More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 07:54:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OfB Employee payments: How broken are they, exactly?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OfB Employee payments: How broken are they, exactly?  (Read 16289 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: OfB Employee payments: How broken are they, exactly?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 August 27, 01:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could try to get hold of that noquit hack (the Squinge one) and set Mallory's wage to something that makes sense for this business? Like said, I've no actual experience with managers, but to me that would seem like the easier solution.
Technically, employees can only quit when you're playing the business AND they are working. If you set his wage to something small, and yet never call him in, he cannot quit because he was never called in to quit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 August 29, 03:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem with having the employee track pay $0 is if you don't synch lots, Employee Alice only can earn money to feed her starving chilluns when you're playing Employer Bob's house - and if you play Alice for a few weeks, she might run out of funds and not be able to replenish them.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 August 29, 07:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although in truth, ownable business jobs pay basically slave wages as is. Or at least, MINE do. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 August 29, 10:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the pay about the same as the elder career jobs taken over a whole week?  Elders working in shops to earn a bit of money seems realistic to me.  I don't like them coming home with nothing like the manager I mentioned earlier.  With the Jackman families in Meadow Lawns, I had them all working as employees for each other so it was a real family business empire and all the money stayed in the family (in so far as it exists) - they have so much money, it really doesn't matter how broken the whole thing is.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 August 29, 11:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't the pay about the same as the elder career jobs taken over a whole week?
Haha, you wish. $15/hr amounts to a daily take of a whopping $120, for an 8 hour job. TeenElder careers pay out that much in *3* hours. The other issue is that playable employees have this obnoxious habit of, you know, eventually getting old and DYING, which forces you to revisit the business and replace them with a new employee if you want your business to continue functioning when visited as before.

If you never plan to go back, of course, it doesn't matter if everyone dies: Even a dead manager can apparently allow you to check in, at least until you revisit that lot and the game realizes he's dead, thanks to the joys of cached results.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 August 29, 12:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the hourly rate is lousy, but the total take home is OK and it gets them out of the house.  If you are playing elders who work in shops, you don't get job spam, they pick up badge points when you aren't playing them and meet people.  When you play them, you don't actually have to send them to work.  If you send them they get paid, but you can sell a painting or earn money instead.   I've noticed nothing bad happens if they don't go to work!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: