More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 17:16:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't visit community lot (Uni+NL)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't visit community lot (Uni+NL)  (Read 10033 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Can't visit community lot (Uni+NL)
« on: 2005 October 15, 01:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with my frat house.  I have no option to visit community lot on the car and there is no option to call transportation on the phone either.  I had this bug once before shortly after installing NL, and I removed all my hacks, but that made no difference.  I moved them out of the house and restored the same house, empty of course, from another neighborhood's Sim State.  After moving them back in, they had the option once again and I sent one or two downtown on dates.  Now the bug is back again and I can't figure out what is causing it.  I thought you could visit anytime, but I waited until after 7 am and then 8 am, but the option never came up.  I even bought a new car to see if that would solve it.  It's the same for everyone in the house.  The sorority house doesn't have this problem, itt's just this one house.  Does anyone have any ideas on what's causing this before I move them out and back in again?
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
Re: Can't visit community lot (Uni+NL)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 15, 01:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope... not a clue.

On the bright side, you'll be able to stuff their goodies into their inventories.  Well... everything except your Sims' paintings and custom beds.  My mother has found those ones to be problematic when moving from one house to another.  (Ironic, since "now your Sims won't have to leave their paintings!" was blurbed by a Maxoid.)

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 15, 02:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed something else.  I can't click on neighbors to switch to their houses.  It shows the little starburst and the name of the lot next to the cursor, but nothing happens when I click on it.  Very frustrating.

Yeah, the inventory helps, other than the bug with placing certain items out of inventory.  But it still takes a lot of time.  Angry

That's awful about the custom paintings because that's one of the first things I thought about when hearing about the inventory.  I thought of career rewards, but that's less of a problem than it was in the beginning now we have collections and cheats.  There's no way to get back paintings though.  Looks like Maxis didn't plan this inventory thing too well.  Cry
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 15, 03:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have NL and everything goes fine about the visiting community lots.

I read somewhere that perhaps the portas l were deleted, that's why you can't order a transportation.

I downloaded the Crammyboy hack that fixes the missing portals. So far I didn't use it, but may be it will help you.

[attachment deleted by admin]
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 15, 03:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed something else.  I can't click on neighbors to switch to their houses.  It shows the little starburst and the name of the lot next to the cursor, but nothing happens when I click on it.  Very frustrating.

Yeah, the inventory helps, other than the bug with placing certain items out of inventory.  But it still takes a lot of time.  Angry

That's awful about the custom paintings because that's one of the first things I thought about when hearing about the inventory.  I thought of career rewards, but that's less of a problem than it was in the beginning now we have collections and cheats.  There's no way to get back paintings though.  Looks like Maxis didn't plan this inventory thing too well.  Cry

Do you have any hacks that override stuff in the phones?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 15, 04:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have any hacks that override stuff in the phones?
yeah I have JM's phone hacks but as I said, even when I took them out, the problem remained.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 15, 05:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I have some more info.  I restored a backup from earlier this evening.  Why I backed up my game this evening I'm not sure, but I quit because the game was a little draggy and I thought maybe it would be a good time to backup because I didn't last night.  So, I thought I would restore it and see if the problem was still there.  I hadn't lost much gameplay at the time I saved, but the option to drive to community lot was still there at this point.  I could also phone for transportation and click on neighbors to switch to them.  I watched carefully and saved every so often after making sure the options were still available.  Ricky Cormier was on a date at home, and he is in his final semester of his senior year.  Everything is going well, and I save at 4:50 am Sim time.  Shortly after that, the options disappeared.  I exited without saving and reloaded.  At 5 am, Ricky received the warning that his final is in 5 hours, and that is when the options disappeared.  I reloaded again, using TwoJeffs' college adjuster and reset his college timer.  This time, 5 am came and went and the options were still there.  I reloaded the lot yet again and set his final to occur in 2 hrs.  The options immediately went away.  I continued on, setting the game on fast forward to see what would happen when he finished his exam.  When he returned at 8 am, the options were there again.  So is this WAD?  Is this to keep the player from cheating more time before the final?  That doesn't really make sense because he could do it any time up until this point.  I thought maybe it was to keep something from messing up if he were to visit a community lot during this time, but that doesn't make sense because it doesn't even let me switch to a neighborhood lot, which is basically the same as saving your game and manually loading the lot after returning to the neighborhood, only faster.  So I don't understand this.  I haven't noticed this in my sorority house, but maybe that's because I wasn't trying to have a date right before the final.  I don't think it would have to do with it being Ricky Cormier, a former teen townie, because the last time I remember this happening, I think one of my born-in-game sims had just graduated.  At least I know what is going on now, but I just want to know if this was the way it was designed to work or a bug.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 15, 07:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's so they'll go to sleep before their exam? Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 15, 13:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it's so they'll go to sleep before their exam? Grin
But why would this affect all the sims on the lot, not just the one with the exam?  And what if they aren't tired enough to sleep?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 15, 17:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joke Joyce!  When you were a student, did you sleep before an exam?  Or did you party?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 15, 17:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joke Joyce!  When you were a student, did you sleep before an exam?  Or did you party?
Ok, I didn't catch that.  Who is Joyce, btw?  I am not a party animal so I guess I slept.  But this was a romance sim.  I make them do all their studying the first day, then they can do what they want until the final.  Sometimes I use the college adjuster to bump up the exam to move them along faster.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 15, 17:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps one of the scripters had to disable lot transitions while the student was away or else some bad edge case could've occurred if you sent someone away.  This is all guessing, though.  If you really feel strongly about this being an issue, please submit a bug at the official website.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 15, 17:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps one of the scripters had to disable lot transitions while the student was away or else some bad edge case could've occurred if you sent someone away.  This is all guessing, though.  If you really feel strongly about this being an issue, please submit a bug at the official website.
Ok, thanks for your response, Tom.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 15, 17:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've no idea who Joyce is/was - it's just a saying.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 15, 18:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've no idea who Joyce is/was - it's just a saying.
Oh, maybe it's British.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 15, 20:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess so, it's an expression you use when someone doesn't get the joke!  I think Joyce is because it's alliterative!  Joke Fred wouldn't sound so good!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 15, 20:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess so, it's an expression you use when someone doesn't get the joke!  I think Joyce is because it's alliterative!  Joke Fred wouldn't sound so good!
Yeah, like negative Nancy.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 15, 20:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked

Any more luck sorting your poor sims out so they can go out for the evening?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 15, 20:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked

Any more luck sorting your poor sims out so they can go out for the evening?
Well, I tested it over at the sorority house and they can still go out and stuff while someone is at a final.  So I don't know why it just affects my frat house.  At least I know what the problem is and that it's not permanent.  I observe some more.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 15, 20:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which frat house is it?  I hate them, they're way too big and difficult to manage, and it's very difficult to get your sims to actually work!  they're forever wandering off to get pizza which they don't need!  I made one of my sims who did that eat two whole pizzas!  funny, even though I have JM's patch, and this is not a lazy sim, he just kept on eating!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 15, 21:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which frat house is it?  I hate them, they're way too big and difficult to manage, and it's very difficult to get your sims to actually work!  they're forever wandering off to get pizza which they don't need!  I made one of my sims who did that eat two whole pizzas!  funny, even though I have JM's patch, and this is not a lazy sim, he just kept on eating!
It's the oresha-urele-cham house.  I use College Rampage with Macrotastics.  I don't mind the pizza, it's free food and less cooking fires/burnt food, but they have to eat several slices to fill their hunger bar.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 16, 03:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I like the lazy buggers to learn to cook!  And I'm gradually moving all of them out now.  (It's the one you said, and even though I've redesigned it, it's still way too big for two remaining sims!  And no matter how much they want it, no more are going there!)

I may be misremembering, but I think I've had similar problems to yours in the past in that house, so maybe the house itslef is bugged?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 16, 04:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I like the lazy buggers to learn to cook!  And I'm gradually moving all of them out now.  (It's the one you said, and even though I've redesigned it, it's still way too big for two remaining sims!  And no matter how much they want it, no more are going there!)

I may be misremembering, but I think I've had similar problems to yours in the past in that house, so maybe the house itslef is bugged?
Hmm, I don't know.  I do know that this house has the same floor plan as the Federal Fortress that comes in the Houses bin, only a but different in the layout of the kitchen, bathrooms, stairs, etc.  I only noticed because somewhere in one of the files when I was importing it or looking in SimPE or something, I saw Federal Fortress in there, and I had never used it before, so I went to look at it in build mode.  I was surprised how similar they are.  I may have to find a new house for my frat boys if this continues, but it's like a family tradition now.  All my boys go through there, and I find it a lot more fun than playing a dorm.  All my sims know how to cook and are maxed out on everything including cooking by the time they make it to Uni.  So they can cook if they want, but pizza is faster and requires less intervention on my part than if they are serving lobster thermidor which they do everytime I look away.  It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't get distracted by every little thing and then leave it burning on the stove.  But that's another story which I have told many times in other forums and threads. Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 16, 04:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a lot of the original houses are bugged or unplayable!  If I use them it's usually only after I've made considerable changes to the layout.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 16, 04:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a lot of the original houses are bugged or unplayable!  If I use them it's usually only after I've made considerable changes to the layout.
I've been using them, but I redesign them too.  I'm just too lazy to start from scratch and there are some nice houses in there.  I like the way the Pleasant's house looks, but I had to do some major reconstruction on it to make it more Sim-friendly.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: