More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 18:39:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Overriding Business-related wants on a Home Lot--Possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Overriding Business-related wants on a Home Lot--Possible?  (Read 5557 times)
richlenore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Overriding Business-related wants on a Home Lot--Possible?
« on: 2008 April 07, 15:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did google every possible combination of the above question without coming up with anything, btw, but poke away if this is a stupid question.  I prefer my businesses to be on residential lots, but each time I've tried a new business, every person in the family starts to roll only business wants. My last family all wanted to hire someone--anyone. Even the teenagers wanted to hire their best friends.  I have mostly MATY hacks, including greater LTW variety. Is there a hack that would keep every single want slot from being clogged with wanting to hire someone? This always happens after about the 2nd or 3rd day of running a business.  Quitting the lot and then returning seems to reset and then I get some other want types rolling in.  Is this "normal" or is something getting stuck somewhere?  *Sits back and waits for poking to commence*
adelegarland
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Overriding Business-related wants on a Home Lot--Possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 07, 17:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think its a problem with hacks.  I have many home businesses and don't get that problem.  Occaisionaly one of the kids gets a "hire someone" want but it goes away pretty quickly.  But i never get that many.  i think you should remove the hacks and try again...  Hope that helps a little.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 07, 18:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims often seem to get wants related to whatever they are currently doing.  If they meet someone new, they inevitably get wants to have that person as a friend (and then best friend, in saecula saeculorum, ad nauseum).  Stands to reason, especially given sadorandomness in the game, that if your sims have been working on the family business for 2-3 days, they will start rolling more wants in this area.

That said, I have never had a sim whose wants are totally taken over by the business wants, nor do all the family members get "obsessed" in this way (mind you, I don't generally have the whole family involved in the business).

It certainly does not hurt to check your hacks and download any updates.  Have you tried using the lot debugger to fix/nuke/etc. anything that might need it?

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 07, 18:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, are you letting your sims sleep? If you're not doing anything to make a sim re-roll their Wants, it might seem like they're stuck on one thing all the time.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
richlenore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 07, 19:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions. As a matter of fact, I do tend to keep them obsessively slaving away at their business so they can make a lot of money quickly, so maybe it's no wonder that they want to hire some help!  I have tried the Lot Debugger with no effect, and letting them sleep.  What helps the most is leaving the lot and reloading it, then everything resets.  The problem may be more related to the way I'm playing them, with an object hack to keep them in Platinum and all their needs in the green, so that probably explains the lack of variety in their wants. I will try playing without using the hack and not keep the business open for 24-7 and see how it goes. Thanks again!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 07, 19:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never bother with obsessing about sims making money - they seem to do that anyway, usually more easily than I would like.  If what you want is rich sims, an OFB business is not the way to go.  If you have BV, you send them to the back yard and have them dig for stuff.  If you have two of them do it for half a day, you will make a cool pile-o-cash just from selling rocks and bones.

My sims do not concentrate on anything.  A business is a place to park a sim, happily controlled by BRY, so I can get other sims to do more fun things, fulfill wants, etc.  They are there to entertain me.

Tribulatio proxima est
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 07, 19:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just take their toilet away, then they start throwing wants to buy a toilet.  At least it makes a change.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 07, 20:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Sims roll up wants to fire the employee and do other business owner related things when they were merely visiting a community-lot owned business belonging to someone else... that was just with OFB newly installed, so I don't know how things work now, as I haven't sent anyone to that lot while playing them since  Undecided

With my romance-sim "brothel" home business they occasionally get business wants but not to hire people, so I'm not sure where that would be coming from. There are plenty of lot residents though, so maybe after a certain number they don't want to hire anymore.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 08, 02:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take advantage of the want trees.  Lock one of the non-business wants that leads on to other wants when you go into the lot.

Jolrei already mentioned the "meet someone/make friends with/be best friends/BFF" want tree.  There's also the hug/flirt/kiss/makeout/woohoo want tree.  Then there's the skilling want tree - gain a skillpoint/gain level 2 of that skill/etc.  This used to be restricted to knowledge sims, but since FT I'm seeing it in toddlers, kids and sometimes in non-knowledge sims.  Fortune sims can easily get into the buy item/buy more expensive version of the item/buy even more expensive version of the item - if money is an issue, stash the item in their inventory then sell it from there to avoid the aspiration hit if you sell it immediately in buy mode.

Have your adult sims go on dates, or send the household out to a community lot.  This should reset their wants tree after the date or when they return home.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 08, 13:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good list of ideas there for changing their focus.  I like to see mine working away, so I get into the same situation if I'm not careful and have to actively refocus them in the ways suggested.

I don't see many "Hire sim" wants any more though.  Doesn't one of Pescado's hacks suppress most of those?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
richlenore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 08, 13:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado has a "No Lame Hire" mod that keeps sims from wanting to hire others who already have legit jobs, above level 2 I think. But I didn't think that was the case here so I'm not using it.  As mentioned above, I'm also running a home brothel business, not a typical business.  Money's nice, but I've never had a 4-5 star establishment and wanted to see what that was all about. Haven't kept at it because it gets boring pretty fast when the wants never change.  So I guess I'll just lessen the pace and give them a life outside the business and see what happens. Locking the different wants is a good idea, as is removing the toilet--  Grin.
Thanks for all the help!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 08, 13:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a normal known nuisance, although some of it is reduced greatly by things like nolamehires and wfsanity.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
richlenore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 08, 13:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just checking my Hacks folder and I do have the wfsanity one, so maybe I will go ahead and add the nolamehires also and see if it makes any difference.
At least this is normal (for the game). Thanks for the info Pescado!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 09, 14:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nolamehires - that's the one.  It makes running businesses much less frustrating when you don't have 3 of 4 wants tied up with "Hire Sim".

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: