More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 09:36:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maxis family
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis family  (Read 6033 times)
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Maxis family
« on: 2007 January 07, 14:26:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been on a lot deleting spree, as my game takes now an hour to load, and I realized too late I had deleted Maxis families.
Could anyone point me to where i could find a list of these families? Not the ones in pleasantview in TS2, but the others, the ones in the bin I did not realize were from maxis, and the ones from expansion packs that could not be put in Pleasantview due to a lack of place, or originally in the bin. I have just realized thanks to the asterik that each expansion came with families.Why could they not asterisk from the beginning?
I have found a way of restoring these files on MTS2, but I need the picture of the lot.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Maxis family
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 08, 03:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[url=http://simestates2.planetthesims.gamespy.com/original_bin_families.htm]http://simestates2.planetthesims.gamespy.com/original_bin_families.htm[/url]

Unfortunately you do have to register with fileplanet.com to download them but it only takes a few minutes.

edited to add: Scratch that; appears they have gone pay. Bastards.
« Last Edit: 2007 January 08, 03:28:06 by KellyQ » Logged

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 08, 04:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edited to add: Scratch that; appears they have gone pay. Bastards.

Who's gone pay?  Fileplanet?  Are they not taking free memberships anymore?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 08, 04:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can still register for free (although, what's the point?) at fileplanet but in order to actually download anything, you have to pay for a subscription. I didn't realize they had changed their policy when I replied to IndiaSong's question. Pisses me off. I'm sure simsestates must know this, so I guess they now qualify as a PAYSITE. Maybe someone might think this is worth DESTROYING? Grin

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 08, 12:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still see free servers at fileplanet. They load below the paid ones, with a delay.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 08, 12:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been on a lot deleting spree, as my game takes now an hour to load

An hour??!!  Shocked I gotta say, you have the patience of a saint to wait that long...  Mine takes about 5 minutes and even that's too long Tongue

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 08, 14:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can still register for free (although, what's the point?) at fileplanet but in order to actually download anything, you have to pay for a subscription.

I still see free servers at fileplanet. They load below the paid ones, with a delay.

Yea, like Jordi I still see the free servers and can download things just fine from there.  So the stuff from Sim Estates 2 is still freely available.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 08, 16:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be missing something... why do you need to download them? - you still have them in your default hood folder.  Just take out your sims2 folder, start the game and there'll be an original Pleasantview for you to play with  and if you deleted those defaults, they are still on your CD.  Deleting lots containing sims is going to make a big mess in your game files.  I wouldn't have thought what was left was going to last very long without a big BFBVOS.  Packaging up played sims and re-using them is also dangerous because it's hard to prevent them taking junk into the new hood, but given the people who've already replied maybe I'm missing something.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 08, 17:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can still register for free (although, what's the point?) at fileplanet but in order to actually download anything, you have to pay for a subscription.

Yea, like Jordi I still see the free servers and can download things just fine from there.  So the stuff from Sim Estates 2 is still freely available.

Yes but if you actually click on the free servers, it redirects me to another page giving me the option to either pay for a month or for the year, it doesn't actually let me download anything. Is this only happening to me?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 08, 17:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. Check your cookie settings, fileplanet uses some obscure and insane authentication method which uses multiple cookies set on multiple domains.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 08, 18:00:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be missing something... why do you need to download them? - you still have them in your default hood folder.  Just take out your sims2 folder, start the game and there'll be an original Pleasantview for you to play with  and if you deleted those defaults, they are still on your CD.  Deleting lots containing sims is going to make a big mess in your game files.  I wouldn't have thought what was left was going to last very long without a big BFBVOS.  Packaging up played sims and re-using them is also dangerous because it's hard to prevent them taking junk into the new hood, but given the people who've already replied maybe I'm missing something.
what did I miss?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 08, 20:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. Check your cookie settings, fileplanet uses some obscure and insane authentication method which uses multiple cookies set on multiple domains.

Oh okay. Thanks for the information, Jordi.

Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 11, 22:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for your replies. It is often difficult to get in.
As for the lots on Fileplanet, I had already downloaded them, but all the new ones are missing.
But I know i don't need to download them, they are in the game files.
What I need is to identify them to try and restore them. Their names and addresses.
Pets put an asterisk on the Maxis lots thumbnail. So I didn't delete those, but the ones from University and Ofb.
Does anyone have that information?
And I know an hour is too much. It happened recently, and deleting lots didn't help.
But my folder is huuuge.5gb for downloads and 7.5gb for objects.
I try to cull but I'm losing the battle.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 11, 22:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For someone who thinks that your downloads should only equal half your RAM, Pescado sure is contributing to people having enormous downloads folders since he put up PMBD.  Cheesy

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 12, 11:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are looking for the families from the original lot bins, they will be in the lot bin when you start up the game fresh.  Put them in a lot and then package them. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: