More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 17:46:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Downloading MATYville Full Version
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Downloading MATYville Full Version  (Read 13481 times)
Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Downloading MATYville Full Version
« on: 2006 March 28, 01:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I download the full version of MATYville?
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: Downloading MATYville Full Version
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 28, 01:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you referring to the big enchilada - 1.6gig version - bloated with custom content and custom terrain paints? Don't attempt it unless you have a kickass computer set-up otherwise you won't be able to load it.

Three downloads for the big enchilada version:

http://simpotence.com/matyville/download/Downloadsv1b.rar
http://simpotence.com/matyville/download/EAGamesv1b.rar
http://simpotence.com/matyville/download/Neighborhoodsv1b.rar

If you are looking for MATYville Lite which is about 1/2 the size and very limited custom content:

http://simpotence.com/dnld/nhood/MATY-Lite.rar

If you are looking for the layout of the MATY-Lite hood without the sims:

http://simpotence.com/dnld/nhood/MATYville-Neutron-Bomb-Edition.rar

MODIFIED TO ADD: These neighborhoods were created with a base+uni+NL set-up. Not aware of how they will or won't work with OFB.

« Last Edit: 2006 March 28, 03:25:36 by simmiecal » Logged
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 28, 04:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhhh!  I didn't even know this existed!  What fun it sounds!  Off to download...
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 28, 09:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohhhh!  I didn't even know this existed!  What fun it sounds!  Off to download...

PLEASE!!! Be sure to read the threads in the Peasantry section about the downloads - especially if you are going to attempt the MATYville big enchilada. It didn't work out too well if people didn't have a higher end computer and there are things you should be aware of - like the custom terrain paints. The MATYville Lite version is a safer and more user friendly version.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 28, 14:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never found these when I checked the site, DK wtf I was doing wrong!  Glad it's there at last. Cool

I guess anyone who has installed OFB can't use them without re-installing OFB to convert them - oh rats!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 28, 14:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gotcha.  I did a search and read most of the threads I could find and also read the instructions at simpotence.  Decided on the Lite version because I am not really interested in the terrain paints and everything is running smoothly.  It takes longer to load than I am used to but then again I have never had a neighborhood nearly that big before.

I haven't played yet but did go house shopping for my sim family and checked out a few sim names I am familiar with seeing here.  

All I can say is - wow.  A lot of work was put into this.  Very impressive!  I wish I had that kind of creativity and patience.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 28, 16:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never found these when I checked the site, DK wtf I was doing wrong!  Glad it's there at last. Cool

I guess anyone who has installed OFB can't use them without re-installing OFB to convert them - oh rats!

I don't know for sure, but my concern would be how your game would handle the attached uni and downtown neigborhoods - would it ignore them, treat them as shopping districts and cause problems.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 28, 16:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know for sure, but my concern would be how your game would handle the attached uni and downtown neigborhoods - would it ignore them, treat them as shopping districts and cause problems.

When I installed OFB, I dropped my neighbourhoods folder onto the desktop before I installed it.  I put them back in afterwards, and my 'hoods are fine.  Adding MATYville to an OFB game is the same thing - there shouldn't be any problems.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried MATYville yet as I've been having issues with my broadband, am currently on dialup.  I'm waiting until my link issues are resolved before I attempt to download MATYville LITE.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 28, 21:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should set up bitorrent for MATYville....
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 28, 23:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing about setting up a BitTorrent for a file like this is that we need to have people keep the file on their computers and always turn on their torrent client to get it to download at a decent speed.  I've encountered files that don't have near enough seeds and too many leeches, thus I wasn't able to download.  Torrenting something does take load off servers, and games such as WoW already use this for patch distribution.

I've got no knowledge on Packing/Unpacking Neighborhoods but chances are I think the game would just ignore the new data, but then again it does warn that data changes even when you install a new expansion.  If you've got broadband you could always try it.  The worst that could happen is that the neighborhood would hang or something.
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 28, 23:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should set up bitorrent for MATYville....

I feel for anyone trying to download the file. I have DSL and it took me several hours overnight to upload it. People with cable modems indicated they were getting it in 30-40 minutes. Hard to believe someone would attempt this with dial-up.

I also don't think there would be enough interest to make a bitorrent worthwhile. While I don't see which files are being grabbed off my site, I see the data transfer. There hasn't been enough activity to suggest that a lot of people are snagging the hood - especially the big enchilada.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 29, 01:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PLEASE!!! Be sure to read the threads in the Peasantry section about the downloads - especially if you are going to attempt the MATYville big enchilada. It didn't work out too well if people didn't have a higher end computer and there are things you should be aware of - like the custom terrain paints.

The terrain paint issue was fixed with the NL patch 2 and the fix was carried over to OFB so they should be safe. I have some and I haven't had a BFBVFS yet.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 29, 01:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if MATYville lite has the waterfalls, etc?  I have the big enchilada and I just adore the water features, but my computer has about reached the limit on memory and I'm thinking about swapping out to the lite version, maybe...it's either that or cut my downloads folder, etc.  Undecided
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 29, 02:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if MATYville lite has the waterfalls, etc?  I have the big enchilada and I just adore the water features, but my computer has about reached the limit on memory and I'm thinking about swapping out to the lite version, maybe...it's either that or cut my downloads folder, etc.  Undecided

The lite version does not have the waterfalls. The map is the same, so if you keep the download file for the waterfalls, you can easily add them to the Lite version. It seemed that animations (like the waterfall and helicopters flying around) was adding to the slugginess of the neighborhood view.

If you are going to chuck the download folder entirely but want the waterfall, you can get it here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=60099&highlight=numenor+waterfall

They are actually in the game, Numenor "found" them. The river is pretty cool.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 29, 03:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly me, I didn't know you could download a waterfall, probably going to switch to the lite version then. I might have to go look a little closer at that section of MTS2 (and remind myself that I have no room left for downloading  Tongue) Thanks Simmiecal
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 29, 15:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know for sure, but I think you would have to have the 'hood in place before you install OFB so that it can be converted during the install.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Orbit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 31, 01:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know for sure, but I think you would have to have the 'hood in place before you install OFB so that it can be converted during the install.

I only have NL installed, and it works perfectly.  It converts. It ages all Young Adult sims to Adults then moves them into the family bin.  It doesn't even touch the OfB neighborhood.
rhondalatte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 03, 18:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to try this new neighborhood but the links are expired,  could you please repost these?
xo

Rhondalatte's Designs: http://blackpearlsims.com/

DeesElegantDecor - beautiful furnishings and custom CAS screens:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 03, 18:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rondalatte, Necromancy is bad m'kay.

And considering the fact the member that orignally posted that hood has past away..... and that this post is more than a year old, it is to no surprise the links are not working anymore.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 03, 19:58:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(With apologies to simmiecal, may she rest in peace -- but I can't resist...)

Which I guess makes posting in this topic Necromancy in the true sense of the word....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 03, 20:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(With apologies to simmiecal, may she rest in peace -- but I can't resist...)

Which I guess makes posting in this topic Necromancy in the true sense of the word....

...or playing in the cemetary.  Did that a lot as a kid.  Simmiecal might not mind, after all.

Tribulatio proxima est
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 04, 12:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the big bad file burned to a CD.  It was a huge download with loads of CC and needed a really super PC to run it.  The lite version was still pretty big - I think I've got that too.  I never installed either as I'm missing loads of EPs - I'll get there one day.   I thought her site was very cool too with those tv interviews. 

If Pes still has lots of space on the server, I guess we could put them up for download again, but people are already telling me it can take 3hrs to download Meadow Lawns and MATYville is bigger!

Jess Maree
Furry Pedobait
Souped!

ISFP - now more Introverted than Pescado!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 04, 14:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might I ask, if MATYville will be up again for download, would it have to be tested because of all the new EPs and SPs that are out? I'm assuming some hacks will be in there, so wouldn't someone have to make sure it works/update hacks?

Fuck you, Old Man. Fuck you.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 04, 14:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rondalatte, Necromancy is bad m'kay.

And considering the fact the member that orignally posted that hood has past away..... and that this post is more than a year old, it is to no surprise the links are not working anymore.

Maybe when the warning popped up about Necromancy, the poster thought it was a new political party.

rhondalatte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 05, 19:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Pes says it's ok to repost this,  I would like to have the lite version plsthx
xo

Rhondalatte's Designs: http://blackpearlsims.com/

DeesElegantDecor - beautiful furnishings and custom CAS screens:
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/DeesElegantDecor/
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: