More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 16:03:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Userstartup cheat file
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Userstartup cheat file  (Read 10760 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Userstartup cheat file
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 08, 06:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So our right hand drive vehicles are much more appropriate to attacking each other?
Yes. In the left-hand-drive system, for a driver to fire upon a vehicle he is pursuing or an oncoming vehicle, the driver must fire left-handed, or be forced to fire through the windshield (which may not be feasible if the windshield is bulletproof). A driver that is being pursued in the left-handed drive system must fire over the shoulder or offhanded at a pursuer as well, although in most cases, this is a minor consideration as the driver is unlikely to be able to see what he is firing at anyway, unless he wants to crash. Right-hand-drive allows the driver fire right-handed, and as most people are right-handed, this results in improved accuracy.

Similarly, in a left-handed vehicle, a passenger firing on a pursuing vehicle must either lean further out of the vehicle (exposing himself more and increasing the risk of falling out of the vehicle), or fire left-handed, whereas in a right-handed vehicle, a passenger-side gunner can attack his pursuers right-handed without additional exposure.

Naturally, as an ambidexterous individual, I favor the left-handed system, as most people are right-handed and this system inconveniences them more. Road warfare in Australia is more deadly! Why do you think Mad Max was set in Australia?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 08, 11:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, 'wrong' is a purely subjective term. Considering that an american invented the automobile...

While the design for the first American automobile (by George Baldwin Selden) was done in 1877, it wasn't actually patented and built until 1905. A German, Karl Benz, got the first patent for and built the first working automobile in 1886, followed not long after by Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach. And all the original patents for internal combustion engines come from Europe (mostly Germans). So who actually 'invented' the  automobile isn't as cut and dry as saying an American did it.

thank you for taking this one up! Grin

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 January 08, 12:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what the format and purpose of the userlogsettings.cheat file is.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 January 08, 13:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once I've taken a look briefly, on possibility to set personal logs, but eventually I gave up when I saw my standard conf log (under Mac OS X 10.4.8 ) reports

Code:
OS version:      Windows NT 5.1

I don't trust them too much Tongue.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 January 09, 01:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what the format and purpose of the userlogsettings.cheat file is.

I don't think it is an automatically recognized filename, like userstartup.cheat, because I had to use a 'run' command (with full path) in the userstartup.cheat file to make it do anything.
I caused a lot of stuff to be logged when I had this on (I have it commented out right now), but never succeeded in getting any really useful information about why some of my defective home-made packages didn't work (solved, of course, with edit/test/repeat efforts).
So I wondered if anyone else used it before (perhaps with better results). Seems not.

And I would agree, OS X and Windows XP ought to be logged as different entries.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: