More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 05:32:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about Tombstones and Resurrection
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about Tombstones and Resurrection  (Read 7376 times)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Question about Tombstones and Resurrection
« on: 2009 March 06, 11:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a residential lot in downtown A with 8 sims. Several sims died, the tombstones were moved to a community lot in downtown B (both downtowns subhoods of the same main 'hood, of course). The surviving sims moved out.
Now I want one of the dead sims to become a zombie. My question is, how to do this? I already know who will earn the bone phone and who will make the call (a former friend of the zombie-to-be), but afaik, I need the tombstone on the lot from where the call is made.
So what's the best method to get phone and tombstone together? I thought about buying the cemetery lot and putting the bone phone there, but it would be much more convenient to somehow conjure the tombstone at home, of course. Is there a way to do so without causing a BFBVFS (from what I know, carrying tombstones in inventory is a VBT)?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
Re: Question about Tombstones and Resurrection
« Reply #1 on: 2009 March 06, 11:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tombstone can be on a different lot -- I used to routinely resurrect dead dormies at the SS lot, before AL and the mod that allows uni apartments. Their tombstones would disappear from the dorm when I sent my sims back from the SS lot.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 March 06, 12:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The tombstone can be on a different lot --
Ah, I didn't know that (obviously Cheesy) - thanks!

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 March 29, 19:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where does the resurrected sim appear?  If you use the reaperphone in the SS lot, does the dead dormie re-appear in the dorm they used to be in?  what happens if there's no room?  If you resurrect an adult sim from the main hood at the same time, do they trun up on a uni lot, reappear on the lot where they used to live, the lot where they died, or somewhere in limbo?

Glad you asked this - I've never done it either and I've got 2 dead sims I want to resurrect.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 March 29, 20:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where does the resurrected sim appear?  If you use the reaperphone in the SS lot, does the dead dormie re-appear in the dorm they used to be in? 

Any time I've resurrected anyone, the resurrected sim appears on the lot where the Reaper-hotline is.  Bunch-o-green-smokeTM, and there the blighter is.  Wherever the tombstone was, it disappears from there.  I now have an owned cemetery (and disco), but have no intention of resurrecting anyone from there (unless they were bad in life and need to be punished as a zombie).  Why would you want to come back if you can spend eternity shakin' your bootie and dancing the night away?

Tribulatio proxima est
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 March 29, 22:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they become part of the family on the lot where they are resurrected?  Wanda Melody Tinker died at a friend's party & the friend's parents are already sick of the ghost.  They don't want a resurrected teen living there instead though!  I guess they should pass the borrowed reaperphone onto the "grieving" parents - well they grieved for a bit, but have probably forgotten all about her by now!

I guess it's not a good idea to resurrect a YA outside the Uni sub-hood.   I'm not sure I want to find out whether the YA just ages up or whether weirdness & borkage results.

I suppose you can't use the reaperphone on a residential lot unless there is space in the family for an extra sim.  DK if that's true of dorms, but using the SS lot sounds like a good idea.

EDIT - I had confused the names. Melody died - not Wanda.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 30, 10:06:41 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 March 29, 22:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they become part of the family on the lot where they are resurrected?  Wanda Tinker died at a friend's party & the friend's parents are already sick of the ghost.  They don't want a resurrected teen living there instead though!  I guess they should pass the borrowed reaperphone onto the "grieving" parents - well they grieved for a bit, but have probably forgotten all about her by now!

Yes, they become part of the family.  I generally teleport them out as townies once they're resurrected, or get them to "find own place" and move out (if I want them to be playable).

I guess it's not a good idea to resurrect a YA outside the Uni sub-hood.   I'm not sure I want to find out whether the YA just ages up or whether weirdness & borkage results.

Never done this.  I have summoned a YA to a residential lot and made them part of the family.  I generally just age them up.  Not sure why this would not work with a resurrected sim.  Standard borkage may occur (i.e. sim not aging properly), but this is fixable.

I suppose you can't use the reaperphone on a residential lot unless there is space in the family for an extra sim.  DK if that's true of dorms, but using the SS lot sounds like a good idea.

I never have lots that full.  I don't think I've ever had a residential lot with more than 6 sims on it.  However, to be safe, I suppose you could resurrect the sim on a lot that has fewer sims.  I generally have one lot that I use as a "Welcome Centre" for the hood, where I send all my newly made CAS townies to be customized before they are townified.  This lot has one "dormant playable" sim on it.  That sort of lot would be ideal for resurrecting sims.

Tribulatio proxima est
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 March 30, 00:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, you absolutely can't resurrect a YA on a non-Uni lot, and can't even Tombstone/InSim them dead on a non-Uni lot.  I believe if you try to have someone in the regular 'hood try to rez a YA, the YA doesn't show up as someone who could be brought back.  That or they flicker in and disappear.  I remember someone tried to rez a YA in their regular 'hood once, but I don't entirely recall what happened.

I haven't had problems with rezzing YAs at Uni, though.  They just become part of the household, but it's easy enough to move their lazy, smelly asses out and re-Dormie-fy them if you feel like it.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 March 30, 08:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use this when resurrecting sims. Works just fine, although resurrected teens cannot be townified, they just go in the adoption pool. I tend to keep them in the family and immediately send their asses off to uni.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 March 30, 09:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no reason why 12s cannot be townified. The Hacked Ingelogical Shrub I use for the job accomplishes this just fine for me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 30, 09:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know, I mean with Ste's hack there is no 'towniefy teens' option. Stupid Pescado.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 30, 10:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link - I've got Ste's hack now. 

I think I'll send the reaperphone to the Tinker lot and resurrect the teen there.  If I resurrected her on the lot where she died, I'd then have to go to the Tinker lot to move her in with the teleporter.  As she's a teen, I can't move her out and in under her own steam.  Might as well let the family do the resurrection - I think her brother has a locked want for it.  It all happened so long ago I've forgotten the details.  I just realised I said Wanda died, when I meant Melody (Melanie?) the teen...  Embarrassed 

I guess resurrecting a teen on the SS lot is just as bad an idea as resurrecting a YA in the main hood unless you intend using Ste's hack to make them a downtownie.
« Last Edit: 2009 March 30, 10:13:44 by cwykes » Logged

Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 30, 23:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How come carrying tombstones in inventory is a bad thing?

Officially Weird
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 March 30, 23:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because you're carrying a ghost in your pants, that's why. Do you really want a ghost in your pants? Those things are all clammy and cold.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 April 03, 00:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because you're carrying a ghost in your pants, that's why. Do you really want a ghost in your pants? Those things are all clammy and cold.
Plus it's clammy and crowded enough in there already, what with all the fish and soggy boots.

If you use the reaperphone in the SS lot, does the dead dormie re-appear in the dorm they used to be in?  what happens if there's no room?
If "you" resurrect a YA from the SS lot, that's where she appears. She then follows you back to your place when you leave the SS. When you get back to your dorm (if you live in one), another dormie is evicted to make room for her.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 April 03, 15:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If "you" resurrect a YA from the SS lot, that's where she appears. She then follows you back to your place when you leave the SS. When you get back to your dorm (if you live in one), another dormie is evicted to make room for her.

True, but if you have a teleporter/townifier type mod (I use Insim's "family tree"), you can simply remove the sim as a townie/dormie before the eviction and the resurrected SS member will wander off.  S/he will appear again next time you go the SS lot (or sometime, anyway).  I often kill off one SS member, resurrect them as a zombie, and use them as slave labour on the SS lot to clean up all the hot dog platters, plates, ramen debris, and such.

Tribulatio proxima est
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 April 03, 16:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but if you have a teleporter/townifier type mod (I use Insim's "family tree"), you can simply remove the sim as a townie/dormie before the eviction and the resurrected SS member will wander off...

I do something similar with Inge's transporter cat, rather than being stuck with a new family member my sims DNW. I hadn't thought of resurrecting a zombie to put in charge of cleaning up the mounds of buzzing toaster pastry plates at the SS lot, though. Glad I thought of it!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: