More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 05:14:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Save My Sim!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Save My Sim!  (Read 3355 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Save My Sim!
« on: 2005 September 16, 07:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a wonderfully pretty CAS sim (ok, it's my sim version of me - doesn't look all that much like me but she came out so pretty, I couldn't bear to change her looks).  She had custom hair and eyes, and when I installed NL (for the 2nd time, first time I think my DMA hacks were causing trouble), I moved all downloads, including hair and eyes, to the desktop.  I've entered the game and had a play, and she now has Maxis brown eyes and a default hairdo.  In fact, any sim that had custom eyes now has dull Maxis brown.

If I put the downloads back in the game (which I intend to do tomorrow when I next play), will they get their custom eyes back?  The hair is obviously changeable with a mirror so that's no drama - my sim-mother has gone bald!

Also, I'd kinda like to keep her appearance to use as a possible townie in other neighbourhoods, is there a way I can preserve my oh-so-pretty sim?  Can she be saved using BodyShop?  I have very limited knowledge of that program (takes too friggin' long to load)

<insert witty comment here>
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Save My Sim!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 16, 08:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use SimPE Vecki?  You can export your current sim into Body Shop so that you can have many Vecki sims in your game Wink  I would guess the answer to other question is yes, put the custom content back in the game and the eyes will show once again.  I haven't tried it myself but since the individual Sim DNA and the character file is still referencing the custom content I can't see why it wouldn't show up.  Normally hair, eyes etc revert to what they have been cloned from hence them having brown eyes.

Quick Tutorial using SimPE (Classic GUI):

Start SimPE, Select Neighborhood Browser from the Plugins tab.
Select the neighbourhood that you want e.g Pleasantview then click open.
Select Sims Surgery from the Plugins tab.
Select the sim, then use, then export. In the ‘Export CAS sim' box click on save and finally close down SimPE.

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 16, 10:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, Lyran at http://www.lyran.net/ts2/ has some very pretty "contacts" that you can change with the mirror.

INTJ
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 16, 16:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reports say that because of changed file types, SimPe does not work with NL at this time.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 17, 15:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use SimPE Vecki?  You can export your current sim into Body Shop so that you can have many Vecki sims in your game Wink

Thank you so much! I'd deleted my exports by accident, so I'm relieved I don't have to spend hours remaking them!
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 19, 03:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use SimPE Vecki?  You can export your current sim into Body Shop so that you can have many Vecki sims in your game Wink  I would guess the answer to other question is yes, put the custom content back in the game and the eyes will show once again.  I haven't tried it myself but since the individual Sim DNA and the character file is still referencing the custom content I can't see why it wouldn't show up.  Normally hair, eyes etc revert to what they have been cloned from hence them having brown eyes.

Quick Tutorial using SimPE (Classic GUI):

Start SimPE, Select Neighborhood Browser from the Plugins tab.
Select the neighbourhood that you want e.g Pleasantview then click open.
Select Sims Surgery from the Plugins tab.
Select the sim, then use, then export. In the ‘Export CAS sim' box click on save and finally close down SimPE.

Thank ye, Posie, will check this out!

EDIT: put my downloads back, and PHEW she's back to normal.  Will have to try exporting her to BodyShop when I get the latest SimPE home. (download at work and take home... hmmm I could really use a USB stick rather than all the burning to CD I do...)

She's so... pretty Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2005 September 20, 02:18:48 by VECKI » Logged

<insert witty comment here>
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: