More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 23:30:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Question about clothing racks..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Question about clothing racks..  (Read 14166 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Question about clothing racks..
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 29, 15:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

And the kids could all be elves!

Zephyr Zodiac
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 29, 21:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too use the wetsuite for aliens...makes more sense that they are uniforms for spacemen than wetsuits anyway - wetsuits should be in the swimwear bin!  And if they were, I might use them as they were intended - as wetsuits! 

They're not intended as wetsuits; wetsuits would either be barefoot, or have flippers. They're sci-fi-esque bodysuits, with boots.

I tend to use a lot of the costumes as Townie Punishment clothing.  Townie Punishment Clothing is anything I don't mind seeing in my neighborhood, but would never put on a playable Sim I had to deal with regularly. And admittedly, considering that I deliberately create Townies to wear Townie Punishment Clothing, it may be a bit cruel and unusual.

But then, I like having strange scenery Townies  show up on walkby.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7272/10272007184114tb2.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9231/09012007204424sc6.jpg
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7277/08202007092846kz2.jpg
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4701/10092007211131bg2.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8908/10082007153610yb3.jpg

I did use the gorillas once, in Lilith's toystore - they looked really stupid and if you or I worked in something like that, I think we'd collapse with heat exhaustion and breathing difficulties!  But gorilla suits, trousers with little aprons at the front, and most of the rest of the OFB wardrobe does not belong in everyday wear!  One shudders to think what EAxis programmers consider suitable wear for the office!

Ultimately, I've used almost every costume, either for Business Purposes, or  as Townie Punishment Clothing (I  consider the FFS Hawaiian clothing to be part of that category, but not the NL Biohazard Goggles). Nobody's currently wearing the Gorilla Suit, though. That may change...

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 29, 22:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're not intended as wetsuits; wetsuits would either be barefoot, or have flippers. They're sci-fi-esque bodysuits, with boots.

That's how I thought of them, but reading nva's post, I wondered if I'd imagined the boots......

Zephyr Zodiac
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 October 30, 01:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I consider them sci-fi clothing, as well, but somebody else had called them wetsuits (the OP?), so rather than confuse the situation, I referred to them as such when responding.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 October 30, 03:38:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I didn't reread that far back....now we're all confused!

Zephyr Zodiac
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 October 30, 08:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'd totally agree with you about shared PCs, but unfortunately that's all a lot of kids have access to - and with the latest anti-stalker advice for parents being not to have computers in kids' rooms as it makes it harder to monitor who they are chatting to, a lot of parents will just have one PC for the whole family in the living room - and anything that replaces a default will replace it for all users. [...]

Yes but this is where MY solution comes in.. (wife and I used to share this computer, still do when it comes to Sims)

Clone the Downloads folder, name it for the user, and store all required hax/fixes/cc in it. If you like, subdivide by theme - I'm slowly working my way through our bloated (nearly 5 gig) Downloads folder, throwing out anything I don't like/want, and foldering up anything I recognize and want to keep. Since we didn't start out so organized, there's tons of nonfoldered content.. This.. sucks.
Before I started, I saved a full copy of the Downloads folder to The Wife's Beast, so when she plays, I can swap HER junky crap back in and when I play, I don't have to skip past fifteen recolors of her favorite lingerie that I can't stand to find MY fifteen recolors. lol

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 October 30, 12:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you run through your stuff with the Clean Installer, you can move stuff into folders, or remove it, without having to close the program, use SimPE and you can't move or delete anything until you close the program down.  It takes much less time to load and run through the files too - just move all the folders you have into a new Downloads folder first, so it doesn't confuse you by listing those files.

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 November 01, 10:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm enjoying Delphy's download organiser as well - that actually searches for orphans as well as duplicates and you can move things around.  Any experience to share on that one?

I'm another vote for aliens in wetsuits.  I've never used the diving costumes or the gorillas - never mind the downloads of chicken hats and heart shaped glasses.  Most of the hats in game are really awful too!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 November 01, 12:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't they just!  And I hate how there isn't a single hat for afro-haired sims, which means they either don't get a winter hat, or they get one with the wrong hair underneath, which is silly, you don't get the straighteners out every time you put your hat on!

I think my absolute favourite hat is Sims2Sisters Spring Hair, which unfortunately doesn't have matching hair without the hat, but maybe one day I'll find a hair that is a good match for it.

Zephyr Zodiac
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 November 02, 01:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims2Sisters' Spring Hair recolors with hatless mesh:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8497.0.html

Vampire hair with bangs:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=232467

Curly/Wavy hair with "hat" (gypsy bandanna) by DJ_Mur3:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147214

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 November 02, 01:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BastDawn, I truly bow down to your awesomeness at Google!  And thank you for providing links! Grin

Ah, it's not awesomeness at Google, after all, it's awesomeness at dehatting sims!  Haven't been able to download yet, but I'll keep trying.  I registered there, so might even upload something.....

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2007 November 02, 01:58:16 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 November 02, 02:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grrr.  FileCrunch has been down too much recently.  Try this:  http://www.mediafire.com/?59thx0udpe0

And it's not dehatting; the Sims2Sisters hair mesh without a hat has a massive hole in the head.   Shocked  (A good thing, actually, as it makes the mesh less complex and strains the computer less to render it.)  The hat-free hair mesh I made is the NL vamp hair with bangs added; my recolors of the S2S hat use the same mesh for the hat-free state as the Vamp hair I have on MTS2.  You could have just that one and make it work with Seasons or BV using the hair-per-outfit selector.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 November 02, 04:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it looks like dehatting in game!  I use the hatless short ponytail from TSR2 a lot for that (can't remember whose it is, though, and still no cash to sort out my main computer!) but only really pretty sims can have that hair without looking awful!  The advantage of the Spring Hair is it covers a lot of the face, LOL!

I think something is off at File Crunch, but I shall keep trying just to see whether it improves!  Then, if I can't get it there, I'll use the other link.  Cheers!

Well, nothing's changed at File Crunch, so I got it from Media Fire on the first attempt.  Thank you!
« Last Edit: 2007 November 02, 05:06:09 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: