More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 21:43:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.3 disabled options in my game - is there a solution?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.3 disabled options in my game - is there a solution?  (Read 3081 times)
IndustrialCat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Patch 1.3 disabled options in my game - is there a solution?
« on: 2009 August 12, 01:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched my game to 1.3, and before this I had my graphic settings to middle-max, but after I patched and entered CAS, the sims' faces were all blurry.So I tried to access "Options..." to change the graphic settings, and the window with the options opened and closed quickly, or better, it BLINKED. I had to uninstall everything, install again and this time I patched just to 1.27.

So I ask, is there a solution for this? Or, instead of making the Options window appear again, is there a way to change the graphic settings by editing a game file? Or is there a mod to make the "fast speed" of the game faster? Because it's pretty much the only thing that I really need to correct.
Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.3 disabled options in my game - is there a solution?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 12, 02:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's called Patch 1.4 for a reason. Get it.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 12, 04:52:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speed modifier here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=354281

You could try editing the Options.ini file in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 as it has the in game settings recorded to it, but I've never changed it this way and couldn't tell you if it works.   

Or you could try going on up to 1.4.  According to the change long, it only fixes a problem with uninstalling that occurred in 1.3, but you might as well get the latest anyway.  Your problem may have been caused by something else entirely. 
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 13, 04:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing happened to me, and I also couldn't enter build or buy mode. I found out that it was because I had installed an old crack. I fixed it by reinstalling without using the crack. Awesomemod contains a crack so if you're using AM you don't need another one.

Hell yeah.
IndustrialCat
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 13, 21:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thanks. As I hadn't seen anyone with the same problem, I thought it was a random thing.
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 14, 12:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe your problem has anything to do with patches. I had the same problem first time I installed TS3 and long before any patch.
For a reason that I cannot remember I uninstalled the game (maybe in one of my acute assholit attacks). Installed again and graphics became better. It seems to be a random bad install.
Graphics became acceptable after I upgraded my graphic cards to GT 9500/512MB VRAM. Now it is as perfect as EA's incompetence allows.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: