More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 20:31:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  what is error code 14? error uploading story
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: what is error code 14? error uploading story  (Read 2580 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
what is error code 14? error uploading story
« on: 2006 September 11, 21:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to upload a story to the exchange and I'm getting error code 14.
Anyone know what that means?  my list stops at error code 11.
It pops up instantly I start uploading - no lag.

I'm having a problem with the albums themselves in game which might be the problem.  I'm not doing anything I didn't do with base game only, but maybe some of the rules changed with OFB.  Storybook viewer still works fine and the albums look the same when I open them in wordpad to edit them.   In game, the album tab where you see the pics and edit the text works fine.  The other tab doesn't.  The boxes where the pics should be are mostly blank.  You can change the order of the pics fine, you just can't see what the pics are.   The pics in the album have a variety of album ID numbers.

UPDATE - thanks for reading the post guys - I guess it's a new one.  I mailed EA tech help today... let's see if they answer...
Is anyone else having album problems?  If not, I should probably take a real close look at mine.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 12, 18:48:35 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
MxxPwr
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: what is error code 14? error uploading story
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 12, 21:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember there being a problem with the exchange not accepting lots/sims/stories with CC. But, that seemed to be a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if the site operators fixed it or just promised they would.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: what is error code 14? error uploading story
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 22, 21:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - it was all self-inflicted.  FYI - Error code 14 is what you get if you are missing a file.  I had all the snapshots in the right folder with the right number, but not all the thumbnails.  I also had to make thumbnails of the cover pages I'd made.  Again fyi - reduce a snapshot to 32% horiz and vertical and rename it thumbnail.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: