More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 01:40:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05  (Read 87068 times)
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: New Open for Busioness Video 1/05/05
« Reply #50 on: 2006 January 06, 20:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bought every single one of the EP's for TS1.  I liked them all, with the exception of Vacation.

I really disliked Vacation. It was pretty pointless. I did build quite a few really lovely beach resorts ... but my sims never used them. I wasn't even all that fond of Hot Date. By the time they got around to Makin' Magic, I had pretty much stopped playing the sims. I bought it, but I only played it once or twice. My favorites were Livin' Large, House Party, and Unleashed. I liked the first two for the new clothes/hair/furniture/etc they added to the game, and I liked Unleashed for the pets and the food-growing and stuff. I didn't like any of the ones that made me go to some whole other place where I pretty much had to leave my house to get the proper effect, and so I hope that we'll start getting expansion packs that move away from that (or, damn, even a party pack with really good furniture and hair!).

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 January 06, 23:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No matter how cool it looks, you're still waiting 6-8 weeks for it to be awesomeized. I liked it better when it consisted of proper asshattery on the part of the sims, anyway. But it'll still 6-8 weeks even if I put the order in right when it comes out. So nyah. If you want it to arrive faster, we're gonna need a lot more subscription revenues.

Pescado's mail is delivered on the back of a donkey, a very old one me think
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 January 06, 23:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want it to arrive faster, we're gonna need a lot more subscription revenues.

I'll make sure to send in mine early next month.   Wink

Well, Blue, since you are JM's sister, or thunder receiver or whatever, can't you get it to him sooner?   Wink Wink

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 January 06, 23:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Blue, since you are JM's sister, or thunder receiver or whatever, can't you get it to him sooner?   Wink Wink

C

Every part of that statement has problems with it; on one hand, I've heard some horror stories about "Pescado" family reunions, but on the other, "thunder receiver" scares the bejesus outta me too.  Shocked
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 January 07, 00:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every part of that statement has problems with it; on one hand, I've heard some horror stories about "Pescado" family reunions, but on the other, "thunder receiver" scares the bejesus outta me too.  Shocked

LOL   Grin  You know I'm pulling your chain.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 January 07, 00:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROBOTS! YAY!

I've wanted robots for ages. Robots are one of my favorite things. Ever. Robot stories, pictures of robots, reports on robots, games with robots, whatever. Happy now.

If it's not bugtastic, I'll be getting it. Little robots that go crazy and evil, big robots that do yet-to-be-revealed stuff . . . Whee! If the robots are controllable sim type things, I'll be even happier.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 January 07, 02:00:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone should put money in a pool so JM can pre-order the expansion. It will no doubt require awesome-izing, judging by Maxis's history with University and Nightlife...
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 January 07, 06:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey! I made a word, and now people are using it. Cool. Now I've done that in TWO languages.

You have all been awesome-ised.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 January 07, 14:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one thing I really, really miss from the old game was the ability to grow your own food and have a farming family. That was the best thing about Unleashed, screw the crappy pets! I am still holding my breath, however, because I didn't see anything about growing vegetables in the video... I would pay thirty bucks just for that, If I can't make a self-sufficient family with this new EP I will be really disappointed.

Okay, I liked the Jazz musician too.

speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 January 07, 18:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So sad.  I have been excited about this EP since I first heard about it.  I keep checking the official site and this week saw the new video.  What am I focused on? What about this video has me completely smitten?  The soundtrack.  Anyone else here a former PS2 player?  The audio for this vid is the music used for either build or buy mode in the original Sims for PS2.  Warm and Fuzzy from Sims?  So sad.  I feel like a sick puppy every time I click the link on my desktop I created just so I could hear the music. 

Do you think that music will come with the EP?  Please say yes, please say yes.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 January 07, 19:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS2 = aliens
Uni = zombies
NL = vampires

so what are we getting in OFB? anyone have any ideas? I haven't seen any real discussions on it *is shocked*

I never watch the videos (take forever on my connection) so I've been enjoying reading this thread and getting everyone elses impressions on it.

seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 January 07, 21:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one thing I really, really miss from the old game was the ability to grow your own food and have a farming family.

Me too! I liked having a 'garden'.

Hopefully, OFB will be cool. I'm sure we will all find something good about it and lots of bad things about it.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 January 07, 23:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would so love some more plants. The ones we have are so boring, I hardly ever bother making gardens anymore. Plus, growing your own food be great - even Ethiopian challenge sims could finally eat.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2006 January 08, 07:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really wish I could say I was getting breathless over this x-pack but so far I'm not.  I do think I'll buy it, though, mainly because there reaches a point in my sims' lives where they just don't have enough to do and too stinkin' much money to do nothing with!  Maybe this way some of them could make a few bad investments!  Grin

One thing that really turns me off is the 'mascot' outfits.  Oh yeah--my sims need more stupid clothes in my game they'll never wear.

Now elevators--UBER cool!

Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 January 08, 12:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS2 = aliens
Uni = zombies
NL = vampires

so what are we getting in OFB? anyone have any ideas? I haven't seen any real discussions on it *is shocked*
I would love werewolves, but we're unlikely to get those until at least a 'pets' expansion... if at all.

Hmm... with the robots theme, bionic Sims possibly?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2006 January 08, 12:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

12th of January Tim leTourneau will have a presentation at Brussels and the lucky ones who get chosen to go will be able to play the game themselves! I didn't even apply yet and I'm already making up excuses to no go to work!!! Grin

Is this  Brussels, Belgium - like where I live?  How do I get an invite - who's going?  Do you need a chaufeuse etc etc?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 January 08, 13:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing that really turns me off is the 'mascot' outfits.  Oh yeah--my sims need more stupid clothes in my game they'll never wear.
I dunno, that mascot outfit business has promise. I heard mention of ninjas. At last, the circle will be complete, and we'll be able to reenact the epic conflict of Ninja against Pirate in TS2. Stay tuned for community lots swarmed by ninjas duking it out with pirates.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 January 08, 23:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ninja! Wooh!

If it does turn out that "robot" or some variation thereof is the new species . . .

Robot Ninjas versus Alien Zombie Vampire Pirates!

Or, if they're combinable:

Vampire Robot Ninjas versus Alien Zombie Pirates!

Or even:

Robot Zombie Alien Vampire Ninjas versus Zombie Alien Vampire Robot Pirates!

I should stop now. But truly, the sheer awesomeness of Ninjas would most definitely warrant the purchase of this expansion pack.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: 2006 January 09, 04:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah Ratchet and Clank 3...Robotic Ghost Pirate Ninjas... Grin

I wouldn't mind the ninjas.  The business prospect I'm still trying to figure into my neighborhood...

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 January 09, 12:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are Robotic Ghost Pirate Ninjas in R&C3? I ended up getting Need For Speed Most Wanted instead. I played the demo for R&C3 when it came out and I didnt really like it all that much, not enough breaking stuff and too much running for your life. I quickly got broed with it. I wish I would have gotten the demo to Jax & Daxter Combat Racer, it looked fun.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 January 09, 16:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah Ratchet and Clank 3...Robotic Ghost Pirate Ninjas... Grin

I wouldn't mind the ninjas.  The business prospect I'm still trying to figure into my neighborhood...
As far as I remember, they were only Robotic Pirate Ghosts. But here's a completely relevant cheat for R&C3:

On the "select a Vid-comic" screen, press square. Then enter the password "_MEGHAN_" to unlock Pirate vs. Ninja.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 January 10, 03:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a warning Angelynne, my cow plant ATE MY SIM!!!  And a tip for those of you in South Australia; Big W quite often has the new releases of The Sims 2 EP's out A DAY EARLIER than the official release date. 

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 January 10, 03:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are Robotic Ghost Pirate Ninjas in R&C3? I ended up getting Need For Speed Most Wanted instead. I played the demo for R&C3 when it came out and I didnt really like it all that much, not enough breaking stuff and too much running for your life. I quickly got broed with it. I wish I would have gotten the demo to Jax & Daxter Combat Racer, it looked fun.

Jak X is fun. No Pirate Ninjas or anything, but lots of explosions and general mayhem. And a generically foreign dude. Probably not the best Jak and Daxter game, but it's the only one with a two player mode. And they basically scrapped everything that happened in the second half of Jak 3, plotwise. Except Daxter's pants. A most wise decision.

One thing, though. Tan pants and chaps, not a good look. No . . . You keep thinking "Wait -- why isn't Jak wearing pants?" This is bad.

I've really got to look into Ratchet and Clank. Heard good things about it.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 January 10, 03:30:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot to say...I'M EXCITED!!!!

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 January 10, 11:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think that music will come with the EP?  Please say yes, please say yes.

Past experience tells me that if the music is in an official pre-release video, it makes its way to the actual expansion, as well.

I may be the only person on the planet who liked the original Sims music enough to copy the mp3's before uninstalling. I now have most of the music from Vacation, Unleashed, and Superstar, on the stereos in TS2. The Makin' Magic music is my Build Mode music. Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: