More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 15:02:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  replacement skintones
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: replacement skintones  (Read 6545 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
replacement skintones
« on: 2007 October 27, 13:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted this on MTS2 two days ago but no reply so far.  I think it's justifiable for me to try elsewhere after this time Smiley

Are the default nude skins (for someone with all EPs) still in the basegame Sims07 file?   I couldn't find them in the Bon Voyage equivalent.   Anyway my problem is I edited the textures in situ in Sims07, because I was lazy and not intending to share them anyway (they're not that carefully done) but my in-game sims are still wearing their old horrid orangey skins, and the new ones are not offered in CAS either.

What's my mistake?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: replacement skintones
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 27, 13:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Far as I know, any component of the base game is not duplicated in any expansions, so it should still be there. All the default-replacements I've seen are expansion-independent and have continued to function with each expansion. Not sure why your sims are ORANGE, though. Is your monitor fragged?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 27, 14:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:giggle:  It's just an orangier tone than I think right for skin.  So I made S1 much paler and pinkish (less yellow) while S2 is also pale but yellowish and S3 is a darker S2, and S4 I made darker with slightly more blue.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 29, 01:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:giggle:  It's just an orangier tone than I think right for skin. 

It's all that Ambre Solaire!

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 29, 10:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So nobody on the whole of MTS2 or MATY knows how to get this to work?!?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 29, 10:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still don't understand what it is that you've done. Default replacement skins are old, old news, so surely you're not having problems with that. So what exactly have you done, and what do you mean by your sims still being orange? Was the orange the default replacement? If so, try removing it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 29, 16:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can suggest is to restore the original file and clone the resources you want to replace.  I think there are some copies of the skin textures in later EPs.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 29, 18:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried putting them in my downloads folder first - they didn't show up on the sims from there.  That's one of the reasons I went on next to edit the file directly.  Is there maybe just something I haven't understood, like existing sims and CAS templates have their textures already stored in their files?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 29, 19:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some default skins need the non-default versions installed in addition to the default skins. Sorry if you've already tried this.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 29, 19:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is these are literally imported at the .png level - I didn't even change the names or instance numbers of the texture resources.   

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 29, 20:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No that can't be it.  I've made and switched lots of texture replacements over the years and it always affects exsisting sims.

What exactly are you doing?

Are you replacing all textures?  All sizes?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 29, 20:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\Sims07.package  I replaced afbodynaked(various endings) and afface for S1 and S4.  I only did the women cos I wanted to compare them with their same-coloured partners to see if it had worked.

I replaced the Image 256x256 downwards, but not the lifos cos they only had grey and white checked images so I didn't know what they were for.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 29, 20:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be the LIFOs overriding then.  They only appear to be blank, the real LIFOs are in Sims08-13.package
I usually just replace the TXTR with one 1024x1024 PNG and remove all the other sizes.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 29, 20:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to be clear, are you saying I should update the LIFOs in the sims08-13 files, or just put the huge image into the relevant resources in Sims07?

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 30, 23:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure the files/textures you need aren't actually somewhere else?  One of the Maxis base skins was broken, if people remember it, the baby skin was missing which caused 'one eyed baby' syndrome.  This bug was fixed in several patches (because Maxis naturally unfixed it with subsequent EPs).  Inge would know better than me about the game mechanics about how the game finds textures but if the default skin textures have been fixed, is it not likely that the location of the textures is no longer in the base game files and therefore the instructions to find the textures are pointing to a different address?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 30, 23:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to be clear, are you saying I should update the LIFOs in the sims08-13 files, or just put the huge image into the relevant resources in Sims07?

Put it in the texture resource, the sims 07 one.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 31, 17:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a possibility, Maxon.  It's complicated a bit by the fact that although the game only runs the very latest Objects.package, it does seem to refer the past stuff in the 3D folders.

Ok I tried putting editing the Sims07 again using the larger image as advised, but it's still not appearing in my game Sad   If I want to do this I will probably have no choice but to follow one of those tutorials for editing someone's default skin package.  Seems silly to have to have some huge files when editing the original should have done the trick, so my enthusiasm is waning a bit Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: