More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 04:41:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Only slightly dead?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Only slightly dead?  (Read 7916 times)
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Only slightly dead?
« on: 2008 March 04, 21:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear me but Grimmy has got it in for me lately what with wussy unscary ghosts and now this.

Simple enough scenario. I was playing the "Traveller" family from BV. Mum puts some toaster pastries in the oven (those things are bloody lethal), turns the kitchen into a raging inferno and the entire family is toast before you can say "Stupid Sims". As it was a pre-made family and I couldn't really care less I saved and exited the lot only to find that the lot shows in the neighbourhood screen as being still occupied by a dead child.

I can (and did) move the corpse child to the "Families" bin and was amused to find I can move this rotting rug-rat to other lots. The taxi shows but no-one gets out yet that lot will show as occupied. By an invisible and evidently immortal brat.

How on earth do I get rid of this bucket-kicked kid? Not a major problem but an odd one. I'm mac-using  BTW so stuff like Sim PE etc isn't an option.

Suggestions?

danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
Re: Only slightly dead?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 04, 22:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Teleport the creature to somewhere and properly kill it this time.
No kiddin.

Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 04, 22:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't SEE the kid. She does not exist. Despite occupying lots there is no-one there. I cannot interact with a brat my computer cannot see.

I assume something went wrong with the death token.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 04, 22:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something similar recently (before I installed FT).  One of the sims on my retirees lot invited a widowed sim to move in, and the widower's late partner was also able to be moved in - except I never saw him.  He appeared on the loading screen after that whenever I loaded the lot.  My retirees lot has a grim reaper phone, so I ended up calling grimmy on the phone, resurrecting the sim, and killing him off again.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 04, 22:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't SEE the kid. She does not exist. Despite occupying lots there is no-one there. I cannot interact with a brat my computer cannot see.

I assume something went wrong with the death token.

Did you try the teleporter bush? You can't see the child that way, either?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 04, 23:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say try teleporting her. Then use the lot debugger to kill her. Pause and queue "Smite...CHILD NAME" four times. Four smitings kills anything. That'll take care of things if she isn't properly dead.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 04, 23:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What teleporter bush and what lot debugger? As I said I'm mac-using so some common PC tools do not work for me.

I can't ressurrect the brat as no-one outside her family knew her. I'm stuck with her. No matter.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 05, 00:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot debugger is found here, in the hacks directory for your latest EP.  Inge's teleporter bush (or cat statue if you have Pets or later) is found at Simlogical.

Or you can resurrect her using the Tombstone of Life & Death, then kill her again using the tombstone.  (Turn on debug mode, shift click on a sim, and select spawn to get the Tombstone of L&D.)  Does not require any other sim knowing her.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 05, 01:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleted 2 Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 05, 01:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that the Lot Debugger has a functionality of "BRING OUT YOUR DEAD" under "Fix", to evict all the dead sims in a family.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kaydee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 05, 14:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say try teleporting her. Then use the lot debugger to kill her. Pause and queue "Smite...CHILD NAME" four times. Four smitings kills anything. That'll take care of things if she isn't properly dead.

I tried to Smite a child yesterday and the name did not appear on my list of available Smitees.  Everyone else on the lot appeared, except for the children.  I assumed that the Smite option was not available for kids.  Y/N?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 05, 15:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think technically kids can't be killed (or maybe even hit) by lightning -- I've never seen one get hit in my game. You'd have to force a death some other way (fire, drowning, flies) using the testing cheats.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 05, 15:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What teleporter bush and what lot debugger? As I said I'm mac-using so some common PC tools do not work for me.

Those are basic Must-Have hacks.  I can't believe anyone with 260+ posts on MATY could be ignorant of the essentialness of the lot debugger.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 March 05, 20:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well excuse me for existing  Grin

I still have no clue what the hell the lot debugger is.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 March 05, 20:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lot Debugger. Put it on every lot.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 March 05, 21:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think technically kids can't be killed (or maybe even hit) by lightning -- I've never seen one get hit in my game. You'd have to force a death some other way (fire, drowning, flies) using the testing cheats.

...or satellite. I had that one happen entirely sadorandomly while all the kids were outside, looking at the clouds while they waited for the bus. Of course, unless you using the cheat, I don't think that'd do any good here, if the OP can't see/order the child.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 March 05, 21:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you kindly Gynarchy. I'll install that directly.

OK update, Awesome as the Lot Debugger is is does not help here as  live mode is not accessible and I have no living Sim to use it with.

The toasted tot still appears in the family bin and the option to move her to a lot is still there but the debugger does not work with no live mode.

Would adding her to an existing occupied lot work do you think?

Yup that worked fine. No tombstone or urn but the stiff sprog is no more.

Thank you to everyone.

« Last Edit: 2008 March 05, 22:31:19 by Ayslhyn » Logged
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 March 06, 14:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect there's another of Pescado's tools for this, but if you move a sim into the lot from the hood screen, you'll be able to get at live mode.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: