More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 11:12:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Didn't I just tell you to graduate?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Didn't I just tell you to graduate?!  (Read 7081 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Didn't I just tell you to graduate?!
« on: 2005 August 09, 00:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alexander Goth and Meadow Thayer, those ol' lovebirds, finally finished their university studies courtesy of the speediness of the college clock (THANK YOU PESCADO, THANK YOU!)

However, when I told Alex to call to go back to Pleasantview, (coz, like I was gonna waste time with a graduation party where only he wore the grads gear, and Meadow didn't), he got the dialog box asking 'are you sure you don't want to throw a party?', I said, 'yes, I'm sure I don't want to waste time on that crap, it's late and I want to get this pair wedded and bedded and preggers before I go to bed', and he just stood there.  Tried again.  He just stood there.  Tried using the ordinary phone rather than the mobile (I have had issues with the cell phone before).  Same deal.

Tried with Meadow.  Same thing.  Meanwhile their aspirations and needs were steadily dropping so I tried sending them to the different toilets.  They'd walk 3 steps and stop.  Try again, 3 steps and stop.  3 steps and... well you get the idea.  When I finally got Alex in front of the toilet, I told him to go.  He sat down and stood straight up again, with no relief to his bladder.

I checked the Lot Debugger, and found no option that sounded like it could help. I removed anything that looked like it had any custom content from the lot just in case, to no avail.

Eventually I moved them out of the house and into the house next door, where they immediately called on their cell phones again, age transitioned and headed back to Pleasantview with no problems.

Why?

<insert witty comment here>
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Didn't I just tell you to graduate?!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 09, 01:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh good, at least I'm not alone. I had that happen too. The sim would call, I'd click "yes, I'm sure I don't want a party", but the taxi never showed up, he just stood there like a bump on a log. I eventually moved him into another house and he got home without problems. I've been to cowardly to use the house again, so I just bulldozed it. I've never had it happen again.

Another one of the weird happenings in uni is the time I send a teen to college from the neighborhood uni-screen instead of having her phone from home. Taxi arrived, mom and daughter get out. Daughter transitions to YA, mom cries when cow runs by, end of cut-scene. We get to the regular play screen, and what do I see? The daughter is once again a teenager and perfectly useless for uni purposes. I removed her from the dorm and tried again (due  to my general sim-paranoia, a different dorm). Cut-scene, transition, mom cries (this time because of a streaker), cut -scene ends. In the play screen the daughter is now a YA and I can proceed with game-play.

Although this is no help whatsoever to you Vecki, but if someone knows why this happens, I would be interested to know too.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 09, 02:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't a clue how to solve the problem other than what you've done, but the reason for it happening?  Maxis programming!  (Or lack of it!)

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 09, 11:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's caused by a buggered move-out controller. One way I've had of forcing the issue is to advance the clock on them again, so that they are forcibly expelled with the "It's time to return to the real world" instead. They usually can't weasel out of that one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 20, 11:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hate to bump an old thread (yeah yeah I know necromancy and all that) but I am now getting this issue too and can't figure out how to fix it. And yes I have tried getting their clock to tick down until they have no time left on campus and it their meter forever stays full in a state of "leaving" but they just stand there and do nothing. If tell them to move somewhere or do something they start to and stop after a couple of steps. I turned on testingcheats and oddly enough got no error messages. I tried resetting them and that didn't work. Tried with the cell, with the wall phone, selling it and rebuying it, tried the desk phone etc etc. No dice.

Anyone have any insight?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 20, 12:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had exactly the same problem as you Motoki, even down to the moving a few steps and then stopping.  Have you tried a graduation party?  Mine were able to move normally if they had a party, otherwise they couldn't leave no matter how many times I phoned for a taxi.  I tried JM's moveout fix, TwoJeffs one, neither made any difference.  Also nuked all stuck moveouts, that didn't work either.  In the end I had to get someone else to move them into the neighbourhood, or teleport them into a lot.  Allegra Gorey was the worst case and as I reported somewhere, she was never really 'right' and died straight after giving birth.

After installing NL, the two students I had left were both able to move out without parties, but I still deleted Sim State and replaced it with Academie Le Tour. There just seemed too many bugs with too many lots, it seemed easier to start afresh.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 20, 12:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried the party. I hate those useless parties lol but I will give it a try and see if it helps.

I noticed it I did have Pescado's moveoutbugfix which supposedly is compatible with NL, but like you that didn't seem to help. I couldn't really find the one from TwoJeffs unless it's the final exam/class fix in which case I use an old version from MTS2 that completely prevents them from meeting their professors. I know TwoJeffs said just zap them if you don't like them, but it irritates me to know end that all my sims OBSESS over having to be friends with them all the time.

*Edit: I just tried and they are still doing it even when I moved my downloads and saved sims folder to the desktop, so it's not a hack or any custom content causing the problem. I guess it's just a bug and the moveoutfixes aren't fixing it. :p
« Last Edit: 2005 October 20, 12:29:18 by Motoki » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 20, 12:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took your advice Ancient Sim and threw the party for both sims I am trying to graduate. They did grow up into adults but the cab never came. However at least now when I teleport them and move them into a house in the regular neighborhood I don't have to worry about them still being set as young adults.  Sad

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 20, 12:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem with two sims, both in the same household. I tried everything, grad party, call the cab (both though cell phone and normal), using the college clock, nothing! They age transitioned but just stayed there. Had to go back to the core neighborhood, invite them over to a good friend (100/100), then ask them to move in. I found a hack by TwoJeffs that might help though, check it out http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=2606. I haven't used it yet, I had 4 other graduations that went fine after the incident with the other two guys. Oh, and I remember reading in another thread that you should only use the hack when they're about to move out of college (insert hack, start the game, graduate them, move them out, save, exit the game, remove hack, wash, rinse, dry...uh, never mind!).

Edit: I'm in a middle of graduation frenzy right now, I have 12 more sims that are about to complete their studies. Maybe I'll get the glitch in one of them to see if Twojeff's hack is actually working (who would have thought I'd actually WANT a bug to happen?!?). I'll post back tomorrow with the results (off to find something to eat then head for home...the Uni (RL that is!) restaurant caught fire yesterday so I'm back to junk food. Bloody hell!).
« Last Edit: 2005 October 20, 13:09:14 by DrBeast » Logged

Let the Beast inside you free!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 20, 13:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for posting that link Dr. Beast. I looked on VS  but couldn't find it myself. I'll give his fix a try because Pescado's is not working for me.

Oh, and an update on my two sims that were having this problem. They're a couple and I teleported them into her parents house in the regular neighborhood and moved them both in via Inge's shrub. They seem to be okay except for some bizarre reason the girl seems to have caught her fiancee cheating except I have no clue who with and the memories don't say. It couldn't have been something he did autonomously because the only other people he has even a high enough relationship with to attempt any romantic interactions are his mother and a teenage girl, so I don't know what that's all about. Of course she's furious at him now.  Tongue

*edit: I figured out what happened. When I teleported the girl to the lot apparently she was already there visiting so Carol #2 must have seen Bob flirt with Carol #1 and got furious. Talk about a split personality! lol I didn't even notice that happened until I made her over and then noticed another clone of her before she was made over.  Shocked
« Last Edit: 2005 October 20, 15:53:38 by Motoki » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 20, 17:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the problem recently, moved out the male sim with no problems, then I found that the debugger was showing that I needed to unblock something that was preventing the female from following him - checked and the call taxi option or throw graduation party option were both missing, so I used the debugger and she was able to leave - didn't bother with another party, just in case.....

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 20, 17:59:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*edit: I figured out what happened. When I teleported the girl to the lot apparently she was already there visiting so Carol #2 must have seen Bob flirt with Carol #1 and got furious. Talk about a split personality! lol I didn't even notice that happened until I made her over and then noticed another clone of her before she was made over.  Shocked

I've done that so many times! Joe had accidentally set the lobster thermidor (of course) on fire, and I couldn't figure out why he wasn't teleporting out when I told him to. Then I noticed the real Joe was hopping all over the lot, obediently.  Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 20, 18:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It always makes me laugh if you accidentally teleport the same sim to a lot twice!  Or, in one case, I had a sim on a downtown lot, then, intending to teleport in his partner, I teleported him instead!  And he immediately decided to dance with himself!  (But no clones in SimPE, thank goodness!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 20, 22:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to help a simmer with graduate problems.  We are still cleaning hacks out of downloads that she didn't know were there and are about to move on to PC cleanup.  Then we need to get back to her initial problem.  I'm posting it because it sounds similar and we did get quite a detailed description.  I was going to suggest SimPE or an error log next.  Suggestions welcome!

Post 1
" My game is still filed up!!!!!! After my sims graduated from college, I tried to play them and I couldn't!!! It is like you entering an empty lot!!! How do I fix this problem? I have NL, and I installed the patch for it & it still ain't working!!! Will somebody tell me what to do to fix this problem?"

Post  1+nnn
"Hi there. I tried what you said, and it still didn't work. When I went to play one of the sims I had the problem with, he was fine! I could play him, but I couldn't have him to throw a graduation party. The other one, I couldn't play at all !!!!! I bet you the next time, I will have a grad party, so I won't be sad!!! I love my Simmys!!! I neglect my school work to play my game!

I went to the lot like you said, but it's like going to an empty lot!!! House, furniture, appliancese, bathrooms, bedrooms, but No sim! Help me, I'm despirate!! I even move other sims into that same house, still no Casadee Lothario! What is a girl to do??

Scenario #1
For starters, I graduated 2 sims from college. I placed one in a house with his children's mother and played him all on the same day. The next day, I tried to play the other sim, and I couldn't. It was like an empty lot! So I went back to play the Male sim, and the same thing happened with him. So, I cheated using the Tombstone of L and D to add him to the family. I saved it, went back to the same lot, he was gone again like he didn't live there. I tried played the female sim, and it was the same way. Today I played the family with the missing father, and there he was! I played him, got him another job, and saved the lot. I haven't went back yet to see will he still be there, but I bet ya he won't.

Scenario #2
Today, I went to play Casadee Lothario and she wasn't at her lot. Before you go into the lot or you run your mouse over her lot, it will say, "Lothario", but she wasn't there. I move a couple into the same lot and I used the T of L and D to make her join the family. I tried to move the couple out and it would let me do it from the lot, I had to go to the neighborhood view. So, I moved the male sim out and later tried the same thing with the female. The pop-up said, "There is only one adult / elder sim on this lot. Move them out in the neighborhood view. So tomorrow, Casadee will be gone. I could command her, but the lot didn't recognize her. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! "

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 20, 23:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When that person is saying it was like an empty lot it sounds like they are saying the live mode button is greyed out and only buy and build are enabled, just as it is on an empty lot when you are building a house. It's a little different problem than I was having, but I have heard of it before. I'm not certain what might help, I know there are hacks that renable saving but you have to actually be in live mode to use them.

If anyone else can come up with solutions or ideas by all means please post them. Hope you can get their problems worked out, you should be working at EA customer support cwykes. Wink

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 21, 12:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is getting annoying...when you actually WANT to recreate a problem, everything works just fine! I graduated four sims yesterday, all of them moved out after a succesful party (two grad parties per day in a two day streak). All well and good, they age transitioned, got themself new clothes (courtesy of JM of course), the cab arrived and off they went one by one. Grrrr!

Let the Beast inside you free!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 22, 20:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you not just move the missing sim out into the students' bin before loading the house, then move them into another house or a dorm?

Also, have you tried using the FFS debugger?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: