More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 19:57:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The patch will be out tomorrow...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The patch will be out tomorrow...  (Read 92379 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: The patch will be out tomorrow...
« Reply #150 on: 2005 October 14, 11:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In fact, I think that outgoing, hig fun sims recover fast anyway if they live with other similar sims.  The social bunny then mostly only appears when aspirations get very low, and with popularity sims it's generally fairly easy to prevent this by having them meet someone new, etc.

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2005 October 14, 21:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Social bunny is supposed to look transparent, but only if there are two or more on the lot and you're looking at the one that doesn't belong to the sim you have selected.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2005 October 14, 21:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've NEVER allowed two sims on one lot to get that low!

Zephyr Zodiac
FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: 2005 October 14, 22:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Social bunny is supposed to look transparent, but only if there are two or more on the lot and you're looking at the one that doesn't belong to the sim you have selected.

There was definitely only one social bunny on the lot - that family only consists of those two male sims, and the one in the foreground had a full social bar (he'd just spent the morning woohooing).  The female is a townie who'd just wandered by, so unless townies have started bringing invisible social bunnies with them, there was definitely only one bunny present. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2005 October 14, 23:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you have the Mind control Mirror, you could have had a look to see if there was a second one hiding!

Zephyr Zodiac
FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: 2005 October 14, 23:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, but then I couldn't be smug and say it's not my fault, I don't have any hacks or downloads Wink
sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2005 October 14, 23:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone confirm whether or not widowed sims should be able to remarry? I've not had a problem before now but have found that the 'propose...engagement/marriage' option is missing for a couple (Joe Carr and a CAS sim) where the CAS sim is widowed. And of course one of Joe's unrolling wants is to marry his girlfriend. Roll Eyes Is this a bug?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2005 October 14, 23:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe so, but I don't have any widows or widowers so haven't experienced it yet.  I think one of JM's fixes solves the problem, but I don't know if it's compatible with NL.

Zephyr Zodiac
sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2005 October 14, 23:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you following me Zephyr?!  Grin
I realised immediately after posting my question that I thought I was in the NL bugs thread instead of this one. Sorry for the derailing!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2005 October 14, 23:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm only following in so far as if I get a topic notification I tend to look and see what's been posted.  resumably everyone does the same, which is why we tend to follow each other around the board!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2005 October 14, 23:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a sim experiment one day and had everyone in the household drop their social. I had 12 social bunnies hopping around, fighting, flirting, etc. Not the smartest thing for me to do, as I now have all those social bunny character files, but oh, well. Just a drop in the bucket in my hood. I could always see several transparent social bunnies no matter who I clicked on, as well as the non-transparent social bunny belonging to the selected sim.

I have an OT social bunny question that's been bugging me for ages: If you have several social bunnies on a lot, the sim is only aware of the one assigned to him. He makes that "screw loose" gesture if he sees another sim talking to his social bunny, because it looks like he's talking to himself. But when one social bunny gooses another social bunny, every sim in that room gets embarrassed. And if two bunnies are in a fight, all sims cheer them on.

By the way, the water in those pics is from sprinkler pranks gone wild.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2005 October 14, 23:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm only following in so far as if I get a topic notification I tend to look and see what's been posted.  resumably everyone does the same, which is why we tend to follow each other around the board!

zz, we tend to follow each other around quite a bit!
sonofajoiner
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2005 October 15, 00:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe so, but I don't have any widows or widowers so haven't experienced it yet.  I think one of JM's fixes solves the problem, but I don't know if it's compatible with NL.

I've had a nose round my downloads folder and I've got JMP's marriage-postmortum hack already (which has been cleared for NL use by Boris) which is why I can't understand why this has started happening again.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2005 October 15, 02:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, I just had a widower in my game game who couldn't remarry until I forcably severed his marriage ties in SimPE. :p I could swear I've done it in the past in just the normal game without messing with SimPE so not sure if it's something new with NL or just general glitchiness. :p

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2005 October 15, 04:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, I just had a widower in my game game who couldn't remarry until I forcably severed his marriage ties in SimPE. :p I could swear I've done it in the past in just the normal game without messing with SimPE so not sure if it's something new with NL or just general glitchiness. :p
I dont know the patch did nt work in my game I lost all my Custom neighborhoods. and the stuck Nanny reappeared .the patch even messed up my maxis made neighborhoods so I uninstalled and reinstalled night life but didnt patch night life this time I will see if problem is solved this way.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2005 October 15, 05:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wel,, I hope you posted a complaint at the BBS to that effect!  If the patch is causing more problems than it solves, they really do need to address this problem!

Zephyr Zodiac
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2005 October 15, 05:37:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

somebody I know on the BBS had a problem with the patch where they weren't getting walkbys and other sims at community lots and that sort of stuff.

Looks like Maxis will have to patch the patch.

How many months do you think THAT will take?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2005 October 15, 05:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, but I wish they'd learn and try the darn thing themselves!!!!!!  they really ought to have two or three people just playing the game and pushing it to it's limits so they can get some kind of feedback!

Or just employ people like you and me to test things out for them!  I'd love to be paid for just playing my game!!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2005 October 15, 05:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, like I can't BELIEVE they didn't catch the "can't influence other sim to drink Vamprocillin-D" thing. That is why most companies will have somebody PLAYTEST a game before releasing it. Plainly they didn't do that or many many of the bugs we see would have never gotten through the testing process.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2005 October 15, 05:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey wait a minute they are doing the best they can and Maxis is probably being pushed by EA to get it out faster than they should.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2005 October 15, 05:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I agree that EA games is problably partially to blame, but I don't think that completely absolves Maxis of all blame for their shoddy testing practices. It is at least partially their fault.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2005 October 15, 05:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thats fair they are both to blame you know the big boys leaning on the little boys. and Maxis problaby dont have as much say as they once did.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2005 October 15, 08:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've gathered, the vast majority of the people are not having any problems with the patches.  However, the ones that are heard the most are those with problems.  Unfortunately others hear these concerns and assume that everyone else is having problems as well.

Whether you believe me or not, it's not for lack of trying.  We tested as thoroughly as we could in the amount of time we had, but it is impossible to catch everything.  It is also nearly impossible to verify that the patches are causing problems or incompatible third party modifications.  I'm not trying to place any blame here, but some of the mods may just not be compatible with the newer code in NL and in the patches.

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having problems.  Please use the official bug form on the BBS to submit the bugs you have found.  If you could verify that they do indeed occur without 3rd party modifications, that would be great.  If you are having "jump" or "reset" bugs, you can turn on testingCheatsEnabled and get the error dump that results from that in your My Docs\The Sims 2\Logs directory.  That will be very helpful to us in tracking down any problems you may have.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2005 October 15, 08:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidTom  Did the patch fix the problem that if someone got eaten by the cow plant and there was no memory of the deathtrought the hood.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2005 October 15, 08:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidTom  Did the patch fix the problem that if someone got eaten by the cow plant and there was no memory of the deathtrought the hood.

To answer your question, I don't know, though I'm not sure I understand what the bug is, exactly.  Is it that the sim gets eaten and you expect that everyone has a memory of the death?  Or that everyone does have a memory of the death, but they shouldn't?

Unfortunately, I do not know all the bugs that were fixed by the patch(es).  The list we posted on the official BBS is rather large and there may be problems users have seen that have a common cause that we have fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: