More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 23:05:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Instant Loves Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Instant Loves Question  (Read 15507 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
No Instant Loves Question
« on: 2007 March 05, 13:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got the most recent, Seasons-updated 'No Instant Loves' hack, and I was curious if it took into account the seasonal changes in the way relationships grow.

I currently have my neighborhood (and all subhoods, since you can set them separately) set to eternal summer. I'll be changing that eventually, but for now, it's summer. Summer is friendship time, and I've noticed that friendships go up pretty easy. The problem I've run into, is I have a couple of very one-sided relationships. One couple, he's in love with her but she's not with him. She has the want in her panel to fall in love with him, but nothing seems to make this happen. I've had them go on dates, I've had them woohoo in the tub, in the bed, in the car, in the photobooth, and all over the place. They're completely all over each other, but she can't seem to actually fall in love with him.

The other couple isn't quite as bad, since they aren't that compatible and I'm forcing the issue. Still, she's in love with him, and he's not in love with her, even though he should at least have a crush by now.

Up until Seasons, I'd found that 'No Instant Loves' made it harder to get sims to fall in love, but not impossible. If I really wanted them to be in love, it just took a little extra effort.

So, is this just me, something wrong with the hack, or just the way it's interacting with Seasons?

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: No Instant Loves Question
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 05, 15:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's Seasons.  I had a wealth/family couple that were married pre-Seasons.  She was in love with him.  He was the family sim, and had a want to fall in love, but wouldn't fall in love with his wife no matter what I did.  In the end I gave up on getting him to fall in love.  He eventually died of old age, never having been in love.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 05, 18:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes family sims need an engagement proposal before they'll fall in love. This seems a bit backward, IMO, but it works. Just have the other sim propose, and the family sim will fall in love shortly after (assuming s/he accepts the proposal).

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
zoebme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 05, 18:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you have the latest version of the latest version. I'm pretty sure this takes the seasons into account, since I sort off asked about it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7478.0.html . Maybe you could also try spring, I think that helps with romance. And maybe the hack is just quite realistic, and some sims won't ever fall in love with others. Or at least particular others.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 05, 19:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes family sims need an engagement proposal before they'll fall in love. This seems a bit backward, IMO, but it works. Just have the other sim propose, and the family sim will fall in love shortly after (assuming s/he accepts the proposal).

Not the case in my game. 

My wealth sim was the one who proposed to the family sim (he was an NPC).  He didn't fall in love with her after being proposed to.  He died of old age, never having fallen in love with his wife, although she was in love with him.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 05, 19:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The engagement option isn't available unless the proposing sim is in love, correct? And will the other sim accept if they're not in love? I'm guessing the way you're talking, they will and it's based more on the relationship score rather than the love status.

The two sims I'm talking about are knowledge sims.

Basically, I want those two to be in love, but I want him to propose to someone else for story reasons. I can't have him do that until I'm sure they're actually in love, though. :}

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 05, 19:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having one of them get engaged to someone else is probably a sure way to get them to fall in love, actually. Because of perversity.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 05, 21:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does seem to be based more on relationship score than on actual love, from what I've observed. I hooked Cyd Roseland up with Tara Kat, and even though their relationship was at 100/100, she didn't actually fall in love with him until he proposed, even after two dreamdates, but I think this is because she's a family sim. They had 3 bolts for each other, btw. I've had this happen with other family sims, too - once the other sim proposes, the family sim falls in love with the next romantic action performed (flirting, etc). I don't know if it works the same way with other aspirations.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 06, 06:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cyd and Tara are very in love in my game, and no proposals or anything yet. I'm waiting to play his lot next to get her to move in with him, since I'm not too fond of her house. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 06, 17:37:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just realised that I have 'noinstantloves' installed (I thought I had left that one out), so this could very well be why my family sims don't fall in love right away (duh). I kind of enjoy the challenge, though, so methinks I'll leave it in.

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 06, 18:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I have had noinstantloves.package installed for quite some time, I haven't really noticed its effects until recently. I suppose I haven't really been paring up too many Sims until recently, either, though, so that may be it. Tongue
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 06, 19:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having this problem of one sided love a lot lately, since installing Seasons. I am removing it to see if it helps any, I'll be sure to let you know.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 06, 20:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having this problem of one sided love a lot lately, since installing Seasons. I am removing it to see if it helps any, I'll be sure to let you know.
One sided love seems pretty normal to me. In most relationships, one side is the loser.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 March 06, 21:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One sided love seems pretty normal to me. In most relationships, one side is the loser.

Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 March 06, 21:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, it just makes woohoo hard. And something I updated must be giving me the "stack out of range" error but I dunno what it was. *sighs*

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 March 07, 00:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frigid sims caused by noinstantlove aren't new with Seasons.  I have base and OFB and I have several problems like this.  This is posted on other threads, but I'm too lazy to hunt up the link for you.  The really irritating thing is that with noinstantlove, make out is harder than woohoo.  Vera is in love with another Sim, doesn't matter how hard she tries, he's not in love, not even a crush and he won't make out with her.  She eventually got him to woohoo in a hottub, but even then he wouldn't make out with her.  I think she might have got a pink heart on his side by then.  If you marry them, you can play both sides of the relationship and it's not so hard to manage.  I have several couples like that.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 March 07, 00:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that's what casual romance is for Wink

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 March 09, 02:31:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had it happen the opposite way - noinstantloves doesn't seem to do anything for my Sims, especially when paired with ACR, which turned one of my Fortune Sims into the town nympho; she'll do anyone who's a two-bolter for sure, and even a few one-bolts, with an STR of 20ish or more, and they're alll always falling in love with each other. I imagine if she was a Romance Sim and actually got aspiration points for all this, she wouldn't be doing any of it Tongue
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 March 09, 04:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's her autonomy? If it's set higher than 2, that's probably why she's a slut.  Tongue

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 March 09, 22:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's set to the non-static, so I'm not sure, but I imagine it's probably around four... and it's also likely because she isn't related to half the neighborhood like some of the others are, heh. I did try to set it to Very Low when she ended up in bed with a Sim I'd set to spouse only, but it didn't seem to help at all. I'm just surprised she hasn't gotten pregnant yet either, but I guess it's one of those things where some Sims are more fertile than others. Oh well, it does make it interesting...
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 March 19, 11:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have sims fall all the time even with the mod in place, but I think my sims where all to nice. Make them less nice and they will not fall for everyone. Sometimes even no one. I love it ;-)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 March 19, 19:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have sims fall all the time even with the mod in place, but I think my sims where all to nice. Make them less nice and they will not fall for everyone. Sometimes even no one. I love it ;-)

Maybe THAT explains it. I've got a Knowledge Sim zombie who has had a want to fall in love with her friend forever, but no matter what they do together (which is everything thanks to Two Jeff's ACR) she simply will not fall in love with him. She's not even in crush with him. It's odd because she constantly stalks him, initiates romantic interactions and always has some want to do something with him. But she doesn't actually have the 'in love' marker. He is completely in love with her, though, and he's just as mean as she is. I'm this close to going in to pulling out the hack, having him flirt with her to make her fall in love, and then putting the hack back in.

Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 March 20, 00:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a bug.  It's not some thing about personality conflicts or aspiration conflicts or the fact that some sim rolled over in their grave.  Just a bug.  You can trigger Love through certain actions (flirts and kisses that aren't the whole shebang), but it takes some coaxing.  I managed to get a pre-made married Maxis couple from Seasons to finally not be mad at each other in the family portrait by having them caress hands at the dinner table one night.   Roll Eyes  And Daniel and MarySue Pleasant got their love-shack on after kissing each other up the arm.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 March 20, 03:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, no. It's about sims who are willing to get married but never fall in love. I had the same thing as a couple of people have described with the ex-Diva. She never fell in love with her husband, although she rolled wants to marry him and woo hoo, and they did lots of romantic interactions. The thing I thought was interesting was the comment about niceness, because she is another mean one.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 March 20, 09:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're REALLY having trouble getting sims you REALLY want to to fall in love, try using that otherwise-useless love potion.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: