More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 18:36:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Is the M&G 1 tile solar panel borked?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is the M&G 1 tile solar panel borked?  (Read 13474 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Is the M&G 1 tile solar panel borked?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 January 03, 16:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is MATY! Arguing for the sake of arguing is what we DO! It's the INTJ way.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2009 January 03, 16:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it isn't!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 January 03, 16:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it isn't!
Death to EMMA! Besides, you're not an INTJ. You're...some kind of F?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2009 January 03, 16:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably, I can't remember and can't be bothered to go searching through my posts.

All Pescados Suck.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2009 January 03, 18:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd need to factor the resale value of the panels into the economic model as well.  & I'm still trying to work out what is is an "effective use of your money" that doesn't involve massive effort and/or a big initial capital investment. 

I'm an ENTP myself & INTJ's drive me crazy - I'm married to one!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2009 January 03, 19:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a ISTJ. Whatever that means. I found the thread and saw how I voted Cheesy

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2009 January 05, 10:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So do the energy rebates exceed depreciation?  That would make solar panels a more reliable investment than expensive artwork.

I've cut and pasted the tax info - how does depreciation work?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 January 05, 11:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So do the energy rebates exceed depreciation?  That would make solar panels a more reliable investment than expensive artwork.
Well, a solar panel eventually depreciates to some rather small worth, but the thing is, depreciation is basically a myth. In the real world, depreciation exists because used items are considered less attractive than new items, as they have additional wear and tear, damage, etc. In the Sims world, depreciation is just an arbitrary number: The item itself is as functional and looks exactly the same as it did in mint condition, and a depreciated item would thus be MORE attractive due to its lower price, which is why wanded houses are so much nicer: The same stuff for lower price, which wouldn't exist if used items really were cruddier.

I forget what exactly the daily depreciation is, but eventually the solar panel hits the minimum "wanded" price and ceases to decrease in value, while continually providing revenue until the item is destroyed in a game bug.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 January 05, 17:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't there some items, such as toilets, which are affected by depreciation?  I read somewhere that depreciated items break more often.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 January 05, 18:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't there some items, such as toilets, which are affected by depreciation?  I read somewhere that depreciated items break more often.

It should be, yes; plumbing and appliances have an "age", and it affects their breakage. I'm not sure if it really works or if it's some code left unused, but I'm almost sure the plumbing starts to drip, after a while you've started to play the house.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 January 07, 00:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. Objects have a "maintenance", which accumulates every time it is used, and increases the odds of breakage, but once this happens, the object can be repaired back to new and the cycle begins again. The "depreciation" has no relationship to it.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: