More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 12:56:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage Patch #2: Now on thesims2.ea
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage Patch #2: Now on thesims2.ea  (Read 38356 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage Patch #2: Now on thesims2.ea
« Reply #25 on: 2008 February 20, 21:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't vactionfixes keep locals in the right hoods?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 February 20, 21:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still raising my eyebrow suspiciously at the "housekeeper will repair broken stuff, including Servo" bit (repairmen why, then?). And wondering whether it'll be the patch or the new EP that breaks the pianos again.  Roll Eyes

I'm wondering if by that they meant the maid at the hotel?

Yes, that would make a lot more sense. Hmph, just like EAxis to release a "superfun holiday whee" expansion where you had to spend your ass-expensive vacation fixing crap in your hotel room.  Roll Eyes

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 February 20, 21:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't vactionfixes keep locals in the right hoods?

Possibly was broken with the patch?

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 February 20, 21:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah. Duh.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 February 20, 23:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue as Lerf. The patch seemed to object to my Objects package. I decided to try uninstalling and reinstalling BV as it suggests. Given that I once uninstalled Uni and had the devil of a time putting it back on this was a risky decision. Defragging the computer after the uninstall was the longest bit. The game actually reinstalled without a problem. Except it wiped out the entire TS2 folder, I didn't realise that it would do that  Embarrassed Good thing I have a backup.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 February 20, 23:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those who have installed the new patch, did you install the old one? Maybe it's looking for that, because EA, thinking that everyone trusts them so much, assumes that everyone installed it because patches are always a good thing, right? Or maybe just forgot to take it into account.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 February 21, 00:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, try installing Numenor's base game starter. I use it for building lots, it is really useful.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 February 21, 02:27:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I don't finish in time, I will. Most of the remaining lots I have to do are low- and mid-rises which are glorified boxes. The R$$$ ones are the ones that are going to take some time, plus the mayor's house and house of worship. I put the municipals up in Peasantry a couple minutes ago.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
unregister
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 February 21, 07:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This new patch doesn't fix the problem of oriental food being served at the island food stand, or Room Service showing up with the covered tray but not leaving any food.
My experience has been that each ep has more problems than the previous ones. I have no reason to believe it will be any different with the new ep coming out. I've read too many times where people have experienced more problems due to patch installations. Maybe installing so many ep's and stuff packs are just asking for pc and game performance problems, especially when the ep's are marketed containing problems to begin with. I think I will pass on the forthcoming ep and try to save what is left of my game and my sanity. As for the patches, outside of maybe updating Securom, neither fixes any of the problems I have been having.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 February 21, 11:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No word on endlessly looping wedding parties with no-show honeymoon shuttles.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 February 21, 14:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The maid at the hotel is called the Housekeeper, and the problem was there was no one to call to fix broken stuff, like bathtubs and stuff before, so they added that function to the Housekeeper.

And, while I don't know about endlessly looping weddings, it seems that they deliberately got rid of the Limo as ittells you in the Prima Guide that it doesn't come any more.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 February 21, 15:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This new patch doesn't fix the problem of oriental food being served at the island food stand,

I've never had this problem! Is it definitely a BV problem or was it introduced in the patch or from some other cause?

Also the looping weddings I haven't experienced but I heard the missing limo is because now your married couples can take 'real' honeymoons instead of fake limo ones.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 February 21, 15:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also the looping weddings I haven't experienced but I heard the missing limo is because now your married couples can take 'real' honeymoons instead of fake limo ones.

I have not had looping weddings, but I intermittently get weddings where one of the wedding party will drop the "catch shuttle" from their queue if they want to clean up after the wedding, need to pee, etc.  I am not sure why this happens, but it usually results in me scrapping the holiday to avoid losing a sim somewhere in BV limbo.

With BV there are no more honeymoon limos - if you want a honeymoon, you have to book a honeymoon holiday prior to the wedding party.  If everything works, your newlyweds will go to the shuttle after the wedding and get whisked off to the holiday destination for a playable honeymoon (which is indistinguishable from any other BV holiday, as far as I can tell).

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 February 21, 16:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This new patch doesn't fix the problem of oriental food being served at the island food stand,

I've never had this problem! Is it definitely a BV problem or was it introduced in the patch or from some other cause?
It's not consistent. It's a BV issue, and occurred before the patch. Also occurred before I put my hack cocktail back in. Only seems to happen with flapjacks. Instead, they sometimes get ramen.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 February 21, 19:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears purely graphical, since it still COUNTS as flapjacks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 February 22, 01:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had a problem with a patch, other than weirdness with installing plus patching at the same time. But I no longer like to install the EPs before at least one patch is out. Every EP seems to introduce newly horrible and game-breaking bugs.

Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 February 22, 10:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With BV there are no more honeymoon limos - if you want a honeymoon, you have to book a honeymoon holiday prior to the wedding party.  If everything works, your newlyweds will go to the shuttle after the wedding and get whisked off to the holiday destination for a playable honeymoon (which is indistinguishable from any other BV holiday, as far as I can tell).

Because I kept getting looping wedding parties when I booked honeymoons, I stopped booking honeymoons... and I still get the limo.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 February 22, 17:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not Again!!!  I  just visited the Dreamer's house and their tombstones are gone---Again--- after installing the second BV Patch.  I have to go though this again!  Thank God for Prescado or I would be irrate versus mad!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 February 23, 10:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you have nounlinkondelete, then suddenly vanishing tombstones are just a minor nuisance, and you can just spawn them back.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 February 23, 14:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen one glitch with the patch (I assume it's the patch, anyway) -- I had a sim at a vacation hotel before I applied it, and when I went to the hotel to play him afterwards, it was stuck at somthing like speed 1.5, regardless of what the game speed was set to.  All other lots in the vacation hood were fine, and the speed controls worked.  Only the hotel was borked.  It was his second day there, and I know it wasn't acting that way when he first arrived. Leaving the hotel to go to a comm lot and coming back didn't have any effect.

It didn't bother me much because he only had one more night there, but damn does the night go slow when it doesn't kick into speed 3.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2008 February 23, 20:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of lots kick in at speed 3 on loading and I haven't patched.  I figured I'd wait for Free time rather than mess around replacing the cracked exe twice.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 February 23, 22:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just noticed that my lots do start off speed 3 but stop again after 5sim minutes on their own.  I have patched.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 February 24, 01:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any point to installing this patch if you're going to be getting FreeTime when it comes out?  Won't FreeTime use a new .exe anyway and therefore not be affected by any BV (or prior) patches?

If this patch will be bypassed when I install FreeTime, I'm definitely not going to bother with it.

About the room service bug -- I have not had problems with this since I started to make a habit of ALWAYS calling room service using the phone in the hotel room, rather than the cell phone.  I did have the "disappearing food" bug at first, but it doesn't seem to happen if you call using the phone in the room.

Karen
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 February 24, 02:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't patch, stuff fixed by the patch will be bugged forever. And I think they often make changes to things other than what they actually list. Like engine issues or something. Unlike the sims 1, patches for previous problems are not included in the new EPs.

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 February 24, 18:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't patch, stuff fixed by the patch will be bugged forever. And I think they often make changes to things other than what they actually list. Like engine issues or something. Unlike the sims 1, patches for previous problems are not included in the new EPs.

Really? Eeek I didn't know that, I just assumed the new EP would fix the issues with the last EP! I think I patched the base game and one other EP but usually I just use MATY fixes. It doesn't seem right that a new EP wouldn't fix previous issues though, what about all those people who play but don't have internet access on the computer they play on? Or people who just don't bother to ever look at anything to do with the online Sims community and so never hear about the patches? Surely they would have to include new fixes in EPs to make sure those people's games were ok?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: