More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 04:30:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Had an accident, now he's dead?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Had an accident, now he's dead?  (Read 14335 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Had an accident, now he's dead?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 January 02, 05:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always clone him in SimPE and bring him back as any sim you want!

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 January 02, 14:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what's with invisible memories? how bad are they? i'm a simPE newbie :p

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 January 02, 20:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Invisible memories are gossip (what's passed on from other sims, often the pool car/bus driver.

Some invisible memories are important, others aren't.  Some are merely duplicates of the sim's own memories and I think can be safely deleted.  It's who the memory is owned by that's important, I think.

Zephyr Zodiac
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 January 02, 23:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had DJ Verse die from an overdose of double bass.

She was playing it on the roof of someone else's lot last time I saw her.  I didn't know anything about it until her ghost jumped out at me, then I followed her back to her tombstone.

I've noticed sims get stuck when two stand on the money jar tile - so I suspect that's what happened. The player can't move until they get their cash, but the donor can't give any cash with the player in the way. She must have starved.

I eventually found out where DJ lived, and got a housemate into the secret society to fetch her back as a zombie. It didn't seem right to leave her dead, she kept thinking of babies and moping. Besides, the other sims didn't like being haunted.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 January 03, 00:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you'd waited until one graduated and went to live in the main hood, they could have resurrected her instead!

Zephyr Zodiac
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 January 03, 01:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you'd waited until one graduated and went to live in the main hood, they could have resurrected her instead!

They could have, but they'd have to graduate, get a death phone from somewhere, then spend their own money. The secret society was quicker - it's already got a death phone and lots of money, and she can finish uni now.

Could she get to the main neighbourhood though? She's a playable young adult, so normally she'd have had to drop out or graduate in order to leave uni.  If there's a loophole that lets dead young adults turn into live adult graduates without doing any work, that could be handy.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 January 03, 03:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I only know that there are problems resurrecting someone while at Uni.  But maybe if the one you want to resurrect is still there, that's different?  But I made Fricorith Tricou alive, moved him to the students bin, moved him into a house, he stayed there for two semesters and then tried to resurrect his family - he was told he didn't know anyone.  Then I saved, and when i went back to the house, he turned back into a ghost.  During this time, though, he'd made friends with Dustin, so I got Dustin to try to resurrect him - he couldn't do it either, got the same message, that he didn't know anyone that had dies (even though he also knew his father and various grandparents) so he ended up being teleported to the Caliente's lot in Downtown (I'd moved them there as this was a cloned hood) where he was able to resurrect Fricorith, and Fricorith then proceeded to resurrect his family.   However, all the family money was lost since Fricorith was resurrected in Uni.  But there is some kind of problem with Uni recognising death outside it's environs, and even in - as Fricorith was still ostensibly there, and according to simPE he was alive, not unlinked, not a ghost or anything like that.

Zephyr Zodiac
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 January 03, 18:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what you mean zephyrzodiac. It sounds more like a design feature than a bug to me.

Moving a sim to university turns a teen into a young adult, leaving turns him or her into an adult.  Young adults can't live off campus, and no other age group can live on it.   The adult professors and staff commute.  I've seen them walking round the main neighbourhood like normal townies. 

That's probably why your sim couldn't resurrect the older sims - they would have had to age transition back to young adult in order to be playable on campus, so the grim reaper couldn't help.  DJ Verse was OK because she was a young adult already. 

I'm not sure why that would turn your sim into a ghost - that does sound odd.. but doesn't the grim reaper threaten to come for a sim who wastes his/her time? 

If you can call a young adult back from the main neighbourhood, I would like to know whether death is counted as dropping out, or as being non-playable.  If the latter, it means sims could spend most of their time at uni playing dead, and then get resurrected by a graduate to get their certificate! Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 January 03, 18:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only got the message from the GR once!  Dustin got it once, and the GR didn't come for him LOL!

I think it was more that, because he wasn't resurrected as a teen exactly, since I did it in SimPE and then moved him directly to campus, the game wasn't sure how to deal with him!  And the odd thing wa that Dustin couldn't resurrect him on campus, but had to go downtown to do it.  Then, after Gvaudouin had been resurrected too, they both ended up, not in the house that Fricorith had rented, Gvaudouin not staying with the Calientes and her family, but both went back to campus to Dustin and Dirk's house!  I was all extremely odd. 

Previously, when I resurrrected Fricorith Downtown and had him resurrect his family, everything worked without a hitch!

Zephyr Zodiac
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 January 05, 15:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Invisible memories are gossip (what's passed on from other sims, often the pool car/bus driver.

Some invisible memories are important, others aren't.  Some are merely duplicates of the sim's own memories and I think can be safely deleted.  It's who the memory is owned by that's important, I think.

sorry to spam the thread, but i have to say thank you to zz Cheesy

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 January 05, 16:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what's with invisible memories? how bad are they? i'm a simPE newbie :p
Invisible memories aren't bad - they are part of the game.
Corrupted invisble memories are bad.  They need deleting.  You can do that in SimPE.  JM Pescados hacks prevent it happening again - look in The Firing Range

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 January 07, 15:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Corrupted invisble memories are bad.  They need deleting.  You can do that in SimPE.  JM Pescados hacks prevent it happening again - look in The Firing Range

ooh, nice~ which one is it? thanks!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 January 07, 16:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are several, it depends which memories you want to prevent - but none of them will delete memories already there, you have to do this yourself, with care and patience and a well-oiled click finger!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 January 09, 00:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just keep your eyes peeled for the squiggly line "cat scratch" talk bubbles. Getting nocorruptdeath should keep it from happening, but if you see that in the game you should go into the memories of both the sims in the conversation in question and delete any memory of a death that doesn't have a little grave stone next to it.

Once, I had a week or so where sims in this one neighborhood kept getting stuck in bathrooms while they were visitors. Two of them died that way. I suspect it had something to do with the cleaning routines of Bathroom Uses You! because if I remember correctly the toilets were dirty at the time. Could have been something else, but that was the only thing I could think of.

And then there was an incident when something was preventing the maid mobile from showing up, so I had this maid stuck on the lot, wandering around, peeing, and crying a lot. It was . . . interesting. Debug mode fixed it, once I got fed up with having some guy in a pink frilly shirt wandering around the house and sleeping in the living room.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 January 09, 06:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it whenever I try debugging, I end up with a bigger problem than I started with?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: