touched this one much yet to be honest. The apartments are nice and I like the idea of living with other sims. What I don't like is the neighbors never change so you live with the same people forever. I don't think it would have been hard to make them age and die off but then that would spawn more and more townies and send your game to hell. It would have been nice if they had made the townies already in the hood be the social groups. This pack seemed to do a good job in wrapping up what everyone wanted and they seemed to pay more attention to detail. The magic is like a mini game which is nice but the evil witch spawning a storm and roaches on my business lots all the time is beyond annoying. Thank god for the walk to school interaction. I just wish that damn bus wouldn't even come honking it's horn at me now. Overall I think this one is probably one of those that's needed because it gives your sims different living options that should have been in the base game IMO.

As if I haven't typed enough and you've probably quit reading by now, I'll quickly go through the stuff packs.

FFS: Pointless.

GL: I love this pack and use the stuff in it frequently but there's a few still unfixed bugs with a few of the objects that annoy me. I've been meaning to post about them but I keep forgetting. It's definitely one of my favorites.

Holiday: I think the stuff in this pack is nice though you don't ever use it except around the holiday times. They did pretty good with it though.

Celebration: I installed this around the time it came out and to this day have used zero objects from it. Does that tell you how needed it was?

H&M: This pack is great if you want some fashionable clothes. I use them all the time.

TSS: I love the stuff in this pack and use it all the time. It's about time teens got some new crap.

K&B: I'm still pissed that shower only came in light black, black, and darker black. Other than that, it was alright. I use the kitchen stuff a lot.

Ikea: Great pack, I love the modern stuff. I use it all the time.

M&G: Glamour was my favorite till this one came along. I love the extra interactions they added and just general details except it's annoying they broke the stairs and when sims put trash in their face. I think the objects that came with it are worth the annoyances though.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 15, 04:27:57 by Chain_Reaction » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 April 15, 04:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uni: College is really redundant and boring IMO.
It is, but alas, the 6-want-slot 2-lock thing is pretty much necessary if you want any chance of combating the want spam that clogs up your puny 4 slots without it. It also tends to build better off of other packs: When you've ONLY got Uni, you're stuck in a boring, repetitive jail with nothing to do. The addition of other packs lets you leave the lot. As always, Awesomeware makes the interminably lengthy and repetitive Uni experience more bearable, with College Rampage until you finish, then the college clock to start the finals when you get tired of it.

Vampires are alright but it's annoying that they won't stay in their damn coffin in the day.
Sounds like insufficient Awesomeware. With the Sleep Clock installed, this is a nonissue.

OFB: This is definitely one of my favorite packs. I love selling pointless crap to townies. The gameplay doesn't bore me because you can sell different crap, not the same old stuff. I also love the crafting items. I think this pack really comes alive when you add other packs to it for more crap to sell. I was surprised that Eaxis actually let us have home businesses... it seems like something they'd just over look. I make a majority of my businesses at home because I hate loading screens but it is annoying when they stop and go all the way up stairs to play with something in their house and it takes ages for them to get back down the stairs to help that customer. This is fixed with BRY as it teaches them how to satisfy motives then get back to work on their own which I couldn't live without. I also love the stages.
OFB basically NEEDS BRY to run. Otherwise the entire business thing is pointless drudge work with worthless employees that won't work. The presence of Awesomeware lets you really make your own bizarre and fascinating businesses with varied clientele. Otherwise it's always the same random idiots every time.

Pets: I was really excited for this one. I love animals and wanted my sims to have some too. I was, as with loads of other people, disappointed in it. I can tell they put a lot of work into the pets, they are nearly flawless in terms of AI and the animations are so real it's amazing... but I think they spent so much time getting that right and forgot to add more.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Outside of the cute factor, there's not much. But they threw in werewolves as kind of an afterthought, and Pets is the expansion that provides the most in MOAR PEE, making it the most quintessentially simmy.

Seasons: My favorite EP of them all. I'm a big weather guy and this was the icing on my cake. I think they did the weather effects very very well. The thunder scares the hell out of me everytime! I love the gardening system and the special boosts you get during the different seasons.
The boosts are mostly negligible, except for the skilling one.

Bon Voyage: Out of them all, I could definitely live without this one the most.
Yeah, BV doesn't tangibly introduce anything new to the gameplay outside of vacations. Without the vacations, you're left with no real change in gameplay.

FT: This one adds something to the sims that make them unique which I like. Hobbies are something unique to each sim which doesn't quite make them so redundant but the obsessive calling is. I like all the added benefits it adds. It seems like the most pointless pack ever and they really sucked at advertising it but it's pretty good. I don't think it had quite enough features to be an expansion pack which makes it lack but the stuff it did add was needed. I like the sports objects but it sucks more than one sim can't play basketball together. I think if they had focused a bit more on detail like they did with seasons, this one would be perfect.
The individual sim-perks were a nice touch to let you customize a sim further, but the entire concept needed a bit more work, really.

AL: I haven't touched this one much yet to be honest. The apartments are nice and I like the idea of living with other sims. What I don't like is the neighbors never change so you live with the same people forever. I don't think it would have been hard to make them age and die off but then that would spawn more and more townies and send your game to hell. It would have been nice if they had made the townies already in the hood be the social groups. This pack seemed to do a good job in wrapping up what everyone wanted and they seemed to pay more attention to detail. The magic is like a mini game which is nice but the evil witch spawning a storm and roaches on my business lots all the time is beyond annoying.
The witch annoyances are all fixed in Awesomeware. ACCEPT NO KEWIAN-BASED SUBSTITUTES!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 April 15, 22:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the concept of evolution passed Dodo by.

Ignoring evolution is all part of being an extinct bird  Cheesy

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2009 April 18, 19:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to know what is a good recommendation for someone with a low end PC.  I sometimes answer questions from new Simmers wanting to know which EPs they can add without having to upgrade their old PC.  I can say from experience that BV and Seasons increased the lagginess of my game at the time, but it doesn't seem as bad now as it did when I first got them.  Maybe I culled enough downloads to counteract some of the lag, or maybe a newer EP improved the code.  As this is a stickied thread, maybe someone techie could offer a recommendation for a low end PC.   

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Grugly
Blathering Buffoon

xyzzy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 April 18, 20:14:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something seems to have been improved marginally around the AL/M&G mark as far as performance and loading goes, if that helps.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2009 April 19, 05:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to know what is a good recommendation for someone with a low end PC. 

I run the game on two computers; one is pretty low end.  For that computer I stopped at OFB (and later added Glamour Life), and it works pretty well if I limit the extra meshes I download and keep everything low-poly.  You can install everything up to Pets on a crap computer and still have it run reasonably well, although I would skip Pets as it's much buggier than the OFB engine.  If it's REALLY low end, just get OFB for the engine upgrade and leave it at that.

nil
Blathering Buffoon

nil is just an orphan and doesn't own anything.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 June 16, 04:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13832.0.html

"EP advice?"

I personally don't play the game much but often build and occasionally mod it, and so I can only tell my opinions on the buiild mode along with few modding aspects.  Also, I don't buy SP normally and so no comment on them.

EP1:
a. It has multilevelled build objects like doors, door-arch, columns. Note Some multi-levelled columns and modular stair can be found in later EPS like NL.   
b. This is the only EP which can produce lots of >5 levels compatible to the base game when no EP-specific object or texture is used.  (This is the way how I got my base game lots with > 5 levels). 
c. A build cheat for diagonal object placement though some objects won't be sims-functional when diagonally postioned.

EP2:
a. diagonal swim-pool product & swim-pool renovation.  A good is to fix the improper deletion of swim-pool product since the base game, but techniques and build features evolved out of such deficiency. (sorry for self-advertisement, but it can show what I mean.  May check out the "Meijeuloi" lot from the "weirdo zone" of the "Mod squad" from MTS. ) The lot would lose the swim-pool surface and depth layers in a game copy with any EP newer than EP2.
b. garage and ownable vehicle: I never lust over them though not a bad thing to have as decoratives.  They can now be downloaded free from EAxis sites though not the same sets.
c. nightclub objects can be a really nice addition to building aesthetic, especially the various coloured lights.  This can spice up the night scene of a building.  Thus, it caused some problems with some older custom coloured lights only, but it wasn't such a big deal as updates were made to those custom coloured lights.
d. The downtown lots were all deletable luckily.

EP3:
a. the obvious further shapes for roof-tool-based roofs like conical, octagonal, semi-spherical dome, etc.  Note, despite the graphical morphs, they only occupy the some whole grids.  Therefore, sometimes, it looks they cover certain grids while they don't actually do  so, and vice versa.  A way to know is to check out the shadowed tiles at the same level. May tile the region if not.  The shadowed tiles show what the roofs indeed cover.
b. awning products
c. stage foundation: wall built directly at its side can raise the build price tremendously, beware.  Without patch or update, "boolprop constraintfloorelevation false"-based deformation of stage product is crash-prone.  Stage product basically raise the level it's on by 4-click-high (elevation tools)/ 4-step-high(modular/connecting stairs).

EP4:
a. rectangular or romboid preset wall tools:  convenient for those who do simple rectangualr or rhomboid buildings without pressing the "shift" key while dragging? [rolleyes]
b. broken build cheats (individual roof slope cheat? Please correct me when necessary. My memory for that EP is fading.) which can be found fixed in certain newer EPs or its latest patch.
c. incomplete/inept updates on caustic shading codes that probably led to the inability to recolour swim-pool wall.
d. commentised unfinished/incomplete update on vector-reflective swim-pool surface PS shader pass function

EP5:
a. glasshouse fences: supportable for upper level; 1 form and 3 colours; buildable to the penultimate lining of a given lot, namely a row from the lot verge.
b. glasshouse roof: the only glassed roof in only 1 shape but 3 colours.
c. shading change found on attic walls from gradient to entropy shading.
d. attic walls and probably other walls which higher than the standard height 16-click-high (elevation tools)/ 16-step-high(modular/connecting stairs)/ float value as 3 (3D array instance 0x01 in lot packe files) are prone to cause body temperature related problem.  Probably  the check routine(s) for sims temperature got stuck to =<3 as difference between neighbour levels, or the reworded?
e. vector-reflective swim-pool surface PS shader function is finally functional and added.  So, the swim-pool can be mirror-reflective.
f. fixes in caustic codes to allow various non-caustic floor tiles and wallpapers to exhibit caustic animation in swim-pool. but still broken for certain video cards, at least in a Nvidia 5700 FX.
g. bump animations on pool surface once a sims jump of slide into the swim-pool
h. pool-slider added
i. farming: surely a farming region for building aesthetics as well as game-play ethics
j. swim-pool ground surface's invisible tiles and pool depth layers are removed for recolouring of pool tile and pool wallpaper

EP6:
a. beach lots: renovated lotskirt water (the infamous neighbourhood flooding water) into the better looking "borderless-swim-pool-like" beach/ocean/sea. sltered version of the EP5 swim-pool surface PS shader function for the mirrory reflection;  wave makers; new in-lot hidden objects for sims interactions, etc.
b. special build objects like sauna rooms, hot-spring, stony blocks, etc.
c. roof-tool-based pagoda roofs.
d. more functional build cheats.

EP7:
Any? Tongue

EP8:
a. apartment: multiple sublots in an apartment lot host?
I don't know much about it. Tongue

After all, Securom is a real threat!  I'd read about it before trying it, and I never dreamed of any unforeseen problem other than those reported at that time.  It can damage certain Securom-incompatible DVD-multiple burners.  My >US$100 DVD-RAM burner lost its all of its DVD-related features after such installation and running of such programme, beware!  I thought it was OK to isntall it in a gonna-be-erased-OS-copy, but that dashed jerk damaged my hardware instead!

Action by Grugly replayed! Cheesy

Neither matters as long as the title and the thread can serve for its purpose.  it's cool that people of different game-play-ethics willingly share their experiences (cons and pros) and preferences (likes and dislikes) to provide a spectrum of view-points so that the original poster Cyberdodo or those concerned can grab "better" ideas on how to choose for their own goods. Smiley 

"better", "the best", "the bests as a group" are all comparatives.  Before regarded as the best(s), something hath to be better than all the others based on the "need(s)" of a given poster.

"EP advice?" may sound more objective, but regardless of comparativeness, subjectiveness or objectiveness, the same goal can be reached.

The title "wut EPs are teh bestest?" is cool and appealing, but personally "be" will replace "are" for both cases.  Smiley

Quotation marks may make certain statements clearer. Smiley

I don't mean to play a police or what but just to state out my thoughts about these, yet I can be wrong.  Smiley

[by Inge]
My punctuation is appropriate, as always.

[by Zazazu]
Inge, I find your punctuation amusing in context.

[by Inge]
Jolrei I don't care what the original poster wanted.  This matter reaches far beyond EPs and Original Posters.  It's a matter of what am I paying the Grammar Police for?  I expect them to be watching for this sort of issue on my behalf.

[by cybersquirt]
Not to nit but the OP asked for "EP advice", at least as a heading, which was subsequently moderated to '.. bestest'.

[by jolrei]
Bloody hell, Inge!  It is entirely possible to have a group of things that is the best group, as in "which EPs (as a group) are the best?"  This is perfectly good English.  You can also say, "which EPs are better" but then you have to at least imply "better than WHAT?"  I would say that they are all better than, say, the Base Game, since they all add something of interest to someone, but it's a pretty dull and hopeless thing to say, isn't it?

The OP wanted to know which EPs (out of the list) we thought were the absolute cream (curdled perhaps) of the crop - the best ones.

Please, let it go.

[by Inge]
But there can only be one "best".  The OP is asking for plural matches to be returned.

[by Grugly]
-bursts into tears-

[by jolrei]
No, it should not.  "Betterer" suggests a kompartiv, as in betterer in komparsun to wut.  "Bestest" implies which EPs are the stand alone faivrits measured by kwalitti and overall enjoi mint.

[by Inge]
What happened to the grammar police?  It should be "betterer" not "bestest"

Fell off my stool! Cheesy
[by birene]
Free Time: Almost forgot about it. Has some interesting new game features but nothing world-shattering.

[by J. M. Pescado]
What do you mean, NOTHING WORLD SHATTERING? Free Time was the FIRST and ONLY expansion pack to actually give us LESS PEE. Every other expansion pack has INCREASED the amount of peeing in the game!

Unnecessarily true, so long as actual facts found the conclusions for readers to choose and decide.  Smiley
[by dragoness]
See, imo this is precisely why these threads are pointless.

Quote from post 54,

Now, nil is wondering whether to post more on this topic!?  Cheesy with a gut of laughters
Yet, I say something not to be self-important although I understand that such connexion is reasonable in certain viewpoints. Tongue
It's cool to be kidding and funny though also great to have facts and references.

Some links or references to some organised knowledge-based pros and cons seem plausible.  So-far, there may be the following "needs".
1. theme-interests like pets for pet-lovers or pet-friendlies.
2. game-play ethics : e.g. "social-interaction-oriented"? (why not go out to the public always?),
3. lot-building interests : e.g. build features like conical roof from EP3, undeformable "ceiling" from EP8, some broken build cheats started since EP4 while workable in some later EPs,
4. coding interests :  e.g. game-codes, shader codes, bhav, FX-effects, animations, scripts, file structures, data storages, efficiency, effectiveness, etc.
5. object interests : e.g. what objects are appealing to the eyes, well-made in-terms of the screenshots, usable to sims, accessible to sims, positable to the expected place, properly functional to certain game ethics, etc.

That has been my intent all along - research. If you feel the need to be infuriated because I've done what you say I should do, well then go ahead and be infuriated to your heart's content.

Quote from post 57,

Such evolution is allowed though... Cheesy
Probably, certain helpful posts can be indicated out or highlit for those who want some infos in the first post?

Yes, but this isn't the first thread we've had on this topic.  Given that we've had so many similar threads, it was decided early on to make this a general, stickied thread.

The thread very quickly evolved into something beyond Dodo's original question, and it looks like Dodo hasn't understood that.  Apparently the concept of evolution passed Dodo by.

resonances from nil.  Smiley
[by Inge]
I think it is a question that bears asking at intervals.  As we look back from a greater distance, it becomes more apparent which EPs have provided lasting pleasure than when one or the other seems newer and shinier.

« Last Edit: 2009 June 16, 04:29:58 by nil » Logged

Stop staring at me, stop following me, stop stalking me, stop spying on me, stop petting me, stop touching me, stop pressuring on me, STOP!
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 June 17, 00:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy necromancy, Batman!

Angry

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: